ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Caitlin Clark Leads Iowa to the Final Four: Dreams Come True

Adam Jacobi

HR MVP
Staff
Dec 30, 2022
Here's a deep dive by @BraydonRoberts5 on this year's season. We sure hope you enjoy reading this as much as we enjoyed seeing it through from idea to finished product:

Believe It To Achieve It

Sometimes the distance between a dream forming and it being realized is quick. Other times, it’s years in the making. For Bluder and Clark, it started in Clark’s living room in 2019. For the rest of their found family, it came in the NCAA Tournament two years ago.

“I really think it started at the end of Caitlin’s freshman year when we beat Kentucky to go to the Sweet Sixteen,” Coach Bluder said of when the team beyond Caitlin started to think they could make a Final Four. “That Bubble really brought us together.”

"I mean, about the only people that believed were me and [Bluder] when I first committed to her," Clark said. "It was getting the locker room to believe and then everybody in the locker room believed and the rest is kind of history."

Like all great journeys, though, this one didn't come without setbacks and disappointment. It was those setbacks and disappointments that helped Iowa get to its destination.

Caitlin Clark Leads Iowa to the Final Four: Dreams Come True

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT