ADVERTISEMENT

Can this be true?

Iowa QBs through only 4 TDs in the last 9 games?

Sounds ridiculous but it fits with my memory; it’s also why honestly and I’ve never been a fan of this ideology (because honestly it can…🙄) but honestly… Our offense couldn’t be much worse than it was over the last several games!

Our upside is tremendous, it would be criminal if we couldn’t get better quarterback play one way or another and I honestly don’t care who it is!

What were the passing TD totals for the other two wishbone running academies?

I don’t know what’s worse……fans who are ok with that stat, or those who jump in making fun of a spelling error that was almost certainly an auto-correct.
Last month I was ridiculed in a thread by some for bringing up the insane idea of criticizing the staff for not bringing in a transfer qb to compete for the starting job. I mean what was I thinking to dare question kf and bf for not addressing the biggest weakness on the roster, let alone most important position on the team, and just go with gamble that Petras will magically make leaps and bounds progress going into his 5th year….

There should be an * next to 4TDs. LaPorta’s TD catch vs Nebraska getting overturned by replay was criminal.

LaPorta caught the ball, went to the the ground and survived that, but had the ball ripped out a second later. It was ruled a TD on the field. That was a TD by every definition of a catch.

There should be an * next to 4TDs. LaPorta’s TD catch vs Nebraska getting overturned by replay was criminal.

LaPorta caught the ball, went to the the ground and survived that, but had the ball ripped out a second later. It was ruled a TD on the field. That was a TD by every definition of a catch.
That was an example of a dishonest call-couldn't argue for its accuracy. **** though, when the options are four or five I think the prize is just top maggot on the gut pile.

That was an example of a dishonest call-couldn't argue for its accuracy. **** though, when the options are four or five I think the prize is just top maggot on the gut pile.

Yeah, just a different shade of lipstick really. The thread reminded me of that play and it still angers me and I’m someone who loves the replay system. Although it’s getting harder and harder to defend each year.

Reactions: HAWKSRK
That Brad Banks video! My man.

If there was somehow a universe where every college team could have one player, at any position, who will never age and has infinite eligibility, Brad Banks being Iowa’s QB would be my first choice. Iowa’s had great players at every position through the years, they all come and go, but not sure I’ll ever love a player more than 2002 Brad Banks as Iowa’s QB. He’s a unicorn in the program’s history.

I would think coach and his kid would be embarrassed that the defense always outplays them/bales them out? Guess not…..

Well except for the fact that the “Coach“ put the system he wanted on paper & hired the previous coordinator who implemented it & then promoted the next coordinator and kept him…so besides that, yeah I’m sure they’re embarrassed.

Last edited:
Not one, even ONE person is okay with that stat.
Took you off ignore and saw this post. Here’s ONE for you: f5n5 from 3/22/22:

I want a quarterback that wins football games.. and thats what Spencer Petras does.
"stats are for losers"

Sounds to me like he is ok with it. In fact, he is probably the biggest Petras fan on this site. There are more, but not going to waste time on a p*ssing match.

Last edited:
Not one, even ONE person is okay with that stat.

Why aren't you OK with that? You are the one always telling everyone how foolish it is to complain about anything. The coaches are always right so obviously the offense is just what they intend week in and week out.

Reactions: 83Hawk
Why aren't you OK with that? You are the one always telling everyone how foolish it is to complain about anything. The coaches are always right so obviously the offense is just what they intend week in and week out.
I got nothing…. If that’s truly what you believe I’ve said then I have absolutely nothing for you…

I don’t know what’s worse……fans who are ok with that stat, or those who jump in making fun of a spelling error that was almost certainly an auto-correct.

Last month I was ridiculed in a thread by some for bringing up the insane idea of criticizing the staff for not bringing in a transfer qb to compete for the starting job. I mean what was I thinking to dare question kf and bf for not addressing the biggest weakness on the roster, let alone most important position on the team, and just go with gamble that Petras will magically make leaps and bounds progress going into his 5th year….
Posters who think there are some of us who are okay with what we got out of the offense last year are either not bing honest o re deliberately misrepresenting our posts. The offense the last half of the season was broken. Poor quarterback play, the inability of the o line to develop, get healthy, etc., inconsistent play from the receivers, etc.

all any of us have said is that when you blame Petras, or Kirk or Brian for the offensive woes, its simply fair to point out it wasn’t just one thing.

Watching that video - wow, does an athletic and mobile quarterback put a lot of stress on the defense. But that video also reminded me of just how good our offensive line was that year. Probably the best offensive line in Hawkeye history. Put that line together with receivers that can get separation and a mobile quarterback that can also throw the ball...just awesome.

Reactions: cidsports
Posters who think there are some of us who are okay with what we got out of the offense last year are either not bing honest o re deliberately misrepresenting our posts. The offense the last half of the season was broken. Poor quarterback play, the inability of the o line to develop, get healthy, etc., inconsistent play from the receivers, etc.

all any of us have said is that when you blame Petras, or Kirk or Brian for the offensive woes, its simply fair to point out it wasn’t just one thing.
Well, I did provide an example……and of course cmhawks didn’t acknowledge that he was wrong because, you know, he’s always right.

And reading the posts of those who *always* jump to Petras’s and Brian’s defense, I don’t think it is unrealistic to assume a few of them don’t care if he and/or the offense perform poorly. So yes, there are a few that were ok with the offense last season. The steak is more important than the sizzle to them. And that’s fine.

Last edited:

Some of these guys are so unaware and dumb they’re not even worth talking to.

They honestly can’t understand their presentation and their constant boorish negativity is the issue.

and that’s what they truly believe so no amount of redirecting can fix their “stupid“!

Reactions: F5n5 and Hwk-I-St8

Yes there were multiple reasons. QB and OL 2 of them. But least with OL you can point to some guys being young like richman and Colby who are only going to get better. 2 years of watching Petras and some think he’s magically going to make a giant leap in his production going into his 5th year? Sorry not buying it. as much as I wish it happens if there is improvements not holding my breath for anything drastically happening.

Also us fans who question going into next year of status quo at QB aren’t the only ones questioning not bringing in competition. Plenty of other outside media outlets have questioned KF’s decision on not looking for help to improve that position to compete for starting job and how weak the play from qbs was last year.

Reactions: nbanflfactory
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT