ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Beathard time in Jacksonville as Trevor Lawrence goes down w/ an Injury

Browning looks better than Burrow. Who knew a backup might be good? Certainly not Kirk.
33-37 354 1-0 2-22
Crazy stats.

Let’s not get carried away. While he was quite impressive, burrow is a star in the making. However, will be interesting to see what browning does with his opportunity. He is taking over a team designed to win now. Kind of like besthard with the jags as Trevor will be out for a bit. We are seeing the importance of a quality back up qb this year in the nfl.

I'll get pooped on, but I'd take Burrow with my first pick if I'm starting a team. Dude can make every throw and is VERY smart.
And yes, that's before State MahFarms.

Reactions: garberhawkeye
Let’s not get carried away. While he was quite impressive, burrow is a star in the making. However, will be interesting to see what browning does with his opportunity. He is taking over a team designed to win now. Kind of like besthard with the jags as Trevor will be out for a bit. We are seeing the importance of a quality back up qb this year in the nfl.
Browning is comparable to Purdy. Gets opportunity due to an injury. Just think if the Rams didn't lose their starter for the season. Kurt Warner may have gone back to bagging at HyVee.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I didn’t see the game, did CJ look good?
CJ went 9 for 10 for 63 yards and had a would-be game winning 43 yard pass that would have gotten the jags inside the Bengals 5 yard line called back because of an iffy holding call on rookie RT. CJ showed some of the mobility he displayed when healthy at Iowa, and also appears to have an injured left wrist. CJ and the rest of the Jaguars offense got little help from the Jags defense last night outside of Josh Allen.

Even though I've dreamed of a Hawkeye QB for the Jags, last night was the biggest kick in the nuts I've had as a Jags fan in a while. CJ played well for a backup in a need to score situation. I do believe he can do a good job until Lawrence is back.

This. Some of these takes on Browning are wild lol.

CJ Beathard Vs Joe Flacco next week.

Must see TV…
youre-right-damn-right.gif

I didn’t see the game, did CJ look good?

Lawrence went down with 5:30 left in the 4th qtr with the score tied at 28.

The Bengals took the lead at 31-28. CJ then led the Jags to a FG, tying the game at 31 with 26 seconds to go in regulation.

I think he looked ok.

CJ's Final Stats:

9-10 Passing (90%)
63 Passing Yards
6.3 Yards/Pass Attempt
0 TDs
0 INTs

CJ had 1 rush for 7 yards.

CJ was also sacked 2 times.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
Lawrence went down with 5:30 left in the 4th qtr with the score tied at 28.

The Bengals took the lead at 31-28. CJ then led the Jags to a FG, tying the game at 31 with 26 seconds to go in regulation.

I think he looked ok.

CJ's Final Stats:

9-10 Passing (90%)
63 Passing Yards
6.3 Yards/Pass Attempt
0 TDs
0 INTs

CJ had 1 rush for 7 yards.

CJ was also sacked 2 times.
Brandon Scherff is a starting right guard for Jacksonville.

Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence suffered a right high ankle sprain against the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night but escaped further damage, coach Doug Pederson said Tuesday.

Pederson said the Jaguars would evaluate Lawrence later in the week, and he wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of Lawrence playing Sunday.

CJ Beathard, 2-10 as a starter in his career, would start at Cleveland on Sunday if Lawrence doesn't play. Head Coach Doug Pederson said the team has not yet had discussions about bringing any other quarterbacks in for workouts this week.

Lawrence has started all 46 possible games since being drafted No. 1 in 2021.

The story from ESPN:

I now love C.J. I had a Draft King bet tonight> $10 on Chase to get 125 yards rec. and one touchdown.
The Jags needed to tie the game for Chase to get one for pass. He was sitting on 124 yards. Got the other yards in overtime so I won $150. First time I ever won big like that...Thanks for C.J. getting them in position for that tying field goal....
Hmmm using CJ as a pawn In your quest for wealth and prosperity LOL

Would have been a good opportunity for Beathard to cement his position. If it doesn't go well for Lawrence's injury, it might say something about the confidence the Jags have with CJB---but I'm sure everyone would prefer to see the starter in the lineup regardless.

Reactions: Moral
If CJ can hold on to a roster spot as a back up for three more years he'll hit the 10 year mark. That's probably about as much as he can expect from his playing career.

Trevor Lawrence injured his shoulder in the 3rd qtr in today's Jacksonville 30-12 loss at Tampa Bay. CJ played the entire 4th qtr.

His Stats:
11-15 (73%)
94 Yards
1 Touchdown
0 Interceptions

He also had 1 rush for 6 yards

Reactions: pink shizzle
I'll get pooped on, but I'd take Burrow with my first pick if I'm starting a team. Dude can make every throw and is VERY smart.
And yes, that's before State MahFarms.
WEll, I'll give you this, Pat sure hasn't looked great this year, BUT I think a lot of that is the supporting cast, and even Kelce seems to be showing his age, games played, or current distraction, take your pick. Whatever their not hitting on all cylinders right now. It will be interesting as this year will be the FIRST time that Pat will have to play a road playoff game in his entire career, all of them in the playoffs. Think about that for a moment....

If CJ can hold on to a roster spot as a back up for three more years he'll hit the 10 year mark. That's probably about as much as he can expect from his playing career.
And what does that do pension-wise although he has already made a bucketful of money but nice to get more for your fave charity.

Reactions: Gutt15
WEll, I'll give you this, Pat sure hasn't looked great this year, BUT I think a lot of that is the supporting cast, and even Kelce seems to be showing his age, games played, or current distraction, take your pick. Whatever their not hitting on all cylinders right now. It will be interesting as this year will be the FIRST time that Pat will have to play a road playoff game in his entire career, all of them in the playoffs. Think about that for a moment....

IMO, if you took a confidential poll of all 32 NFL General Managers, Patrick Mahomes would be the overwhelming answer to this question: "If you could have any quarterback out there, which one would you take?"

I still think QBs make too much of teams' salary caps. It's great for them but just think if the Chiefs had been able to keep Tyreek Hill. Miami is 11-4 and Tyreek is averaging 7 catches per game.

In 15 games, here are Tyreek's stats:

146 Targets
106 catches
1,641 yards
12 Touchdowns

What if there were a salary cap by position group? That way, as an example, offensive linemen (the people who protect Mahomes and allow time for Hill to make plays) could get paid more. Just a thought....

Reactions: kceasthawk
IMO, if you took a confidential poll of all 32 NFL General Managers, Patrick Mahomes would be the overwhelming answer to this question: "If you could have any quarterback out there, which one would you take?"

I still think QBs make too much of teams' salary caps. It's great for them but just think if the Chiefs had been able to keep Tyreek Hill. Miami is 11-4 and Tyreek is averaging 7 catches per game.

146 Targets
106 catches
1,641 yards
12 Touchdowns

What if there were a salary cap by position group? That way, as an example, offensive linemen (the people who protect Mahomes and allow time for Hill to make plays) could get paid more. Just a thought....
GMs and owners make their own bed, let them sleep in it.

146 Targets
106 catches
1,641 yards
12 Touchdowns

The Chiefs literally won the Super Bowl the year after he left.

Most GMs know it’s damn near impossible to win a Super Bowl without a franchise QB. That’s why they demand so much money. Every other position is replaceable in the middle/end of a season.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I know Jacksonville is still jockying for playoff home games, and all of us are homers for CJ, but why play Lawerence when he is banged up and you have a quality back up. Get your #1 healthy for the playoffs.

I know Jacksonville is still jockying for playoff home games, and all of us are homers for CJ, but why play Lawerence when he is banged up and you have a quality back up. Get your #1 healthy for the playoffs.

Lawrence has never missed a start and I think he will try to play to keep the streak going. But, I agree with you. Why not rest him when your next opponent is lowly 2-13 Carolina?

Jacksonville currently has the #4 seed in the AFC playoffs. They are 8-7 and have the AFC South tie breaker over the current #7 seed 8-7 Colts. And if the Jags beat Carolina with CJ starting, they might be locked in at the #4 seed so they then could rest Lawrence for their season finale. It will be interesting to see what they do.

Jacksonville's Last 2 games:
vs Carolina (2-13)
at Tennessee (5-10)

The Colts' Last 2 games:
vs Las Vegas (7-8)
vs Houston (8-7), currently #8 in the AFC playoff hunt

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT