ADVERTISEMENT

Clarence Thomas

Maybe. Then again the left has been using a hatchet on this guy since the beginning. I don't believe their motives and their ability to manufacture evidence and narrative is incredible.

None of that matters. He has conducted himself in manner that is unbecoming of his position and should have the decency to leave quietly.

There is a trade-off for accepting an appointment to the Supreme Court and part of that is to purposefully avoid such obvious conflicts of interest for the sake of the court and the country. Thomas fails at this so much it's lowered the standards of conduct to the point that you have people talking about "evidence" like it's a court of law.

Thomas won't be going anywhere,.. he thoroughly enjoys living rent free in the minds of the left..

What "evidence" here is "manufactured"?

Be specific, regarding his free travel and vacations, unreported income, and wife's activities with far-right groups.
Be specific? Always with the be specific as if that means anything at all.

Yes the left manufactures evidence. Maybe this is legitimate abf maybe it isn't

As for his wife earning income....that isn't illegal. It isn't like she is getting into bed with China or the Ukraine. Did Clarence get her on the board of an energy company in one of the most corrupt countries on the planet? Did she leave a crack pipe in a rental car and have kiddie port on her laptop?

None of that matters. He has conducted himself in manner that is unbecoming of his position and should have the decency to leave quietly.

There is a trade-off for accepting an appointment to the Supreme Court and part of that is to purposefully avoid such obvious conflicts of interest for the sake of the court and the country. Thomas fails at this so much it's lowered the standards of conduct to the point that you have people talking about "evidence" like it's a court of law.
Lol. According to the people that want to appoint a Democrat to the Supreme court.

The left has been trying to target Clarence Thomas since his confirmation hearings. This is just the latest round of trying to model day lynch a black man that doesn't follow leftist ideology.

Doesn't matter that he didn't technically break any rules or laws. We hate him and therefore he is guilty. We will go after him and anyone close to him until we find the crime and then we will bang the drum until a lie becomes the truth.

If you don't think this happens look at how the left treated Caitlin Clark for daring to be good at basketball while white
Read the post above yours…former head of the RNC…so I call BS on this post.

Mortara would jump on a grenade for Thomas.

I don’t know if he violated the rules regarding travel, but I tend to agree with the PILF guy, there’s a separation of powers issue, and Thomas isn’t going to be impeached.

That said, I believe it’s inappropriate for a judge to take gifts many times their salary. The same way I believe it’s inappropriate for federal officials to actively trade the markets, or for their family members to take high-paying jobs clearly tied to their influence.

Last edited:

I don’t know if he Thomas violated the rules regarding travel, but I tend to agree with the PILF guy, there’s a separation of powers issue, and Thomas isn’t going to be impeached.

That said, I think it’s inappropriate for a judge to take gifts many times their salary. The same way I believe it’s inappropriate for federal officials to actively trade the markets, or for their family members to take high-paying jobs clearly tied to their influence.

Yes, and unlike members of Congress there is no direct form of accountability.

I don’t know if he violated the rules regarding travel
He violated the rules regarding travel. Travel is not considered "personal home hospitality". Nor would travel on a yacht.

He violated the rules regarding travel. Travel is not considered "personal home hospitality". Nor would travel on a yacht.
Yes, but there is also an exception for gifts from close personal friends. Thomas could always say that his relationship with Harlan Crow is such that he would recuse himself from any matter involving a material interest to Crow.

This is all kinds of wrong, but I don’t know that he broke the rules. That’s followed by the fact that I don’t know that the rules apply here.

Congress could impeach and convict him. They won’t.

The other SCOTUS justices could exclude him from conferences and opinions. They won’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: BelemNole
The left has been trying to target Clarence Thomas since his confirmation hearings. This is just the latest round of trying to model day lynch a black man that doesn't follow leftist ideology.

Doesn't matter that he didn't technically break any rules or laws. We hate him and therefore he is guilty. We will go after him and anyone close to him until we find the crime and then we will bang the drum until a lie becomes the truth.

If you don't think this happens look at how the left treated Caitlin Clark for daring to be good at basketball while white
Yes, the leftist bigot Michael Steele is just trying to take down strong black conservatives!!
You're just as correct about this as everything you post, well done!!

Yes, but there is also an exception for gifts from close personal friends. Thomas could always say that his relationship with Harlan Crow is such that he would recuse himself from any matter involving a material interest to Crow.

This is all kinds of wrong, but I don’t know that he broke the rules. That’s followed by the fact that I don’t know that the rules apply here.

Congress could impeach and convict him. They won’t.

The other SCOTUS justices could exclude him from conferences and opinions. They won’t.
There's definitely an issue with accepting gifts from anyone who might have something come before the court. There's also a distinction between having a personal relationship with someone, and having business, or potential business with that person. Judges can recuse themselves when there's a conflict of interest. This seems to all be a bit of a reach to me.

There's definitely an issue with accepting gifts from anyone who might have something come before the court. There's also a distinction between having a personal relationship with someone, and having business, or potential business with that person. Judges can recuse themselves when there's a conflict of interest. This seems to all be a bit of a reach to me.
Aside from the overall look of this, the real issue I see is that while Crow didn’t have any matters come before the Court, he exposed Clarence Thomas to plenty of his friends that did.

Thomas received gifts. Crow got the network benefit of bringing him to events. Crow’s friends with business before the Court got access to Thomas and his knowledge of their connection and importance to Crow.

Last edited:
Perhaps, but if we are all allowed to apply the "unethical tag" where we see it 75% of our political elite would be standing in bread lines,... on second thought, maybe not a bad idea.
When did Supreme Court justices become part of the "political elite"?

The fact that so many are defending Thomas whether this is against the law or not is another example of how far the right wing has fallen. If this was the Nixon era they would be defending him on some technicality or other such nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT