ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Weekend Games Thread

Washington has such great skill players. They played physical tonight as well. Good for them.

Good news? UW has 26 5th and 6th year guys which does not include transfers.
They will be a different team when they come to Kinnick in October..

When it comes to the PAC 12?

aa67f6f998e6fd3597793f8b3b7b59f7.gif

Fantastic game. Sometimes it’s a fine line between bad defense and good offense but it’s entertaining. I was surprised at the onside kick though. Put them at the 25. Take your chance there as you only need a fg to go to OT. Fun start to the weekend!

Reactions: littlez
Not sure what my friend @Hawktagonapus thinks is so funny about Penix and Nix being top 3QBs this year. Penix will probably win the Heisman after tonight. I’ll wait for his laughing emoji.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Couldn't hack it in the big 10 vs couldn't hack it in the SEC
You don’t really believe that. Maybe you do. He’s gone from a bottom 3 team in the league, a team that fires coaches every 3-4 years, to a legitimate program. Talent everywhere. And not just on 1 side of the ball. They would be favored over us by 16-20 points on a neutral field. You’re ridiculous.

Washington could name their score against Iowa this year.

The weakness of Phil (and Norm) defense is an accurate QB. Iowa leaves a lot of guys open with the assumption that most college QBs suck

It also comes off as jealousy when Iowa fans constantly rip other games for “no defense” because we’re so used to seeing zero offense.

So I still don't get it. Washington was undefeated and already beat the Ducks. How did they come in as 2 score dogs?
They’ve played pretty mediocre since that win. Lots of one possession wins vs teams they should’ve beat handily. Turned it on when they needed to though.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Yeah, that’s it. Keep believing that. He’s a top 3 QB in the draft this year. Big Ten doesn’t have 1 pro QB this year. We just saw 2 out there tonight.
What I saw was two terrible defenses. JFC Oregon scored in two plays and about 15 seconds. Horrible coverage, tackling, gap discipline etc…

An oregon win could have left a playoff spot open. Now it's clear that one of the four is locked up. Three to go.

*These defenses are unbelievable.

And not in a good way.
And how many points did Ohio St and Michigan give up in their playoff games last season? Let’s not pretend that Big Ten teams actually have great defenses, when the real reason they look good most of the year is because Big Ten offenses are trash (not including Ohio St and Michigan).

Wow, these PAC 12 DBs suck ass at tackling.
Just like the Big 12 Dbacks have sucked badddddd at tackling for about 15 years. I would be embarrased to just try to hand tackle, not even arm tackle, but hand tackle and still be a starter. If you do not want to stick your shoulder into them and wrap them up then maybe try a low body block type tackle

And how many points did Ohio St and Michigan give up in their playoff games last season? Let’s not pretend that Big Ten teams actually have great defenses, when the real reason they look good most of the year is because Big Ten offenses are trash (not including Ohio St and Michigan).
Michigan gave up 45 to a big 12 team. What most on here don’t seem to grasp is when you get to the top teams you have to be good on both sides of the ball. If Michigan is 2 and Washington is 3 Michigan is going to need to score a minimum 28 points to beat them. If you punt 10-12 times against GA, Washington, Oregon, Michigan Ohio St you just have no chance. No matter how good your defense is.

Michigan gave up 45 to a big 12 team. What most on here don’t seem to grasp is when you get to the top teams you have to be good on both sides of the ball. If Michigan is 2 and Washington is 3 Michigan is going to need to score a minimum 28 points to beat them. If you punt 10-12 times against GA, Washington, Oregon, Michigan Ohio St you just have no chance. No matter how good your defense is.
Very well stated. Thank you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT