ADVERTISEMENT

Classy Reese gets karma

According to NIL it appears she already has earned 1.8 million. If she stays in college she might earn another million. Not sure how that correlates to starting a downward spiral.

Sure it might happen, but your concerns seem to be a bit premature
Not whatsoever. That isn't a lot of money to last a lifetime. When you have a 1.8 GPA and may not even graduate college, your options are limited. Add to that an entitled, victim mentality and downward spiral is inevitable.

I’d argue about her potential in the WNBA. She rebounds like crazy (against smaller college players) She will find a spot and stick.
She is going to get eaten up in the WNBA if she even gets a roster spot. Go watch film on her playing against other bigs. Hell, watch her trying to play against O'Grady last night. She gets locked down playing against girls her size.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Not whatsoever. That isn't a lot of money to last a lifetime. When you have a 1.8 GPA and may not even graduate college, your options are limited. Add to that an entitled, victim mentality and downward spiral is inevitable.

She is going to get eaten up in the WNBA if she even gets a roster spot. Go watch film on her playing against other bigs. Hell, watch her trying to play against O'Grady last night. She gets locked down playing against girls her size.

Time will tell for all those answers. The WNBA answer will come much sooner. So, maybe as soon as next year we will have an idea. One telling stat would be she averaged double digit boards for her college career, and a double double (points and rebounds) for 3 of her 4 years.

One guy that graduated a few years ahead of me had no interest in school and probably had a lower GPA than 1.8. I’m sure he only got through school because some teachers gave him a D- to not have to have him in class again. He’s now a multi-millionaire because he found his calling a few years after he graduated. We don’t all follow the same path.

I try not to automatically judge toward the negative. People do grow and change over time. All people. Some just take a lot longer to get there. And a few never do.

Time will tell for all those answers. The WNBA answer will come much sooner. So, maybe as soon as next year we will have an idea. One telling stat would be she averaged double digit boards for her college career, and a double double (points and rebounds) for 3 of her 4 years.

One guy that graduated a few years ahead of me had no interest in school and probably had a lower GPA than 1.8. I’m sure he only got through school because some teachers gave him a D- to not have to have him in class again. He’s now a multi-millionaire because he found his calling a few years after he graduated. We don’t all follow the same path.

I try not to automatically judge toward the negative. People do grow and change over time. All people. Some just take a lot longer to get there. And a few never do.
I've met enough people in my life to realize some that some of the people least successful in school go on to have huge financial success because they know how to do things, particularly if it involves land development and real estate.

Reactions: WSC72

The WNBA is a different animal. There's a reason she isn't seen as a good WNBA prospect by the experts.

One guy you know was successful with bad grades? Did he act like a fool, treat people like crap over and over, and then play the victim when people called him on it? Because those things are not a recipe for success.

It hasn't been a one time mistake with Reese. That's forgivable. It's a pattern of bad behavior. It's who she is and I love seeing bad things happen to bad people. You be positive. I'll be "negative" and laugh and relish seeing her fail. It's fantastic!

Last edited:
Couple things. Reese has fouled out of her last 3 games as I recall, so she isn't smart enough to know if she wants to stay in, she sometimes has to let the other player go.
As far as AR ending up with anything, there are many many NFL players who have had big paychecks and ended up broke
I agree with those saying her antics were lessened by trailing most of the last 3 Qs. It was in the 1st or 2nd Q when they were up a few points that she or one of her mates scored, and anyway the camera showed a short blip of her looking over to the Iowa bench with her running her mouth.

"...the Trump policies are just so much better for American than Biden policies "

--------Is this a joke? All The Donald cares about is himself, his oligarch supporters, and his good bud Putin.

It could be, you are the joke….🤷‍♂️

I see it here daily.

Middle-aged white men living out a meaningless existence in Humboldt, IA or some other shit town wishing their lives had any sort of meaning or relevance to the outside world.

Comedy.

You are literally the poster child for someone with little self-awareness and this post on a “message board” is pure comedy gold….

I don’t get why you guys don’t understand message boards are the bane of society…

Yes, I am here but it is literally a distraction. I have no visions of grandeur that I’m solving anybody’s life’s problems, or saying anything meaningful….

You, however, really do think you’re making a difference here, bud…

Meaning to the outside world…..DOH!

Coming to you live from “go Iowa awesome“ it’s Ragnar Lothbrok pontificating about the meanings of life…

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: Hendy hawk
She brought things on herself but she didn't bring death threats on herself. Those are men being massive assholes to a kid. I say that as someone who doesn't like Angel's antics at all, but her life doesn't need to be threatened.
Moral of the story is stay off social media. Be humble and let your actions do the talking

• Love
If she received them (and I have little doubt she did), death threats to Reese are never acceptable. They're also not OK directed at Caitlin Clark (she also has received them) or any of the tens of thousands of coaches and players and politicians who also receive them. Sadly, in our sick society with access to anonymous social media it comes with the territory of achieving a certain level of fame or notoriety.
All the idiots that throw out those threats and hate messages are tragically bitter people no one can convince to change their hatred of others. Sad and true; politicians tap into these emotions very well.

She hasn't had to play against players her size because she has played on teams with a bigger center. Other teams have to guard her with players smaller than her. And we're talking about college players. The WNBA is a different animal. There's a reason she isn't seen as a good WNBA prospect by the experts.

One guy you know was successful with bad grades? Did he act like a fool, treat people like crap over and over, and then play the victim when people called him on it? Because those things are not a recipe for success.

It hasn't been a one time mistake with Reese. That's forgivable. It's a pattern of bad behavior. It's who she is and I love seeing bad things happen to bad people. You be positive. I'll be "negative" and laugh and relish seeing her fail. It's fantastic!

Maybe I should have asked what your definition of success is before answering. (And I don’t know if some of the people I’m going to mention played the victim, but some sure did to justify their actions).

Her draft projections that I could find:

Sporting News - #7
ESPN - 7th
USA Today - 7th
CBS - 8th

And a WNBA GM

“Angel is a bit of an enigma. Obviously she produces,” the general manager explained in the March 28 feature. “No matter what people say she can’t do, she produces. Her production speaks for itself. To be one of the top players in the country in scoring and rebounding, her team wins and she’s a competitor.

While a very limited search they seem to be consistent. Not sure those projections would coincide with not being a good prospect.

Again. Time will tell. You may very well be right on this one.

In HS he was an idiot to everyone. People change. Was Bob Knight successful? Mulkey? Stalin? Putin? Mao? Amin, Pinochet, Pol Pot, Khan? Not all successful people are wonderful humans. Some are, some aren’t. History is filled with ruthless leaders who were extremely successful.

How about Ty Cobb? By many accounts he was a terrible human being.

Last edited:
Whoever wrote that making $1.8 million in NIl isn't much money, what are you smoking? The majority of America will not make that amount of money in their lifetime or if they do it will come after 30-40 years of hard work. $59,384 is the median income, so 30 years or so.

Whoever wrote that making $1.8 million in NIl isn't much money, what are you smoking? The majority of America will not make that amount of money in their lifetime or if they do it will come after 30-40 years of hard work. $59,384 is the median income, so 30 years or so.

It was @longliveCS40 but I think he was more referring that she would not manage it well. It certainly is a lot of money and that about 95% of Americans and probably over 99% of the world will never make that in their life

Reactions: Hendy hawk
There are two big differences.
1. Making 1.8 in a year will pay significantly more in taxes
2. Some who makes 60k per year budgets and is conservative and gets a check monthly. Big payouts like lottery spend wildly thinking they have it made, until it runs out.
This is reason there are a higher percentage bankrupt former NFL players than college grads even if NFL have higher career earnings

Reactions: longliveCS40
"...the Trump policies are just so much better for American than Biden policies "

--------Is this a joke? All The Donald cares about is himself, his oligarch supporters, and his good bud Putin.
That’s your opinion. I think Trump’s border, economic, and military policies were better than Biden’s. However, I’m going to stop my political discussion now. Have a good day.

couldn't you guys see mulky getting the boot or retiring soon? after angel said she's unhappy there and all the newspaper stuff
Never heard she was unhappy there.
When was that. Course she can't go to another university and hold such a high-grade point as LSU.

The woke lefties cannot help themselves, just put them on ignore because they bring politics in almost every post.
Truth. I see this constantly. They obviously sit around all day seething and fixating on Trump. It's just weird. Think I'm going to follow your advice.

That's as political as I'm going to get on this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: DewHawk
Does anyone else think that she injured herself? Watch the replay in slow motion. She blocks the shot, gathers herself by the stanchion seemingly uninjured at that point, looks to see where CC is while her chest is mostly against the padding, then lunges to the left around the padding instead of grabbing onto it to stop herself and vanishes into the cameraman area where she got hurt by probably stepping on something. When watching live it looked to me like she wanted her “diving into the crowd” moment. Normally I wouldn’t think that but she has the history of wanting all of the attention and I could see her doing something like that so that everyone looked at her and thought about how great her block was. She was out for only 1:26 of game time with only 1 total point scored by either team and I give her huge credit for coming back in and trying to play through it. But it would be interesting karma if she did it to herself because she tried to show off.

The crown on the chair pregame was the clincher. Petulant child masquerading as an adult and NO ONE from lsu grabbing it and saying what the hell? Life has many future unpleasant surprises for her. Worshipping these players because of athletic talent alone is a grave disservice and a dereliction of duty.
I doubt that she would have put her crown on and paraded around if they had won????
Probably would have been a cat fight with Mulky on who would wear the crown 😇
Did we ever see any of her parents at her games
(Role model)

Wow, with all the resources available to these athletes the only excuse is bad parenting and coaching.
Not saying you're wrong, but sometimes people (kids and adults) have access to guidance, resources and multiple chances, and still can't seem to get out of their own way when it comes to making good choices. Glad the Hawks won!

Are you going to tattle on me?

You don't have a problem with your politics on the board, you just don't like opposing political views on the board.
Interesting coming from you. I guess the word hypocrite comes to mind

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT