ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark left off the Olympic team

Screen-Shot-2023-08-17-at-10.49.42-AM.jpeg

What is the WNBA history of putting first year players on the roster?
On WNBA rosters?

Happens all the time.

Olympic roster? Not a WNBA decision. Maybe Google past Olympic teams and see how many rookie players were represented on them...

Reactions: goldmom
She probably could use the rest.

This. She's been playing more or less straight through since what, October?

Right now my biggest fear for her as far as the current WNBA season is concerned is a serious injury such as an ACL simply because of exhaustion.

I also believe it would be wise if they actually cut back her workload a bit. Yes, I fully understand the league absolutely does not want that to happen, but I'm talking more about game minutes management more than missing games management.

Indiana isn't going anywhere this year - be smart, protect that investment for their and her future.

Why would past history have anything to do with with what happens to the all time record setter today?
If they had a history of putting top rookies on rosters it would make the lack of her inclusion stranger.

I don't know that being a scoring leader necessarily means much.

I know on the men's side they did take college or rookies at times. Christian Laetnerr comes to mind

Will you watch any of the Olympics women's basketball compared to if you would have if she was on the team?

I can't believe NBC sports didn't at least get a little input into this considering the billions they spend on this.

I won't watch a minute of it now.
Sure you will.

It's team USA of course I'll watch. I'm sure Fox and the RW clowns will mock and trash team USA like it did last Olympics. What Patriots they are, actually the opposite.

Wouldn't it be something if CC and some other good players played overseas in the off season, say Australia or Great Britain for instance, gained citizenship, and then played on the Australian or GB Olympic team in 2028. That way she and others wouldn't feel peer pressure to kneel or ignore the U.S. anthem?

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
No offense... but anyone who doesn't think she deserves it is a moron

You can make a good argument that she is deserving and should have gotten an invite. But it's not like they are leaving Jordan off the Dream Team here. Caitlin is probably the 10th or 11th best player on the team at best and would only see limited minutes until it's garbage time.

I predict CC will end up on the team. I don't know that it's best for her or the team, but I think social medica as well as the Olympic games tv sponsors spur her inclusion on the final roster.

I predict CC will end up on the team. I don't know that it's best for her or the team, but I think social medica as well as the Olympic games tv sponsors spur her inclusion on the final roster.
you may be right.

Here’s the thing, I think that there will be STRONG pressure to get her on the team. But she’d be smart to turn it down if she actually wants to have a career in the wnba.
She’s talented enough, but she needs to send a signal to the rest of the league that while her fans think she’s bigger than the league she doesn’t.

Here’s the thing, I think that there will be STRONG pressure to get her on the team. But she’d be smart to turn it down if she actually wants to have a career in the wnba.
She’s talented enough, but she needs to send a signal to the rest of the league that while her fans think she’s bigger than the league she doesn’t.
I get what you're saying and I don't necessarily disagree, but I think she'd have haters in &out of the league if she turns it down as well.

Will you watch any of the Olympics women's basketball compared to if you would have if she was on the team?

I can't believe NBC sports didn't at least get a little input into this considering the billions they spend on this.

I won't watch a minute of it now.
Probably not.

There are a bunch of women on the team that don’t belong there. If they don’t want Clark as a rookie, they could at least choose current all-stars instead of Mike Tibault’s son’s players.

Reactions: noleclone2
I hope Gray can't play and they add Angel Reese. The meltdown would be hilarious.
I dont think Angel was even invited tho try out. Therefore Her being added top the team would be problematic. I dont have a problem with Caitlin not being on the Team……..however, the Committee needs to remember that the most dynamic player in women's collegiate basketball history was NOT included on the team, for future reference.

Reactions: stickman80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT