ADVERTISEMENT

Classy Reese gets karma

Almost wonder if some conversations were had with each coach. Maybe NCAA peeps talked to them about the big stage this was for women's bball. It was all basketball last night. No antics from anyone on either side...even Mulkey. Have to admit I was surprised.
And where was Mulkey's usual flamboyant jacket?

Honestly I thought the sportsmanship was awesome tonight. I didn't see trash talking, tempers flaring, etc. One of the best games I've seen, men or women. Both teams represented their schools and fan bases well. The debt has been paid. Time to let last year go.
That's because Iowa had the lead, hung on to it and never let it go. If the script flipped and LSU was ahead the whole game, you better believe they'd be taking the low road. I'm proud of our women for the performance on the court and the way they carried themselves. They are bigger people than I would have been.

That's because Iowa had the lead, hung on to it and never let it go. If the script flipped and LSU was ahead the whole game, you better believe they'd be taking the low road. I'm proud of our women for the performance on the court and the way they carried themselves. They are bigger people than I would have been.
IOWA CLASS!

Mulkey is to blame in not helping her with her status. But look at what she does to herself.
Lisa and coaches would have helped Angel instead of propping her up in the bad things she does.
Imagine what she could have done with Lisa and Jan as her coaches the past few years. First off, develop some humility that could have skyrocketed her fanbase. Second off, she has a few post moves, but most of her game revolves around being taller with longer arms than anyone else on the floor. With our conditioning program and her length she could have feasted on the fast break for us and potentially developed moves like MG, MC, and HS did while also allowing HS to play PF. Her shot blocking and rebounding presence would have worked wonders with our defense too. She probably would have averaged 25 ppg for us with CC passing the ball along with 15-20 rpg.

She brought things on herself but she didn't bring death threats on herself. Those are men being massive assholes to a kid. I say that as someone who doesn't like Angel's antics at all, but her life doesn't need to be threatened.
There’s a lot of stupid in these threads.

Appreciate Caitlin Clark and Lisa Bluder. Realize Angel Reese is a kid playing a game who has a lot of growing up to do and who has had the misfortune of being mentored by Kim Mulkey. I know nothing of Angel Reese’s childhood and upbringing, but I am pretty confident Caitlin Clark has good parents and probably had a lot of good role models in her life. She also has Lisa Bluder as a coach. Reese has Kim Mulkey.

There’s a lot of stupid in these threads.

Appreciate Caitlin Clark and Lisa Bluder. Realize Angel Reese is a kid playing a game who has a lot of growing up to do and who has had the misfortune of being mentored by Kim Mulkey. I know nothing of Angel Reese’s childhood and upbringing, but I am pretty confident Caitlin Clark has good parents and probably had a lot of good role models in her life. She also has Lisa Bluder as a coach. Reese has Kim Mulkey.
Players tend to love their coaches, I get it. But I'm surprised at how many don't see through Mulkey's BS. She is 100% about herself first and her players next.

If she received them (and I have little doubt she did), death threats to Reese are never acceptable. They're also not OK directed at Caitlin Clark (she also has received them) or any of the tens of thousands of coaches and players and politicians who also receive them. Sadly, in our sick society with access to anonymous social media it comes with the territory of achieving a certain level of fame or notoriety.

Reactions: amahawk
Almost wonder if some conversations were had with each coach. Maybe NCAA peeps talked to them about the big stage this was for women's bball. It was all basketball last night. No antics from anyone on either side...even Mulkey. Have to admit I was surprised.
Excellent point!

Actions speak louder than FAKE words.

In the SAME DAY... She left a crown on her bench.

2131223545.jpg

Happy Lsu Tigers GIF by SEC Network
Lose Womens Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

I was impressed with Reese’s play in the first half, she was dominant before she got injured/tired. That said, O’Grady easily neutralized her in the 2nd half with her size, so I suspect that would happen in the WNBA.

She’s likely already made $ to be set for life if she’s smart with it. Her best scenario would be to go pro and continue to play off the match up with Clarke. Ride Caitlin’s coattails. The rivalry can fill seats like Bird & Magic.

I was impressed with Reese’s play in the first half, she was dominant before she got injured/tired. That said, O’Grady easily neutralized her in the 2nd half with her size, so I suspect that would happen in the WNBA.

She’s likely already made $ to be set for life if she’s smart with it. Her best scenario would be to go pro and continue to play off the match up with Clarke. Ride Caitlin’s coattails. The rivalry can fill seats like Bird & Magic.
O'Grady was really the unsung hero of the game. Hats off to her!

Height and she more or less bullies her way to get position.

Not gonna get away with that in the WNBA, because she's a dime a dozen in that respect.
That's the thing about AR as a player: she has NO game. Let's be honest and objective. What, exactly, are her skills as a basketball player?

* Great passer? No ("Get me the ball!")
* Great shooter? LOL (See that one shot she tried from about 12 feet? A third grader has better form and would be less likely to throw up a brick like that. Otherwise, her scoring comes from within three feet of the basket.)
* Great rebounder? Sure, as long as she's four inches to a foot taller than everyone else. (How many rebounds were of her own missed bunnies? Methinks at least half a dozen.)
* Great ball handler? Uh-uh
* Great defender. Sure, again as long as she's bigger than the opponent.

AR is a legend in her own mind, and only there. Anyone with eyes knows she has no game whatsoever. As others have suggested, she'll disappear once she leaves college ball, which will be awesome.

BTW: AR probably travels about half the time on her low post moves. I think she was called for it all of one time last night. And we haven't even mentioned how she manhandled--yes MANhandled Hannah and O'Grady in the paint with not a single call. She's one of those players who, were the rules applied to her, would foul out in a quarter or two. As you may have guessed, I have no respect for her as a player or, far more important, as a human being.

That's the thing about AR as a player: she has NO game. Let's be honest and objective. What, exactly, are her skills as a basketball player?

* Great passer? No ("Get me the ball!")
* Great shooter? LOL (See that one shot she tried from about 12 feet? A third grader has better form and would be less likely to throw up a brick like that. Otherwise, her scoring comes from within three feet of the basket.)
* Great rebounder? Sure, as long as she's four inches to a foot taller than everyone else. (How many rebounds were of her own missed bunnies? Methinks at least half a dozen.)
* Great ball handler? Uh-uh
* Great defender. Sure, again as long as she's bigger than the opponent.

AR is a legend in her own mind, and only there. Anyone with eyes knows she has no game whatsoever. As others have suggested, she'll disappear once she leaves college ball, which will be awesome.

BTW: AR probably travels about half the time on her low post moves. I think she was called for it all of one time last night. And we haven't even mentioned how she manhandled--yes MANhandled Hannah and O'Grady in the paint with not a single call. She's one of those players who, were the rules applied to her, would foul out in a quarter or two. As you may have guessed, I have no respect for her as a player or, far more important, as a human being.
On that break away after Caitlin's horrible pass, Reese is lucky she made the layup.

Actions speak louder than FAKE words.

In the SAME DAY... She left a crown on her bench.

2131223545.jpg

Happy Lsu Tigers GIF by SEC Network
Lose Womens Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

The crown on the chair pregame was the clincher. Petulant child masquerading as an adult and NO ONE from lsu grabbing it and saying what the hell? Life has many future unpleasant surprises for her. Worshipping these players because of athletic talent alone is a grave disservice and a dereliction of duty.

No shit, not smart enough to understand correlation/causation.

You'd think a university student would comprehend such things.
I actually think she's probably bright enough. I just don't think she gives a f***.

I said last year after her antics that her future would be troubled. The spiral is already starting. Playing the victim.

She has no future in basketball and her fame will quickly fade away.

According to NIL it appears she already has earned 1.8 million. If she stays in college she might earn another million. Not sure how that correlates to starting a downward spiral.

Sure it might happen, but your concerns seem to be a bit premature

The crown on the chair pregame was the clincher. Petulant child masquerading as an adult and NO ONE from lsu grabbing it and saying what the hell? Life has many future unpleasant surprises for her. Worshipping these players because of athletic talent alone is a grave disservice and a dereliction of duty.
Yep. You'd think one of the coaches would say "no...we're not doing that". Tells you a lot about the program.

Yeah, on one hand I don't support attacking all these athletes (people), and seeking them out to personally attack them, especially when it's about dumb stuff that doesn't involve what they do on the court/field etc etc.

It's no different than people coming at Caitlin Clark saying she looks like a man and is just getting attention because she's the next white hope.

With that said, as you put it, she brought a lot of this on herself.

You don't get to create drama.......and then cry about the reactions to that drama you created.

Once you open yourself up to that scrutiny, it's no longer in your hands to control. That's what kids and young adults these days just aren't understanding, and why I have repeatedly told people, told LSU fans, told Angel Reese supporters...............actions have consequences. They'll figure that out.......or they'll learn the hard way.

Angel chose the latter.

One point I’d argue is your use of “kids and young adults”. It’s pretty much people of all ages in my opinion. We all do dumb things, fortunately all the stupid stuff I did was not broadcast for the world to see.

I going to guess 99% of the people on here have things on their lives that others would lambast them for if it was open to media scrutiny.

I'm betting she stays another year to redeem herself. Lots of NIL money coming in. And I don't think she will last very long in the WNBA. She can't score from outside the free throw lane and gets a lot of her rebounds because of her height compared to the other college gals. JMO

I’d argue about her potential in the WNBA. She rebounds like crazy She will find a spot and stick.

Exactly right.

Who could have guessed that the head coach’s “it’s all about me” attention-seeking behaviors would carry over to her players?

Of course, the most vociferous voices on this board criticizing Kim Mulkey and Angel Reese are often the same voices who idolize Donald Trump.

Irony.

Oh, I know. How can the usual array of snowflakes on the basketball board survive a Trump reference? Poor babies. For those about to cry about it, prove it wrong or STFU. Truth doesn’t care about your feelings. 😝

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
Exactly right.

Who could have guessed that the head coach’s “it’s all about me” attention-seeking behaviors would carry over to her players?

Of course, the most vociferous voices on this board criticizing Kim Mulkey and Angel Reese are often the same voices who idolize Donald Trump.

Irony.

Oh, I know. How can the usual array of snowflakes on the basketball board survive a Trump reference? Poor babies. For those about to cry about it, prove it wrong or STFU. Truth doesn’t care about your feelings. 😝
Keep politics out of this, OK pal?

Exactly right.

Irony.

Ragnar, you know better than to wander to the political talk on this board. Let’s keep it to the sports world and not the off topic realm.

Angel’s 15 minutes are over, as there are no more opportunities to ride Caitlin’s coattails to stardom.

I hope she invested well, because the gravy train is coming to a halt soon. If she comes back to college, she won’t even be a top 5 player in the country or the best player on her team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT