ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone point me to empirical evidence that the earth is a spinning ball hurdling through space

I am genuinely curious. I too dismissed this topic until a friend of mine started a discussion a few months ago about this. Around the same time a few Youtube videos popped up in the side bar claiming to prove a flat earth or at the very least a geocentric model vs the currently accepted heliocentric model. Some of them are very convincing, but especially the guy above, he is an engineer who also randomly got into this topic and using commonly accepted scientific principle has come to the conclusion that the earth is probably flat and at the very least we have never been into "space". Watch his videos if you like and check his math and logic, or provide a counter argument, because I am really starting to freak out.

You act as if you know anything about me, you have even referred to me in the familiar by calling me 'spectre' twice now. Let me disabuse you of this notion, now do you have anything to offer on this topic?
I know a lot about you. You're a holocaust denying, fascist, anti-science, authoritarian conservative. I think you represent your side well. Keep plugging away, you're a gift.

I know a lot about you. You're a holocaust denying, fascist, anti-science, authoritarian conservative. I think you represent your side well. Keep plugging away, you're a gift.

If this is true, why participate in conversation with these wierdos? There are several posters that aren't capable of logical conversation but other posters keep stringing them along.

I didn't watch the video, but it looks like he's wearing a Ron Paul shirt. So I would guess that he is intelligent, mentally undisciplined, and probably naive.

Reactions: Joes Place
pC5dy.gif

If this is true, why participate in conversation with these wierdos? There are several posters that aren't capable of logical conversation but other posters keep stringing them along.
I alluded to that. I think he does his positions harm by talking. So I like to keep him talking as I disagree with his positions.

Reactions: Rudolph
Why don't you save me another 23 minutes and ask the question you want answered. I'm 5 minutes into his video and there's no question yet.

Prove to me without using NASA that the earth is a sphere. How has this been proven through experimentation. Why can we see things over long distances that should be hidden by the "horizon" (see Chicago Skyline from ~50 miles away in Michigan), it should not be possible on a "ball" earth. What the hell is going on!

Prove to me without using NASA that the earth is a sphere. How has this been proven through experimentation. Why can we see things over long distances that should be hidden by the "horizon" (see Chicago Skyline from ~50 miles away in Michigan), it should not be possible on a "ball" earth. What the hell is going on!
giphy.gif

Materials:

1: calm, shallow body of water with soft bottom.

2: ruler

3: Three or more 8' 2x2s. varied colors would help.

4: boat and binoculars.

Procedure:

Drive a 2x2 into the bottom and leave an exact amount (e.g. 24") amount sticking out above the waterline.

Move a significant distance from the first 2x2 and drive a second into the bottom with the same length above the waterline.

Move a similar distance and drive a third 2x2 in, in the same manner, ensuring it is in line with the first two 2x2s.

Observe the 2x2s from a similar distance as they are spaced from each other.

Draw your own conclusions from the above experiment.

Try this.

Take a boat exactly 3.14 miles east of the Sears tower in Lake Michigan.

Make sure the boat is facing due north.

Tie one end of a rope to a cinder block and the other to your neck.

Hold the cinder block.

Look at the Sears tower to see if the earth looks curved.

Jump overboard.

Materials:

1: calm, shallow body of water with soft bottom.

2: ruler

3: Three or more 8' 2x2s. varied colors would help.

4: boat and binoculars.

Procedure:

Drive a 2x2 into the bottom and leave an exact amount (e.g. 24") amount sticking out above the waterline.

Move a significant distance from the first 2x2 and drive a second into the bottom with the same length above the waterline.

Move a similar distance and drive a third 2x2 in, in the same manner, ensuring it is in line with the first two 2x2s.

Observe the 2x2s from a similar distance as they are spaced from each other.

Draw your own conclusions from the above experiment.

How can you see the Chicago skyline from 50 miles away over lake Michigan? It should be below your sightline when using the excepted formula for figuring the curve of the earth 8 inches multiplied by the distance in miles squared. WTF

How can you see the Chicago skyline from 50 miles away over lake Michigan? It should be below your sightline when using the excepted formula for figuring the curve of the earth 8 inches multiplied by the distance in miles squared. WTF

I dunno. Refraction?

Can you even see it? Who says? YouTube? What makes YouTube more or less credible than NASA?

I dunno. Refraction?

Can you even see it? Who says? YouTube? What makes YouTube more or less credible than NASA?
The math checks out, the earth is flat. That's why you can only see the tops of the buildings. Wait... huh?

What I want to know is why has NASA been lying to us all these years (not to mention the other thousands of years of dirty, lying, cheating "scientists")? It's astonishing how far back the conspiracy goes. I feel so cheated.

What I want to know is why has NASA been lying to us all these years (not to mention the other thousands of years of dirty, lying, cheating "scientists")? It's astonishing how far back the conspiracy goes. I feel so cheated.

What aren't they telling us and why?

I'll make this even easier, find me a picture, besides the one from Apollo 17, of the entire earth that isn't a composite pieced together by NASA from fragments taken from LOE satellites.

All NASA funds have been funneled to the Clinton Foundation.

Should be easy to solve. If you will pay I'd like to take a trip to Lake Baikal in Siberia with you. There's a stretch of at least 250 miles where we can test your theory. Using the formula you provided (250 squared X 8 inches) gives us approximately 3473 feet in expected drop in that distance.

If we set a high powered laser pointer on the ice - making sure it's perfectly level - it should be pointing about three quarters of a mile in the air when it hits the northeastern shore of the lake due to the earth's curvature.

However, I'm pretty sure that if your laser was perfectly level it would hit the shore 250 miles away at the exact same level it started at - let's say 4 inches above the surface of the ice. What conclusions would a logical person take from this? Anyway, I am free to go on this all-expense paid trip next December so let's do this!!!

Should be easy to solve. If you will pay I'd like to take a trip to Lake Baikal in Siberia with you. There's a stretch of at least 250 miles where we can test your theory. Using the formula you provided (250 squared X 8 inches) gives us approximately 3473 feet in expected drop in that distance.

If we set a high powered laser pointer on the ice - making sure it's perfectly level - it should be pointing about three quarters of a mile in the air when it hits the northeastern shore of the lake due to the earth's curvature.

However, I'm pretty sure that if your laser was perfectly level it would hit the shore 250 miles away at the exact same level it started at - let's say 4 inches above the surface of the ice. What conclusions would a logical person take from this? Anyway, I am free to go on this all-expense paid trip next December so let's do this!!!

Maybe we could crowd fund it. Also the problem with lasers as I have found from watching lots of videos is that they do not stay focused in a tight beam but spread out in a conical fashion from the tip of the laser thus rendering any meaningful results unlikely.

I have no idea what's real anymore.

But when I watch an official NASA video like this I definitely know what's not. :p

Think of how cooperative all the Russian and Chinese and other nations' scientists were in helping with this plan. Now dont you feel united and connected?

If the earth is so flat, how come I can't ever seem to pee purely straight? Seems like some gravity and quarks and strings to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT