ADVERTISEMENT

Cassar update

I don’t think steveson will have the success that JB has had at the senior level but he certainly could...he was a woman’s downstairs hair away from being our world rep last year and he has 3 gold medals in freestyle much like our own Spencer Lee. I think it’s disingenuous to say Spencer Lee could have a JB type career and steveson can’t. I believe both could and could possibly have better careers. Steveson, however, does have a sour attitude and anytime he gets humbled I kind of enjoy it. So, carry on.
I could be wrong here, but in my opinion Hvy and 57kg are two different animals. 57kg are small and very close in weight. The winner is truly the best technical master. Although pure athleticism plays a major part, it is not the only factor.

Hvy favors the best athlete much more. Gwiz is great but even with a drastic change in tactics and technical abilities I would still have a hard time picking him to win at hvy ever.

Spencer has truly amazing skills. I could see him stepping in now and beating Takahashi or Uguev.

Steveson is super talented, but a Akgul and Geno type athlete he is not.

Maybe I am wrong and I am not claiming Lee will have JB like success, but I see where ppl could make that prediction for Lee and not GS

Like I said, "it is an honest question" Maybe he is better at freestyle then I believe? Maybe he does have Olympic hopes that I am unaware of? Maybe he believes he can improve by Wrestling Higher level guys??? etc......

You make it easy to see you don't have a set you cockroach!

Each situation is different sh*t-4-brains. 1) He has a history of injuries. 2) he has very little chance to make the team. 3) He did not take an Olympic shirt. 4) I believe as others pointed out, he is undersized. 5) He said he was looking toward a future in MMA.6) He is their teams starting HVY.

So for all these reasons, it does not make too much sense. Feel free to offer your reasons why you think it is a good idea?

In other news it has been confirmed that he is out for the season.
Up until he took the college wrestling world by storm last year, many people considered Cassar a better freestyle wrestler than folk. Also, he was a Junior freestyle national champ and a member of 2015 world team.

Oh and also Cael let his guy follow his dream to be an Olympian no matter the risks it put on his wrestling team and title hopes.

That Cael sure does love his boys!

Are you new to wrestling? Are you familiar with the concept of weight cutting?

First photo Cassar is cutting to 197 (from somewhere around at least 215 in the offseason).

Second photo he is not cutting any weight plus 10-15 extra pounds he gained on purpose.

People who weigh less tend to look smaller. Hopefully, that will clear things up for you.

Like I said, he was not a very big 197. Certainly not J-den Cox for example. The pictures though were to illustrate his quick transformation. seems he was in the 195-197 weight class for a pretty long time. Then he moved up just like that. OK

when did he say he gained 40 lbs.

Im wondering the same thing. Also, didn't Cassar weigh in around 228 pretty much the entire season last year?

For all of you "in the know" about the guy. It is odd that you would not recall him stating this? It was posted either here on this Wrestling sight or another with him standing outside somewhere looking much bigger then he had before moving up.

There were many questioning wether he could move up and be effective as I recall and most had Nevillis penciled in as the stater.

All this being said. Some have posted some QUALITY information such as, he was a jr. world freestyle champ or something. I do remember he had some freestyle background. I did not recall him ever being a world champ.

This would make more sense as to why he was wrestling in the tournament. Maybe he has/had plans of competing in the Olympics and was not just looking toward MMA? I do not go to your board or other teams boards! I get info here, and at various general Wrestling sites.

I did not see or hear of him wrestling any Freestyle since entering college. Could be just because of injuries? That is why I asked the question?

I'll end it here.

And yes, you not understanding why an NCAA champion who has made age level world teams and is 2-0 against the guy who is considered by many to be the favorite to make the Olympic team would go to the trials qualifier (not just some freestyle tournament, but the best way to qualify) in order to pursue the pinnacle of the sport doesn't make sense to me or anybody else on this board if I had to guess.

Cassar has made World teams?

Like I said, he was not a very big 197. Certainly not J-den Cox for example. The pictures though were to illustrate his quick transformation. seems he was in the 195-197 weight class for a pretty long time. Then he moved up just like that. OK

For all of you "in the know" about the guy. It is odd that you would not recall him stating this? It was posted either here on this Wrestling sight or another with him standing outside somewhere looking much bigger then he had before moving up.

There were many questioning wether he could move up and be effective as I recall and most had Nevillis penciled in as the stater.

All this being said. Some have posted some QUALITY information such as, he was a jr. world freestyle champ or something. I do remember he had some freestyle background. I did not recall him ever being a world champ.

This would make more sense as to why he was wrestling in the tournament. Maybe he has/had plans of competing in the Olympics and was not just looking toward MMA? I do not go to your board or other teams boards! I get info here, and at various general Wrestling sites.

I did not see or hear of him wrestling any Freestyle since entering college. Could be just because of injuries? That is why I asked the question?

I'll end it here.
If you actually think Cassar was walking around at 195, I have some beach front property in Kansas to sell you buddy.

If he stated that somewhere it should be pretty easy for you to look it up and post it, so go ahead.

As I read your post, I think it's pretty clear you haven't been following this very closely. First, I was one of the people who added that he made a junior world team (was not a champ). Second, he does have Olympic aspirations, as he's stated publicly for the last year. In fact the press release about his injury included the information that he was still going to attempt to make the Olympic team this year. 3rd, this (HR) is my board. I'm an Iowa fan. I just have a general understanding of who the wrestlers for Iowa's top competition are and what they're up to, like most Iowa fans on this board.

All of this could have been easily avoided if you just took a few minutes to read before you posted. And you certainly shouldn't get so upset and defensive when the people who have done that minimal amount of work provide you with the correct information you're "asking" for. If you're actually trying to get information, I'd suggest not including inflammatory and stupid theories about someone using PEDs, and then doubling down when people showed how stupid it was.

In all honesty with that mindset you could say why did Dennis wrestle the open a few years ago.

Exactly my point.
IIRC: the last Oly trials had TWO 9-seeds in the trials make the 6man squad [Cox & Molinaro]. Cox got a medal, Molinaro was 1 match short.

Like I said, "it is an honest question" Maybe he is better at freestyle then I believe? Maybe he does have Olympic hopes that I am unaware of? Maybe he believes he can improve by Wrestling Higher level guys??? etc......

You make it easy to see you don't have a set you cockroach!

Each situation is different sh*t-4-brains. 1) He has a history of injuries. 2) he has very little chance to make the team. 3) He did not take an Olympic shirt. 4) I believe as others pointed out, he is undersized. 5) He said he was looking toward a future in MMA.6) He is their teams starting HVY.

So for all these reasons, it does not make too much sense. Feel free to offer your reasons why you think it is a good idea?

In other news it has been confirmed that he is out for the season.

Reply as expected. Hate & rage with no substance.

If you actually think Cassar was walking around at 195, I have some beach front property in Kansas to sell you buddy.

If he stated that somewhere it should be pretty easy for you to look it up and post it, so go ahead.

As I read your post, I think it's pretty clear you haven't been following this very closely. First, I was one of the people who added that he made a junior world team (was not a champ). Second, he does have Olympic aspirations, as he's stated publicly for the last year. In fact the press release about his injury included the information that he was still going to attempt to make the Olympic team this year. 3rd, this (HR) is my board. I'm an Iowa fan. I just have a general understanding of who the wrestlers for Iowa's top competition are and what they're up to, like most Iowa fans on this board.

All of this could have been easily avoided if you just took a few minutes to read before you posted. And you certainly shouldn't get so upset and defensive when the people who have done that minimal amount of work provide you with the correct information you're "asking" for. If you're actually trying to get information, I'd suggest not including inflammatory and stupid theories about someone using PEDs, and then doubling down when people showed how stupid it was.

LOL, like I said. I follow IOWA and American World and Olympic team members. I do not follow many wrestlers outside of that with the exception of some from my area, and who I may have met.

IF there was a way to prove that he and several others had or had not taken PEDs and you had a lot of money for me to win. I certainly would take the bet and like my odds!!!

I have been involved with weight training for over 40 years. I know what can be done both with drugs and without. I also know the look that those who use PEDs get. When in the gym, I can tell with just about 100% accuracy who is and is not on the shit!

Obviously seeing the people on a common basis and watching their workouts is a big factor. I was one of the small minority that pointed out the vast drug use in MLB almost 30 years ago. It was very obvious to me that guys like Bonds, McGuire, sosa etc... where all using it.All I had to see was pictures and their schedule which does not allow them much time to train due to the demands of the job and games, practice etc....

I also pointed to many Olympic athletes, especially Olympic Weight lifters who it was very obvious. One only needs to look at a time line, lifters progress, and history! When you have lifter X weighing a buck 50 and shooting up to say 250 in a year and a half. Well something seems a little odd.

As I have pointed out also due to the fact that so many want to put them up high on a pedestal. The Russian wrestlers were also taking PEDs. This is now proven correct. What many don't know is how dominate America was in both sports before the use of drugs!

I am also not too sure you are a IOWA fan? Maybe stick to selling used cars and shady real-estate:D

LOL, like I said. I follow IOWA and American World and Olympic team members. I do not follow many wrestlers outside of that with the exception of some from my area, and who I may have met.

IF there was a way to prove that he and several others had or had not taken PEDs and you had a lot of money for me to win. I certainly would take the bet and like my odds!!!

I have been involved with weight training for over 40 years. I know what can be done both with drugs and without. I also know the look that those who use PEDs get. When in the gym, I can tell with just about 100% accuracy who is and is not on the shit!

Obviously seeing the people on a common basis and watching their workouts is a big factor. I was one of the small minority that pointed out the vast drug use in MLB almost 30 years ago. It was very obvious to me that guys like Bonds, McGuire, sosa etc... where all using it.All I had to see was pictures and their schedule which does not allow them much time to train due to the demands of the job and games, practice etc....

I also pointed to many Olympic athletes, especially Olympic Weight lifters who it was very obvious. One only needs to look at a time line, lifters progress, and history! When you have lifter X weighing a buck 50 and shooting up to say 250 in a year and a half. Well something seems a little odd.

As I have pointed out also due to the fact that so many want to put them up high on a pedestal. The Russian wrestlers were also taking PEDs. This is now proven correct. What many don't know is how dominate America was in both sports before the use of drugs!

I am also not too sure you are a IOWA fan? Maybe stick to selling used cars and shady real-estate:D
Do you have personal experience with PEDs? You do seem to be a bit of a hot head.

when did he say he gained 40 lbs.
Ironturd doesn't let the truth get in the way of a good story. He won't post a link because there is no interview where he said that. He just likes to slander wrestlers from PSU.

1. No he didn't. Unless you think he was walking around at 190 (7 pounds under weight at 197) 2 years ago, no he did not gain 40 pounds.
2. Yes he was. There's a reason why people speculated about him moving to heavyweight. He had a huge frame. Even if he wasn't, an average 197 walks around at 215 at least in the off season, so we're still talking about less than 10 lbs of muscle gain, which is completely feasible. In fact, there were PSU fans last year that were disappointed that he wasn't bigger when the season started.
3. Correct, and it doesn't help your argument when your claim is that it's weird that a wrestler would be able to gain that kind of weight when you believe a much smaller guy was able to do so. This will apparently shock you, but elite athletes don't typically stick to competition that they know they can win easily, but will often attempt to reach new levels of success.

But of course you and Cassar —using your weight range—always look more cut/ripped when you add approximately 30 lbs of weight to your frame vs when you’ve sucked down 20 lbs plus where you look a bit flabby...however many have had the opposite results. Not saying it isn’t possible just not typical results, especially for already elite athletes.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
But of course you and Cassar —using your weight range—always look more cut/ripped when you add approximately 30 lbs of weight to your frame vs when you’ve sucked down 20 lbs plus where you look a bit flabby...however many have had the opposite results. Not saying it isn’t possible just not typical results, especially for already elite athletes.
In no possible way could you describe 197 Cassar as "flabby." He was probably the most cut guy at 197. He used to get joked about on the BWI board for never taking a picture with a shirt on (similar to Suriano). In no way, shape, or form could you describe him as looking leaner at heavyweight either. That's just insane. He looks exactly how you would have expected him to look with that weight gain. More mass, but less cut.

Reactions: cidhawkeye
He mauls Kutler like the last time they met and no excuses. Kem is as healthy as he’s ever been since arriving in IC. Now please go away.
I'm picking Kemerer too, but are you really going to cite a 2014 Fargo result as what makes you most confident? Especially since Kutler was a late bloomer. Are you picking Isaiah White to win 165 this year because he teched Joseph in that same bracket?

Reactions: Jrjt0518
. . . I have been involved with weight training for over 40 years. I know what can be done both with drugs and without. I also know the look that those who use PEDs get . . . I was one of the small minority that pointed out the vast drug use in MLB almost 30 years ago. It was very obvious to me that guys like Bonds, McGuire, sosa etc... where all using it . . .

OK, Jose. Too bad you didn't write a book about it.

Reactions: hlstone
I'm picking Kemerer too, but are you really going to cite a 2014 Fargo result as what makes you most confident? Especially since Kutler was a late bloomer. Are you picking Isaiah White to win 165 this year because he teched Joseph in that same bracket?

No.

Makes sense but as of this year kem has looked the best I’ve ever seen him. And I’ve been watching him since middle school.

Reactions: Gobblin
Makes sense but as of this year kem has looked the best I’ve ever seen him. And I’ve been watching him since middle school.
Oh I agree Kem looks better. It's the reasoning that doesn't make sense.

Good lord.
Nevill and Brooks are untested in Big 10 and NCAA level. They are talented but not proven. To think they will follow suite with Bo or Taylor is just koolaide. If it was the hawks in the exact same situation, all would be saying the same against them.

projecting either as top 4 before they hit a few Big 10 matches is stupid. Even for a diehard.

cassar and Conel being out hurts penn state. Denying that is intellectual stubbornness.

Who you beat last year has zero effect on this season seeding and seeding is everything.

Just admit your in a tough spot and let t unfold them stick your flag in the ground. Children.

Ok so when else have they wrestled that you're referring to?
I could be wrong but I think kem beat him in high school too besides the that freestyle match that kem smoked him. Might have been a dual or maybe Ironman.

I'm OK with the last part in case anyone was wondering........

Wasn't really wondering.............but OK by me I guess...........

images

Im ok with it. The have the worst fan base in the world. Their fans tend to make others feel that way. The didn’t even have a rivals page until cael got there. Then they get generational wrestlers who are really good. Can’t take that away from them but they take it to a new level. Kinda like bo nickal did in his interview. All ok now tho. Hawks are climbing and getting back to where they belong!!!

Your OK with what?

There certainly is a story and if you are so inclined go find it yourself!

Once again, Many of you don't like the truth. I have called out/pointed out several things about F*** st that have been PROVEN CORRECT! The biggest one was Teasdale and it became the biggest thread on here which many didn't like.

NO PROBLEM, I call it exactly as I see it and in the end, when the smoke clears. I am usually correct!

Well, then, why do you pretend to know so much about them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT