ADVERTISEMENT

Classy Reese gets karma

Exactly right.

Who could have guessed that the head coach’s “it’s all about me” attention-seeking behaviors would carry over to her players?

Of course, the most vociferous voices on this board criticizing Kim Mulkey and Angel Reese are often the same voices who idolize Donald Trump.

Irony.

Oh, I know. How can the usual array of snowflakes on the basketball board survive a Trump reference? Poor babies. For those about to cry about it, prove it wrong or STFU. Truth doesn’t care about your feelings. 😝
beta-jesse-lee-peterson.gif

Science—which teaches the human brain does not fully develop until mid to late 20s—doesn’t care about middle-aged white men and their delicate feelings.
I am not sure why you are bringing middle aged white men into this.

But part of the way your brain develops is through your personal experiences. Reese's personal experience now is that there are consequences to your actions and words. And maybe, since she feels she is being treated poorly, she will realize that social media is poison.

Ragnar, you know better than to wander to the political talk on this board. Let’s keep it to the sports world and not the off topic realm.
Y’all triggered that badly? 😂

I mean, I pretty much stated in my post what was going to happen, and you guys never disappoint.

Again, irony.

Y’all triggered that badly? 😂

I mean, I pretty much stated in my post what was going to happen, and you guys never disappoint.

Again, irony.

Not triggered at all. I just want to keep the post on target and not delve into political drivel that’s not pertinent to the topic at hand.

I’d gladly discuss politics with you in the off-topic forum.

Not triggered at all. I just want to keep the post on target and not delve into political drivel that’s not pertinent to the topic at hand.

I’d gladly discuss politics with you in the off-topic forum.
Except I’m not discussing politics. I’m just making an obvious and relevant connection to a well-known public figure.

It’s no different than when people talk about Joe Biden’s mental faculties to emphasize a point. It’s totally fair.

If I were talking politics, I would say I am right of center and want government to stay the **** out of people’s lives. Whether that’s taxes, 2A, vaccine mandates, or abortion, stay the **** out.

Alas, I am not talking politics. I am just mentioning a well-known public figure for comparison purposes. If someone can’t handle that, that’s not my problem.

Except I’m not discussing politics. I’m just making an obvious and relevant connection to a well-known public figure.

It’s no different than when people talk about Joe Biden’s mental faculties to emphasize a point. It’s totally fair.

If I were talking politics, I would say I am right of center and want government to stay the **** out of people’s lives. Whether that’s taxes, 2A, vaccine mandates, or abortion, stay the **** out.

Alas, I am not talking politics. I am just mentioning a well-known public figure for comparison purposes. If someone can’t handle that, that’s not my problem.

Fair enough. I’ll spare you from the Blood Eagle.

• Love
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I think everyone needs to eat a slice of humble pie. Hopefully she learns a life lesson from this event. I am sure that she is a young woman that has been praised most of her life and now got a bit of reality served to her.
I think just the opposite. She was not praised when she was young for lack of good parenting. When the praise did come there was no guidance from Mulkey or anyone else and she handled it poorly because of that.
Sad situation.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I’ll spare you from the Blood Eagle.
I like you, bro (no homo). 😝

Honestly, I think people need to loosen up and laugh a little. Let’s be real. Democrat or Republican, the 2024 election is going to be an absolute clown show. I miss the days when it wasn’t offensive to make fun of politicians. If you can’t laugh about Joe Biden and Donald Trump, something is wrong with you.

She brought things on herself but she didn't bring death threats on herself. Those are men being massive assholes to a kid. I say that as someone who doesn't like Angel's antics at all, but her life doesn't need to be threatened.

Have these allegations been confirmed?

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I like you, bro (no homo). 😝

Honestly, I think people need to loosen up and laugh a little. Let’s be real. Democrat or Republican, the 2024 election is going to be an absolute clown show. I miss the days when it wasn’t offensive to make fun of politicians. If you can’t laugh about Joe Biden and Donald Trump, something is wrong with you.
Everyone is a partisan hack nowadays so they can’t see the comedy. It’s just a bunch of little bitches who straight ticket voters.

despised her last year, and that coach. but this year they calmed it down. a loss will do that

I think just the opposite. She was not praised when she was young for lack of good parenting. When the praise did come the was no guidance from Mulkey or anyone else and she handled it poorly because of that.
Sad situation.

Do you know if either of those comments are factual? Some people do really stupid things even if they had great guidance from parents/mentors/coaches.

I’m a prime example

WSC72
That's my opinion just like yours.
Fact is that Mulkey did not give her ANY GOOD guidance for sure when she could have.

Reactions: WSC72
I see it here daily.

Middle-aged white men living out a meaningless existence in Humboldt, IA or some other shit town wishing their lives had any sort of meaning or relevance to the outside world.

Comedy.
Wow, you are really special and a superior being obviously. Get over yourself.

She claims to be sexualized….. the female that wears make-up on the court and rolls up her shorts…..
And also the one that did a SI bikini photo shoot. Then complains about being sexualized. Okay.. What exactly do you expect?

Sure, people are stupid and take things way too far with the hate, but AR has brought some of that on herself. Now she wants sympathy?

I thought that presser was a disgrace, at least in the part that they showed. Nothing about congrats to Iowa. Nothing about her teammates. It was all about her.

Ok, end rant. I'm done giving AR any of my time at this keyboard.

Agreed. I did notice when they took the lead in the first and a few times in the 2nd they started talking a bit. Then did some hand motion stuff at Clark at one point. Hawks just didn’t give them a chance to taunt.

Like when Reese has the steal and layup? I thought her head was going to fall off as she looked like bobblehead taunting the Iowa bench

Like when Reese has the steal and layup? I thought her head was going to fall off as she looked like bobblehead taunting the Iowa bench
yeah when they had the first qtr lead you could just feel the mojo building towards a bunch of flashy stuff and crap talking.
I was thankful for a tie at half time to calm that crap down a bit. half time I go in a gas station, get a six pack and some gas, come out , and hawks up by like 7 out of nowhere in third qtr. what a relief.

I'm betting she stays another year to redeem herself. Lots of NIL money coming in. And I don't think she will last very long in the WNBA. She can't score from outside the free throw lane and gets a lot of her rebounds because of her height compared to the other college gals. JMO

She is a brute inside and fairly quick short area, but she isn’t fast, and she is NOT particularly skilled on offense, you are correct.

She is a dynamite rebounder! But no outside game at all, very uncomfortable even shooting 12 foot jumpers, it looks like to me and she misses a remarkable amount of layups….

In fact their whole team misses lots of layups & have In every game I’ve seen them play

Reactions: MitchLL
According to NIL it appears she already has earned 1.8 million. If she stays in college she might earn another million. Not sure how that correlates to starting a downward spiral.

Sure it might happen, but your concerns seem to be a bit premature
However, someone that smug and immature will likely blow through that money by the time she is 35 or 40.

Exactly right.

Who could have guessed that the head coach’s “it’s all about me” attention-seeking behaviors would carry over to her players?

Of course, the most vociferous voices on this board criticizing Kim Mulkey and Angel Reese are often the same voices who idolize Donald Trump.

Irony.

Oh, I know. How can the usual array of snowflakes on the basketball board survive a Trump reference? Poor babies. For those about to cry about it, prove it wrong or STFU. Truth doesn’t care about your feelings. 😝
I kind of see your personal comparisons regarding Mulkey/Reese and Trump. However, the huge difference (imho) is that the Trump policies are just so much better for American than Biden policies, that Trump’s personal faults are over-shadowed. Also, let’s get real…Biden is no saint. But I digress..go Hawks!!!

I kind of see your personal comparisons regarding Mulkey/Reese and Trump. However, the huge difference (imho) is that the Trump policies are just so much better for American than Biden policies, that Trump’s personal faults are over-shadowed. Also, let’s get real…Biden is no saint. But I digress..go Hawks!!!
My point was not about policy.

Just seeing whom I can toy with. 😏

Reactions: WSC72
couldn't you guys see mulky getting the boot or retiring soon? after angel said she's unhappy there and all the newspaper stuff

Reactions: GlenHawk
I see it here daily.

Middle-aged white men living out a meaningless existence in Humboldt, IA or some other shit town wishing their lives had any sort of meaning or relevance to the outside world.

Comedy.
You know, we have an "Ignore" setting on this board, and I'm going to use it on this troll. If you are as annoyed by his antics as much as I am, I encourage you to do the same

"...the Trump policies are just so much better for American than Biden policies "

--------Is this a joke? All The Donald cares about is himself, his oligarch supporters, and his good bud Putin.

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk and SI_NYC
I agree with those that say her game is VERY limited.

Not fast afoot, no offense other than layups and putbacks, and the WNBA will have inside players bigger and stronger in regards to rebounding.
Most of her rebounds last nite was just being taller.

Reactions: cmhawks99
You know, we have an "Ignore" setting on this board, and I'm going to use it on this troll. If you are as annoyed by his antics as much as I am, I encourage you to do the same

“Another person will not hurt you without your cooperation. You are hurt the moment you believe yourself to be.” Epictetus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT