ADVERTISEMENT

Cael Sanderson business partner arrested on Friday and charged with Sexual Exploitation of a minor

I really hope the post about this guy being in the PSU room as recent as January isn’t true..

ClutteredSparseHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

after all the crap that has been slung at the lee family by psu fans over the past couple months i hope it’s true.

If it is written by an anonymous poster on HR, it must be true.
Yikes. It’s sounding like it’s true, man. After Sandusky, what an awful look for PSU. Sounds like a place where all predators can feel welcomed and “inspired” lol.

Also, I noticed you laughed at my post about Carl being shady. Have you ever interacted with the man or are you just an online fanboy? Maybe try talking to a few of his former ISU wrestlers to see what they think of him and his integrity. You can start with the Paulson twins.

Yikes. It’s sounding like it’s true, man. After Sandusky, what an awful look for PSU. Sounds like a place where all predators can feel welcomed and “inspired” lol.

Also, I noticed you laughed at my post about Carl being shady. Have you ever interacted with the man or are you just an online fanboy? Maybe try talking to a few of his former ISU wrestlers to see what they think of him and his integrity. You can start with the Paulson twins.
I am laughing at this statement:

"There’s a reason I hate Carl and it’s not because he wins."

That is laughable.

I am sure some ISU wrestlers who were on his team when he left feel slighted and do not have nice things to say about him. I am sure his PSU wrestlers have different things to say.

Last edited:

That is laughable.
Why is that laughable? I have several close friends who wrestled at ISU when Carl was the coach. I have my reasons for not liking the guy and again, they have nothing to do with his success.

So I will ask again, why is that funny to you?

I do not agree. If one of the Brands' BUSINESS PARTNERS got in trouble and there is nothing known about any wrongdoing by the Brands brothers, I do not even believe the article gets written with a reference to Brands. The article itself is pathetic.

If an identical article were written with the only difference being that the article said Brands instead of Cael, any thread about such article on the PSU website would be equally pathetic and I would say so. Pathetic is pathetic whether it is on the Iowa board or the PSU board.
Guess what? If you are a big name and you know someone that did something really bad, it IS news to name you as an associate. That is simply how the news works these days. No one with a brain is saying Cael did anything wrong based on what we know so far.

But, again, it IS news that he knows that person and had substantial dealings with the person. Personally, I don't believe Cael did anything wrong, nor do I believe he knew this person did so. But, I find it funny that you lash out so vehemently here for someone posting it when your site has threads dedicated to denigrating everyone that posts here.

You have every right to not like the article. You even have every right to dislike it being posted here. But, it is truly misplaced indignation, acting like it wouldn't or shouldn't have been written or even posted on here. Even worse, you honestly believe they wouldn't have linked Brands if it were him instead? Hell, he is the Head Coach of the biggest program in the state. You are BEYOND delusional if you don't think they would have linked Brands. Hell, I would go one step further and say they would actually have hounded Brands over it since he is still in-state...

Reactions: fufighters and eb05
Guess what? If you are a big name and you know someone that did something really bad, it IS news to name you as an associate. That is simply how the news works these days. No one with a brain is saying Cael did anything wrong based on what we know so far.

But, again, it IS news that he knows that person and had substantial dealings with the person. Personally, I don't believe Cael did anything wrong, nor do I believe he knew this person did so. But, I find it funny that you lash out so vehemently here for someone posting it when your site has threads dedicated to denigrating everyone that posts here.

You have every right to not like the article. You even have every right to dislike it being posted here. But, it is truly misplaced indignation, acting like it wouldn't or shouldn't have been written or even posted on here. Even worse, you honestly believe they wouldn't have linked Brands if it were him instead? Hell, he is the Head Coach of the biggest program in the state. You are BEYOND delusional if you don't think they would have linked Brands. Hell, I would go one step further and say they would actually have hounded Brands over it since he is still in-state...
And that would be pathetic. If you are trying to get me to concede that there are pathetic people on both websites, I concede. The mere fact that others act in a pathetic manner does not justify pathetic behavior. I will state it again, this thread is pathetic.

Last edited:
I'm not understanding what Penn State fans are mad about.

You're mad at wrestling fans for posting an article about Cael being business partners with an accused sex trafficker? Ofcourse that is going to be a story.

Why not be mad at Markley? Or mad at Cael for bringing him around the program?

Bizarre behavior.

You're mad at wrestling fans for posting an article about Cael being business partners with an accused sex trafficker? Ofcourse that is going to be a story.

Bizarre behavior.
There is no one anywhere who is not mad at Markley. That guy needs to be drawn and quartered.

I do not agree. If one of the Brands' BUSINESS PARTNERS got in trouble and there is nothing known about any wrongdoing by the Brands brothers, I do not even believe the article gets written with a reference to Brands. The article itself is pathetic.

If an identical article were written with the only difference being that the article said Brands instead of Cael, any thread about such article on the PSU website would be equally pathetic and I would say so. Pathetic is pathetic whether it is on the Iowa board or the PSU board.
Agreed, this is a new level of sad for this place.

Mr. Sanderson is a minority passive investor in entities co-owned by a number of investors including Markley. Sanderson learned of the allegations against Mr. Markley at the same time the public was made aware. Mr. Sanderson has no information or knowledge regarding the allegations other than what has been published. The entities are currently replacing Mr. Markley’s ownership.”

PAT DONGHIA, PENN STATE ATHLETICS SPOKESMAN

It's just clickbait silliness .

@mods can we merge this thread with the Ferrari clan thread? I feel like they are going to cover a lot of the same ground.
The irony is mighty thick with the people clamoring for a guy who has active sexual battery charges against him while bashing a guy based on a business associate 1000 miles away. If there is ever any actual connection between Cael and the criminal activity itself, I'll be concerned.

Agreed, this is a new level of sad for this place.

Mr. Sanderson is a minority passive investor in entities co-owned by a number of investors including Markley. Sanderson learned of the allegations against Mr. Markley at the same time the public was made aware. Mr. Sanderson has no information or knowledge regarding the allegations other than what has been published. The entities are currently replacing Mr. Markley’s ownership.”

PAT DONGHIA, PENN STATE ATHLETICS SPOKESMAN

It's just clickbait silliness .

I'm sure Cael let's just any old fan walk onto the floor at NCAA's to take pictures with the championship trophy

Sure looks like the wrestling room lounge to me, but what do I know

This thread and the attention resulting from this thread on this website is pathetic. And if you don't realize how pathetic this thread is, that makes you pathetic.
Dude,
We would be having a field day on BWI with a story like this if it was anyone on the Iowa staff. Our shitteth does indeed stinketh.
Let them have their fun as we would. It's their sandbox.

If I am friends and business partner with a known cocaine trafficker, I am assumed to be either using or dealing cocaine as well.

Now lets substitute "cocaine" with "child sex"

See where the dots might be connected in the court of public opinion? Now add in that Carl is a strange dude and has an off personality, and now there is a potential smoking gun in the background... it is not hard to imagine why people are talking here.

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62

Bizarre behavior.

That is laughable.

I am sure some ISU wrestlers who were on his team when he left feel slighted and do not have nice things to say about him. I am sure his PSU wrestlers have different things to say.
Sounds like sour grapes , they're weren't good enough to jump ship with Sanderson.

If I am friends and business partner with a known cocaine trafficker, I am assumed to be either using or dealing cocaine as well.

See where the dots might be connected in the court of public opinion? Now add in that Carl is a strange dude and has an off personality, and now there is a potential smoking gun in the background... it is not hard to imagine why people are talking here.
Mental illness is more likely . About 45 years ago I work part time for a carpenter, who turned out to be a child molester. I was 15 at the time and he acted awfully creepy around me. He was doing some work for some removed relatives of mine, and they talk to my dad about having me work there.
No one knew what this guy was like until it came out much much later. He actually molested a friend of mine. When he was much younger I believe in grade school years. It really messed them up for the rest of his life.
No, wouldn't know until I came out, that's how these things tend work. Another friend was molested by a priest in his early teenage years, again, he told me about this just a few years ago. No one in the church know, maybe you were some complaints to the bishop or higher ups in the church hierarchy with the local parishioners did not now, and probably still don't know till this day how this happened.
Especially the way they were moved around. Now you take a real estate partnership between a few people, something that could be drawn up in some attorneys, office or real estate office, and how do you expect anyone to know the private wives of the others?
So I'm going with Luna conspiracy mental illness, kind of stuff over some smoking gun.

Reactions: lookleft goright

What about an”unknown” cocaine trafficker? I mean, that’s the rub. Huge difference between being a partner with a known criminal versus someone who does it on the sly and now is in hot water.

I mean, it looks like he was married (like Jared from subway). You wouldn’t automatically think she’s in on it, but of course you need to investigate that. Same as in this situation - I’m sure all the dude’s partners will be questioned

Mental illness is more likely . About 45 years ago I work part time for a carpenter, who turned out to be a child molester. I was 15 at the time and he acted awfully creepy around me. He was doing some work for some removed relatives of mine, and they talk to my dad about having me work there.
No one knew what this guy was like until it came out much much later. He actually molested a friend of mine. When he was much younger I believe in grade school years. It really messed them up for the rest of his life.
No, wouldn't know until I came out, that's how these things tend work. Another friend was molested by a priest in his early teenage years, again, he told me about this just a few years ago. No one in the church know, maybe you were some complaints to the bishop or higher ups in the church hierarchy with the local parishioners did not now, and probably still don't know till this day how this happened.
Especially the way they were moved around. Now you take a real estate partnership between a few people, something that could be drawn up in some attorneys, office or real estate office, and how do you expect anyone to know the private wives of the others?
So I'm going with Luna conspiracy mental illness, kind of stuff over some smoking gun.
Don't edit this B&B. It's pure gold just as it's written.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: natchrlman
If charges go back to 2008 and Ames is the location, it makes sense that they simply messed up where he was a former head coach. It should have said, "Former ISU Head Wrestling Coach and now PSU Head Wrestling Coach Cael Sanderson."....
It literally says that further down in the post 😅

Multiple things can be true:

• Sanderson had a business partner that was a creep (maybe woodchipper worthy)
  • Sanderson had no idea
  • Guilt by association (especially this distant of association) is not fair. If it was, you have to implicate multiple school districts, YSS, and probably thousands of other people
  • Spicing up the the offseason to gently tease an opposing fan base in your own team's message boards is fair
  • cesspool gonna cesspool
  • PSU fans gonna be here and be defensive

• Sanderson had no idea
  • Guilt by association (especially this distant of association) is not fair. If it was, you have to implicate multiple school districts, YSS, and probably thousands of other people
  • Spicing up the the offseason to gently tease an opposing fan base in your own team's message boards is fair
This is a work of genius - all the angles covered with elegant brevity.

• Sanderson had no idea
Who does business and has an ongoing relationship with a woodchipper-worthy creep for 15+ years and has no idea about their creepiness?

Then you're absolutely the only one because all you other dipshits immediately hop on here to spew trash at the earliest available moment.

And since you're obviously the only one you'd end up following the herd and join in anyways without saying a damn word, which makes you something worse: a pushover.

Get off your high horse before you fall off and hurt your delicate pride.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT