ADVERTISEMENT

Can Swarm beer save the hawks and lead to a rebuild?

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I have one friend who buys it all the time. After the game and after finding out and telling him how much NIL the rookie TN QB got I told him he needs to drink a hell of a lot of that beer.

I bought it once and it tasted like complete dog sh*t. I might drink it again if offered for free, but will never spend money on it again. Also, donating your money to pay for NCAA college football NIL athletes may be the most pathetic "donation" one could possibly make - might as well wave the bird to those sick kids in the children's hospital if that is how you choose to spend your charity dollars.

I bought it once and it tasted like complete dog sh*t. I might drink it again if offered for free, but will never spend money on it again. Also, donating your money to pay for NCAA college football NIL athletes may be the most pathetic "donation" one could possibly make - might as well wave the bird to those sick kids in the children's hospital if that is how you choose to spend your charity dollars.
I personally don't think the beer is that bad and I've gone to it as my go to purchase as I'm going to drink beer anyway might as well do my very small part in helping the hawks get the talent they need. I do agree with your last part though I will donate to things that actually matter in real life not some game that is just for entertainment.

You can choose not to donate but to not donate then bitch about results is braindead.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Where can it be bought? As long as it's available in SE Iowa, I will happily give the University of Iowa my beer money, unless the price is comparable to the cost of tickets.

Last edited:
Just like any beer, it’s not for everyone, but I like it. It’s an ale, which may seem an unusual choice for a tailgate beer, but it’s a light and crisp ale with a quick finish. Our group started every tailgate with a Swarm and several would drink it throughout.

I understand your point of view, but it's not an either or type situation.

I personally don't think the beer is that bad and I've gone to it as my go to purchase as I'm going to drink beer anyway might as well do my very small part in helping the hawks get the talent they need. I do agree with your last part though I will donate to things that actually matter in real life not some game that is just for entertainment.
For an NIL collective to thrive on donor money, it needs a fanbase that’s either obsessed with winning, or has several very deep-pocketed boosters. This is where our “Midwest practicality” hurts us. Iowa fans like winning, of course, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Wrap it into something we can buy and have a tangible item in our hands? Yeah, that works.

University needs to donate their Big Ten TV deal funds & funnel it back to the collective.

Wasn't it the point that the University was reaping all of the money off the kids' back, and they wanted a piece of the action?

Now, it's the fans who need to 'give a little more'. Makes no sense.

University needs to donate their Big Ten TV deal funds & funnel it back to the collective.

Wasn't it the point that the University was reaping all of the money off the kids' back, and they wanted a piece of the action?

Now, it's the fans who need to 'give a little more'. Makes no sense.
I cannot imagine this is possible. If I was an AD, I would offer a coach a 10 million dollar package, with a 7 million per and 3 million going directly to the collective.

I cannot imagine this is possible. If I was an AD, I would offer a coach a 10 million dollar package, with a 7 million per and 3 million going directly to the collective.
I was thinking it probably wasn't, but yours is another idea.

Considering I don't drink anymore, it would be nice if there were other products I could buy that would support the Swarm that don't involve booze. And, something accessible in the state of Florida.. Which I assume won't be too likely. If it's something I could at least order online, that's a possibility for me.

Considering I don't drink anymore, it would be nice if there were other products I could buy that would support the Swarm that don't involve booze. And, something accessible in the state of Florida.. Which I assume won't be too likely. If it's something I could at least order online, that's a possibility for me.
Brad stated they have non-alcoholic in the works. No idea if it's a seltzer or soda.

Can you purchase beer AND donate to a children's hospital? What is the state law on that?

Can you purchase beer AND donate to a children's hospital? What is the state law on that?
You tell me Noonan.

hqdefault.jpg

Swarm guy says Swarm bottled water is on the way. He also is going to roll out a travel service that he swears will save you money on travel compared to the other guys. He understands that not everyone can afford to donate. So they are coming up with creative ways for you to get value buying their Swarm products and helping the collective. Win win.

I'll be in Iowa this weekend and will do my part by purchasing some Swarm Beer.

Iowa's goal going forward should be getting to that #12 spot in the expanded playoffs as long as that arrangement stays as is. Don't see it happening anytime soon, though. Just not going to be able to compete with bigger donor financial bases elsewhere.
Once the top 30 or so programs split off into true NFL minor league affiliates, of which Iowa will not be one, then the Hawks can get out of the financial death match that P5 football has become.

Iowa's goal going forward should be getting to that #12 spot in the expanded playoffs as long as that arrangement stays as is. Don't see it happening anytime soon, though. Just not going to be able to compete with bigger donor financial bases elsewhere.
Once the top 30 or so programs split off into true NFL minor league affiliates, of which Iowa will not be one, then the Hawks can get out of the financial death match that P5 football has become.
Iowa has pretty consistently been a top 30 program for awhile. with your conclusion.

I'm not surprised in reading all these comments, everyone wants a winner but nobody wants to pony up.

As they rest of the conference embraces what needs to be done to ensure they have a healthy NIL the majority of Iowa fans will stand idly by as the team falls to mediocrity or worse and then wonder why?

The days of saying "I go to the games that's how I support the team" are meaningless sitting in Kinnick does nothing in the new world of NIL.

Unless they find a way for donations to Swarm go towards preferred seating .. it just will not happen .. unless we get Tom Arnold and Ashton and Michelle and aquaman and you get it to donate millions… not gonna do it … wouldn’t be prudent at this juncture

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT