ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain why childless, single working women is a bad thing?

Hawki97

HB Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
Fewer oxygen thieves? Good. The world is way over-populated as it is.

Single and ready to mingle? Hell yeah.

Can buy her own shit instead of milking free drinks at the bar? Again, hell yeah.

Why are repubbers so worked up over this?

771c7c3a-b73e-4692-9f46-4d715ecf5fcf_text.gif

Working women are fine.

That said, it shouldn't be either/or. Actuarial tables and public finance can be a real bitch when birth rate is less than replacement rate.

Reactions: Colonoscopy

Can buy her own shit instead of milking free drinks at the bar? Again, hell yeah.

I don't think it helps or does any good to attack people for being childless. However our birthrate is below replacement rate right now. Things are not going to be good for the elderly if there is no one there to support them. It's not going to be good for our economy if we don't have enough workers to fill jobs.

However I would argue the better way to encourage people to have children is instead of calling them names provide more generous subsidies towards the raising of children. A bigger child tax credit would be a good start. I would also name daycare assistance being more available.

All women have the ability to make choices about marriage.
If they want to remain single that is their decision. Not every
person wants to be married. The companionship and motherhood
which marriage offers is a personal choice.

Bottom Line: Single-working women in the work force can be
a positive development. They should be applauded for it.

I don't think it helps or does any good to attack people for being childless. However our birthrate is below replacement rate right now. Things are not going to be good for the elderly if there is no one there to support them. It's not going to be good for our economy if we don't have enough workers to fill jobs.

However I would argue the better way to encourage people to have children is instead of calling them names provide more generous subsidies towards the raising of children. A bigger child tax credit would be a good start. I would also name daycare assistance being more available.
Embracing immigration with a system that brings in workers who contribute to our economy and society is helpful too.

Deporting millions does not help.

Immigration!

Because the church says sex is for procreation and procreation only…and only in marriage.

Not saying it is a bad thing, however women without kids appear to be less empathetic than women who do.

I only am going off of conversations I've had when there is conflict between females.

Calling in or leaving early because of kids, when school is out. Why do you baby or pamper your kids so much?

It happens

• Haha
Reactions: peacehawk

The population of the US is growing and will continue to grow thanks to immigration. Embrace the melting pot.

World population is growing. So 'Merican replacement rate is what repubbers are worried about?

insert provocative-eye-raise.gif here
Sadly, American public finance (and the accompanying subsidies/programs/loan writeoffs that many love so dearly) is not based on the ability to tax third world growth rates.

Reactions: Hawki97
World population is growing. So 'Merican replacement rate is what repubbers are worried about?

insert provocative-eye-raise.gif here
It's only rising because of the birth rate in Africa. Education and family planning will see that drop. Demographers are predicting world population will start falling by 2100.

It's only rising because of the birth rate in Africa. Education and family planning will see that drop. Demographers are predicting world population will start falling by 2100.

Sounds like my great, great grand kid's problem. Kidding, kind of.

AI will be all the replacement we need anyway. Kidding, kind of.

The population of the US is growing and will continue to grow thanks to immigration. Embrace the melting pot.

I don't have a problem with the melting pot but I don't think we should count on immigration for our population.

There is potential cultural issues. I'm not against adopting parts of new cultures, but we should have a base culture to operate off of.

Secondly if for some reason immigration dries up because people prefer another nation or because the nations that our immigrants usually come from get better and people decide to stay.

I don't have a problem with the melting pot but I don't think we should count on immigration for our population.

There is potential cultural issues. I'm not against adopting parts of new cultures, but we should have a base culture to operate off of.

Secondly if for some reason immigration dries up because people prefer another nation or because the nations that our immigrants usually come from get better and people decide to stay.

AI is all the replacement we need. Think of all the re-training $$$$'s we'll save.

article-17169-hero.jpg

it depends on whether they are net producers or net consumers; having them outside the system definitely doesn't help as taxable revenue may be repatriated.
I'm not sure what you're saying. Immigrants are no different than other groups of Americans. Check that. Recent Immigrants are younger and probably harder working than the average American.

Sounds like my great, great grand kid's problem. Kidding, kind of.

AI will be all the replacement we need anyway. Kidding, kind of.

Sounds like a boomer move. Screw everything up for some temporary gain for yourself and consider the fallout to be someone else's problem.

Our country has become too individualistic to where people don't feel they have any obligations to the country or the world outside of what the law forces them to do. They don't even feel obligated to replace themselves and raise the next generation.

All of are going to get old one day and we're all gonna want the productive people to care for us in our unproductive years. Now we can claim we deserve that because we did it for the previous generation. . . But the part they are missing from that equation is that you not only need to do it for the previous generations but you also need to create and raise the next generation.

AI is all the replacement we need. Think of all the re-training $$$$'s we'll save.

article-17169-hero.jpg

People have been saying for multiple generations that automation and technology was going to replace our need to work. Ultimately while it's made us far far more productive, it has also only lead to more jobs and work for people. Just in fields that are different from what was previously done. Fields that might not have existed 40 or even 20 years ago. I have no reason to believe that AI will be any different from this trend.

AI may replace us for production. But I think the smart odds indicate that it only opens up new jobs for people.

Sounds like a boomer move. Screw everything up for some temporary gain for yourself and consider the fallout to be someone else's problem.

Our country has become too individualistic to where people don't feel they have any obligations to the country or the world outside of what the law forces them to do. They don't even feel obligated to replace themselves and raise the next generation.

All of are going to get old one day and we're all gonna want the productive people to care for us in our unproductive years. Now we can claim we deserve that because we did it for the previous generation. . . But the part they are missing from that equation is that you not only need to do it for the previous generations but you also need to create and raise the next generation.

Hell yeah! Grumpy, broken sarcasm meter, can't have a little fun Hoosier is in the HORT house today!!!

Let's talk abortion, shall we? You start the thread.

People have been saying for multiple generations that automation and technology was going to replace our need to work. Ultimately while it's made us far far more productive, it has also only lead to more jobs and work for people. Just in fields that are different from what was previously done. Fields that might not have existed 40 or even 20 years ago. I have no reason to believe that AI will be any different from this trend.

AI may replace us for production. But I think the smart odds indicate that it only opens up new jobs for people.

Tell that to this guy:

b7194459-3d90-4b67-8026-2a7ebf90200d_text.gif

Reactions: TDJ7

People aren't going to start having more kids. The costs are too high. We aren't going back to the single bread-winner/mom stays at home and raises the kids world. Even where it's financially incentivized, like China, it hasn't worked. We either grow through immigration or we don't grow.

Reactions: nelly02
It's self absorbed and selfish NOT to have kids? WTF

Pretty much.

Explain yourself.

Hoosier nailed it with this explanation. It's selfish, individualistic behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT