ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Signs w/ Kentucky. Iowa Claiming Tampering? Level II Violation when 3rd Party Contacts a School When Athlete Discussed Enrolled at Another School

News to me, spill it.

Hint: The booster that provided the impermissible benefit is a poster on this site and has joked about the situation after it was resolved. He said he didn't know it was an NCAA violation and there were no sanctions, but I believe he had to go through an NCAA course on what is allowed and what isn't (but I can't remember for sure if that was part of his "punishment").

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Hint: The booster that provided the impermissible benefit is a poster on this site and has joked about the situation after it was resolved. He said he didn't know it was an NCAA violation and there were no sanctions, but I believe he had to go through an NCAA course on what is allowed and what isn't (but I can't remember for sure if that was part of his "punishment").

That can only be one person. Effing Todd.

Connor held the team back all season. I said all year we had no shot at sweet 16 if Cmac gets minutes. He wouldn't play for any other team in the conference. Him playing affected our NCAA seed and the team morale. You could tell CJ quit on the team. CJ is obviously a piece of shit, but it doesn't change the fact that Connor stole minutes from our 6-9 guys. He isn't a power 5 level basketball or baseball player. Unfortunately he is like Licklighter and is going to sink the team for 7-8 years because not only does he suck the current team down he also scares away recruits. Don't think for a second that coaches aren't negatively recruiting against us that they have no shot at playing ahead of Connor. I'm not a Franny hater just saying it like it is. Not one Big Ten team would have Connor getting minutes.

That's strange you blame Connor unless he was the one making the decisions.
You think I blamed CMac?

🤣

Not sure if you read the article linked in the orig post but Syracuse was not happy with what transpired w/ one of its players & went after Seton Hall.

Is Fran/Iowa pissed enough to do the same? The tweet seems too passive aggressive.

Going after Seton Hall and going after Kentucky are very different things.

Reactions: BBHawk
I don't know if traitor is the right word exactly, but seriously? You do get the thought process I hope. There was smoke about this happening, and even open discussion on social media with his uncle throwing this out there WEEKS before the tourney. Then he tells Fran everything is COOL just days before he enters the portal. Given Frans ties to his family you don't think this was a shitty deal by him, and his family, not to mention that its blatantly obvious that Kentucky was in contact with someone on his behalf during last season, which is supposed to be off limits. You get all that correct? Now if he had come to Fran and say you know what, I just want to move on and start fresh, like Nunge did that is fine, no problem. BUT, what he did is BS, and you can put whatever name on it you want.......

yep, we have been discussing all of what you point out since April 19

I am surprised people thought we needed 2 more threads to rehash all of this

Did you see the Twitter screenshots in this thread where it was clear Joe was upset about things and let Fran know about it?

I've read tons of Twitter screenshots on here. I was alluding to the poster who claimed he talked to a player's family member at the BTT who said/hinted at there being animosity over Connor's minutes. Assuming that poster was referring to CJ, which he has since stated he was, I didn't interpret that to mean CJ was upset about his minutes but how nepotism was affecting the overall team.

I get there are lots of things that go on or get said behind the scenes, so I was just curious.

I've read tons of Twitter screenshots on here. I was alluding to the poster who claimed he talked to a player's family member at the BTT who said/hinted at there being animosity over Connor's minutes. Assuming that poster was referring to CJ, which he has since stated he was, I didn't interpret that to mean CJ was upset about his minutes but how nepotism was affecting the overall team.

I get there are lots of things that go on or get said behind the scenes, so I was just curious.

It sounds like Joe had several concerns that he voiced to Fran.

Can you imagine how awkward that would be if Joe told Fran that Connor needed to play fewer minutes?

I still find it very odd how Fran went from somebody Joe trusted as his coach at Notre Dame and then as CJ's coach to where we are today.

I hope Joe tells Calipari who to play and how many minutes each player should get. That should go over really well. Maybe getting rid of Joe and CJ is a blessing in disguise

Reactions: mooresville hawk
It sounds like Joe had several concerns that he voiced to Fran.

Can you imagine how awkward that would be if Joe told Fran that Connor needed to play fewer minutes?

I still find it very odd how Fran went from somebody Joe trusted as his coach at Notre Dame and then as CJ's coach to where we are today.

I hope Joe tells Calipari who to play and how many minutes each player should get. That should go over really well. Maybe getting rid of Joe and CJ is a blessing in disguise

Maybe. I thought CJ was a decent player when healthy. It's an awkward situation, that's for sure. I've made it clear on here what my opinion is of Connor's minutes, but an anonymous message board is a lot different medium.

I'm just glad it's CJ transferring and not the Murray twins. That would have been embarrassing.

Maybe. I thought CJ was a decent player when healthy. It's an awkward situation, that's for sure. I've made it clear on here what my opinion is of Connor's minutes, but an anonymous message board is a lot different medium.

I'm just glad it's CJ transferring and not the Murray twins. That would have been embarrassing.
It will be interesting to see how CJ does over the next two years. I wonder if he will ever stay healthy.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
It will be interesting to see how CJ does over the next two years. I wonder if he will ever stay healthy.
Even if he’s 100%, Cal has been recruiting over him since last Feb. I will be genuinely surprised if he sees the floor much at all.

How many top 75 type talents have found themselves stuck on the bench and washed out of there? Lots. Guys who might have been major players or even stars in less glamorous P5 programs...

So funny how everyone wants to believe it’s going to be different for them. Just human nature I guess. You have to follow your dream. I just continue to be amazed by the allure that program has. It’s untarnishable.

I’m thinking NIL might change this dynamic a little. Who’s going to sell more jerseys? A star at Iowa or a bench sitter at UK?

I don’t know...

Last edited:
Dick Vitale's comment: "Spoke with several coaches that r saying that widespread tampering is going on in recruiting players from the transfer portal. They claim players r informed that School X will offer if u get in portal. That is pathetic & violates y the rule was put into play ."

So does this mean that Dickie won't kiss Calipari's ass every chance he gets?

Reactions: Fox2monk and bdg8
Even if he’s 100%, Cal has been recruiting over him since last Feb. I will be genuinely surprised if he sees the floor much at all.

How many top 75 type talents have found themselves stuck on the bench and washed out of there? Lots. Guys who might have been major players or even stars in less glamorous P5 programs...

So funny how everyone wants to believe it’s going to be different for them. Just human nature I guess. You have to follow your dream. I just continue to be amazed by the allure that program has. It’s untarnishable.

I’m thinking NIL might change this dynamic a little. Who’s going to sell more jerseys? A star at Iowa or a bench sitter at UK?

I don’t know...

Do you think Cal will put up with Uncle Joe's bull shit?

Dick Vitale's comment: "Spoke with several coaches that r saying that widespread tampering is going on in recruiting players from the transfer portal. They claim players r informed that School X will offer if u get in portal. That is pathetic & violates y the rule was put into play ."

So does this mean that Dickie won't kiss Calipari's ass every chance he gets?

we can only hope

OK, I'll bite. Tell me more about the morality of Covington Catholic.

His teammate raped a girl and is in prison

Catholicism = bad. Duh

SOMETHING SOMETHING THAT ONE KID WHO WORE A HAT
That and they were caught on video sexually harassing young women in DC. Not surprising when their moron parents let teen boys go to a march about telling grown women and their doctors what they can/can't do with their bodies. Not surprising then that the next step is saying they don't have a right to not have their bodies groped or raped. And its not like Cov Cath hasn't proven that.

I don’t know...
How many did Luka Garza sell?

Best of luck to CJ. Not having both sides to the story, I hope he finds the success he’s looking for. Once a Hawkeye...

If you have been following this thread since April 19, you would know that there was tampering involved. As you can see in the orig post, the Kentucky media was practically bragging about the fact that CJ was on his way to Kentucky.

And it is also 100% clear that CJ flat out lied to Fran and his teammates prior to announcing he would be transferring.

I hope karma hits CJ over the next 2 years.

I don't think any Hawk fans will be cheering him on, either.

If there was tampering, that would be an indictment on Kentucky, not CJ

There are two sides to every story, and you seem to be conveniently picking Fran’s side without being privy to all conversations/information (I.e. CJ’s side to the story), which just makes it seem like you’re butthurt about CJ leaving. I’m not here to pick sides

I am an Iowa fan and am cheering for CJ

If there was tampering? You can't be serious.

You are wrong and ignorant. You are picking one side and ignoring what has been reported. Did you listen to the Chad Leistikow podcast I posted in this thread? Or do you just ignore the facts? It's pretty clear how this went down and that CJ lied to Fran and his teammates. I am not picking sides. I am simply going with what has been reported and using some logic, which you obviously don't possess. And try not to be so butt hurt when I point out your clear deficiencies.

And you are not only wrong and ignorant but a complete fool for cheering for CJ moving forward.

If there was tampering? You can't be serious.

You are wrong and ignorant. You are picking one side and ignoring what has been reported. Did you listen to the Chad Leistikow podcast I posted in this thread? Or do you just ignore the facts? It's pretty clear how this went down and that CJ lied to Fran and his teammates. I am not picking sides. I am simply going with what has been reported and using some logic, which you obviously don't possess. And try not to be so butt hurt when I point out your clear deficiencies.

And you are not only wrong and ignorant but a complete fool for cheering for CJ moving forward.
Are you capable of discourse without hurling insults? Is calling me a fool supposed to be upsetting to me? Is telling me that I am incapable of using logic supposed to strengthen your argument? Do you know what an ad hominem attack is? What point are you trying to make? Edit: and why did you actively make the decision to delete multiple portions of my post?

But if there’s anybody who comes off as butthurt here, it’s me 🙄

Last edited:
If you have been following this thread since April 19, you would know that there was tampering involved. As you can see in the orig post, the Kentucky media was practically bragging about the fact that CJ was on his way to Kentucky.

And it is also 100% clear that CJ flat out lied to Fran and his teammates prior to announcing he would be transferring.

I hope karma hits CJ over the next 2 years.

I don't think any Hawk fans will be cheering him on, either.

I will be rooting for him to do well.

Are you capable of discourse without hurling insults? Is calling me a fool supposed to be upsetting to me? Is telling me that I am incapable of using logic supposed to strengthen your argument? Do you know what an ad hominem attack is? What point are you trying to make?

But if there’s anybody who comes off as butthurt here, it’s me 🙄

What point am I trying to make? Wow. You are not too bright.

Calling you an ignorant fool is simply stating the facts.

You are ignorant, by definition, because you have not read up on how this went down.

And you are a fool for rooting for somebody who lied to his teammates and his coaches.

Again, try not to be so butt hurt over this and instead listen to the HawkCentral podcast and become a LOT bit less ignorant on this topic.

• Wow
Reactions: weeterkane
What point am I trying to make? Wow. You are not too bright.

Calling you an ignorant fool is simply stating the facts.

You are ignorant, by definition, because you have not read up on how this went down.

And you are a fool for rooting for somebody who lied to his teammates and his coaches.

Again, try not to be so butt hurt over this and instead listen to the HawkCentral podcast and become a LOT bit less ignorant on this topic.
Come to Omaha and talk your talk to my face

LOL

thanks for typing that so that everyone can see that you are not only an ignorant fool (who is still not sure if there was tampering) but a complete clown
Do you call people clowns and fools to their faces in your day to day life or only anonymously?

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT