ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Signs w/ Kentucky. Iowa Claiming Tampering? Level II Violation when 3rd Party Contacts a School When Athlete Discussed Enrolled at Another School

If this has all been going on behind the scenes....then don't let the door hit you on the way out. Fran was the only P5 coach to give you a chance.
Let the door hit him in the ass. Maybe break a tail bone and won’t be able to play. If there is tampering, sounds like a fair solution.

Reactions: Hawkeye_Pride06
Who were the two if you are willing to answer?

Last night, at 6:30 pm, I stated that Chad Leistikow had just said on the HawkCentral radio show that CJ told everyone (Fran & teammates) he was coming back and then blindsided them with the news he wanted out.

A poster on here (Legend12), who pretends to be a program insider, disputed that by saying at least 2 of them knew he was seriously considering leaving.

Well, here is that HawkCentral podcast. The link to the entire thing is at the end of this post.

After you read this and hear for yourself, if I were you, I would go with what Chad Leistikow (a Hawkeye beat writer) stated on air last night. I think we can trust Chad a lot more than an anonymous pretender (Legend).

Go to the very middle, bottom of the web page for the timer. At the 13:20 mark Chad said the following: (1) Iowa hasn't even issued an official press release; instead they issued a 1 sentence statement on social media after his name went into the portal. (2) based on his sources, Chad said the team felt confident that CJ would be returning. The rumors were addressed within the team and by CJ. Chad stated that he does believe the decision CJ made on Sunday April 18 where he told Coach McCaffery and his teammates that he was leaving (and entering the transfer portal) did catch them ALL off guard.

Mark Emmert said he started hearing the rumors of CJ to Kentucky from more than 1 source as soon as the season ended (on March 22 Iowa lost to Oregon).

Mark reveals in this podcast that he is also Facebook friends with Joe Fredrick so Mark saw the same Joe Fredrick Facebook posts that have been posted in this thread. Mark concluded last month, based on the Joe Fredrick Facebook posts, that it was highly probable CJ was moving on.

Chad said CJ's exit has been very tense, where it's a relationship that ended really badly and really suddenly. Mark then wondered what was left of the relationship between Fran and Joe. Mark said CJ was going to Iowa games as a child; Joe would take him.

The entire podcast:

Last edited:
Last night, at 6:30 pm, I stated that Chad Leistikow had just said on the HawkCentral radio show that CJ told everyone (Fran & teammates) he was coming back and then blindsided them with the news he wanted out.

A poster on here (Legend12), who pretends to be a program insider, disputed that by saying at least 2 of them knew he was seriously considering leaving.

Well, here is that HawkCentral podcast. The link to the entire thing is at the end of this post.

After you read this and hear for yourself, if I were you, I would go with what Chad Leistikow (a Hawkeye beat writer) stated on air last night. I think we can trust Chad a lot more than an anonymous pretender (Legend).

At the 13:20 minute mark Chad said the following: (1) Iowa hasn't even issued an official press release; instead they issued a 1 sentence statement on social media after his name went into the portal. (2) based on his sources, Chad said the team felt confident that CJ would be returning. The rumors were addressed within the team and by CJ. Chad stated that he does believe the decision CJ made on Sunday to tell Coach McCaffery and his teammates did catch them ALL off guard.

Mark Emmert said he started hearing the rumors of CJ to Kentucky from more than 1 source as soon as the season ended (on March 22 Iowa lost to Oregon).

Mark is also Facebook friends with Joe Fredrick so Mark saw the same Facebook posts that have been posted in this thread. Mark concluded last month, based on the Joe Fredrick Facebook posts, that it was highly probable CJ was moving on.

Chad said CJ's exit has been very tense, where it's a relationship that ended really badly and really suddenly. Mark then wondered what was left of the relationship between Fran and Joe. Mark said CJ was going to Iowa games as a child; Joe would take him.

The entire podcast:

You sir, are thorough.

It appears that she knew where she wanted to go. You are saying that Iowa recruited her and THAT is false. She recruited Iowa.

This is the opposite of what happened with CJ. He had been at Iowa 3 years already. He had never expressed an interest in leaving, in fact he offered to walk on at Iowa. And the yalk of tampering started almost 2 months before he even talked to his coach about leaving.

How do you know if CJ didn't recruit Kentucky and he was the one initiating everything?

How do you know if CJ didn't recruit Kentucky and he was the one initiating everything?
Were there reports from anyone close to the Iowa program of Kylie transferring to Iowa before she entered the portal, let alone more than a month before she entered the portal like there was with CJ? Kylie played AAU ball with Caitlin. It would not surprise me if the two of them talked prior to Kylie entering the portal, but I have no idea if they did.

It is possible that CJ or someone from his family initiated the contact with Kentucky, but that is still a violation on Kentucky’s part if it occurred and they responded. Now that CJ has entered the portal, he is reporting that he has been contacted by numerous schools, which is how the process is set up to work.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I suppose anything is possible. But considering that CJ was listed by a KY site as a potential recruit in early March before the end of the season and while he was a starter, it seems unlikely. I doubt he would have contacted a school behind his team's back. But I may be wrong.

They can't reply back, violation. You need written permission from your current Coach. Can't go behind his back. Google it.

The point is, he probably had a coach or somebody initiate the contact. Google it, that's how all of these things go down.

A LOT of assumptions are being made in this thread.

1. Kentucky initiated the contact and tampered with him.
2. CJ was completely happy at Iowa and felt no desire to transfer until that contact happened.
3. His uncle is driving everything including the contact with Kentucky.

We literally have no idea if any of these things are the case. Here's what we do know.

1. Fran was blindsided by this. Bad look for CJ.
2. The Kentucky stuff has been in the works for a long time. We don't know when, where, how the contact was initiated or who was involved.

Okay, so what? Like it or not, it's on the coaches to create an environment that people want to play in and to be aware of where they are in their level of happiness with the program. We can complain all we want about loyalty and whatever, but the way things are today players have options.
People bitch about Fran playing 10 guys. OK, he plays only 8 so now instead of 5 guys "not happy" you have 7. And the coach is supposed to do what? If a kid, and I stress kid, comes in thinking he should be playing over older guys and has never learned to wait his turn, you think a coach is going undo what 18 years of parenting didn't accomplish? How can a coach make someone who starts and unhurt plays 30 minutes a game, more happy?

The point is, he probably had a coach or somebody initiate the contact. Google it, that's how all of these things go down.

2. CJ was completely happy at Iowa and felt no desire to transfer until that contact happened.

We literally have no idea if any of these things are the case. Here's what we do know.

2. The Kentucky stuff has been in the works for a long time. We don't know when, where, how the contact was initiated or who was involved.
"he probably had a coach or somebody initiate the contact...."

What part of the NCAA directive of "talk to your coach first" don't you understand?

A Kentucky BB sports story published March 1st has a profile of CJ being a solution to their shooting problems. Why? He's not available, not in the portal. The writer got some tip prior, February, to put him in the article.

"he probably had a coach or somebody initiate the contact...."

What part of the NCAA directive of "talk to your coach first" don't you understand?

A Kentucky BB sports story published March 1st has a profile of CJ being a solution to their shooting problems. Why? He's not available, not in the portal. The writer got some tip prior, February, to put him in the article.

The only people that it's against the rules for tampering to contact the new school are the player or his family. It's done through AAU coaches and the like and that isn't against the rules. I don't know what you don't understand about this.

Were there reports from anyone close to the Iowa program of Kylie transferring to Iowa before she entered the portal, let alone more than a month before she entered the portal like there was with CJ? Kylie played AAU ball with Caitlin. It would not surprise me if the two of them talked prior to Kylie entering the portal, but I have no idea if they did.

It is possible that CJ or someone from his family initiated the contact with Kentucky, but that is still a violation on Kentucky’s part if it occurred and they responded. Now that CJ has entered the portal, he is reporting that he has been contacted by numerous schools, which is how the process is set up to work.

i am guessing CJ is pretty happy about hearing from other schools other than Kentucky; now Uncle Joe and he can say that they had options and lie even more

wrong.

I don't know of anyone in this thread who said Kentucky for sure initiated the contact but it does appear they listened. we don't know if it was an AAU coach, Uncle Joe, etc. who initiated the contact, but it sure as hell better not have been Kentucky.

but what we do know? Look at the orig post. The Kentucky media knew about the tampering as early as February. they were literally bragging about it.

Let it go,.. If CJ was this much on the fence we're better off without him.
I agree with this. With the rumors of Kentucky involvement since February, and with Uncle Joe posting on Facebook that he had talked to coaches about his "concerns," and as fast as his former teammates gave him the cold shoulder this week, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that chemistry between CJ and the rest of the team had been deteriorating for some time. (Mind you, this is just rank amateur speculation.) But if so, it's better to let that kind of thing go away than to have it stay and become toxic.

Well, if you are perceived as getting in petty fights with kids and their family for transferring it will.
Yeah, better to be a frigging doormat and let "bluebloods" stomp all over us. Totally right thing to do.

BTW, how old were you when the docs accidentally dropped you on your head?

Dude, this is NOT something any school should "let go". The more schools "let it go", the more the cheaters will be emboldened.

We can also back up a couple monthes and when he was healthy being a great perimeter defender. His 3pt% is also elite, granted he is unselfish (on the court) to a fault.
“Great perimeter defender” I think the word great gets thrown around to much. Solid or good would be more accurate in my view. While injured? Less than that.

Were you the ISU 2-12 were better poster? May need a salt truck
Yeah I was admittedly wrong. Still does not change the fact CJ was the best shooter in College Basketball and he is getting alot of interest for it lol.

Yeah I was admittedly wrong. Still does not change the fact CJ was the best shooter in College Basketball and he is getting alot of interest for it lol.
I don't think that you can say that CJ was the best shooter in College Basketball. He doesn't even break into one of the top 500 scorers in the NCAA last year with an 8.0 scoring average. Yes he hit 50% of his 3 point shots but he only averaged taking three 3pt shots a game. Compare that to Joe W who averaged five 3pt shots a game at 48.9% and averaged 15 points a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT