ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Borud

If we had an interior lineman that was capable of playing tackle I would think they'd be there already.
Did not have anyone good enough to replace someone moving outside would be my guess. Yes your tackle gets better but you just mucked up the interior

Did not have anyone good enough to replace someone moving outside would be my guess. Yes your tackle gets better but you just mucked up the interior
I don't think so. Good tackles are much tougher to come by than IOL and if there was anyone on the team who could play the position at a high level they should be there. The reason Iowa has had such atrocious tackle play is because the guys they've tried at tackle were all a bust or lacked the requisite footspeed and quickness to play the position. Iowa is flush with IOL that are sometimes failed experiments at the tackle positions. Colby, Stephens, and DeJong are all failed tackle experiments although DeJong is still listed as the backup at right tackle. Iowa's most highly rated recent tackle recruit, Trevor Lauck is currently a backup guard. The stable would appear pretty lacking, but according to our oline coach it might be the greatest backup unit in Iowa history. At least it was last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT