ADVERTISEMENT

Clown U's school colors

I've kind of scanned this thread. Too many "clown" references to take a lot of the posts seriously. I get it. I see why Hawk fans take their shots at the multiple uniforms + color schemes over the years. In a perfect Cyclone world, they would've stayed with one uniform (good or bad), but they were kind of forced into this by being so bad during the 80's + 90's. They needed to create an identity. I'm sure the success of Iowa during that same time was a factor.

I can't fault Iowa State for another attempt with the White/Black combo. It's simply not true that they are (as a poster suggested) trying to emulate. The history of Iowa State's original color scheme (Black + Silver) is documented, and happened well before Hayden Fry + Kirk Ferentz. I personally think the alternate uniforms are fine. Pick your spots, and dont overdue it. Todays recruits are drawn to this type of thing, and it's the game some schools (like Iowa State) have to play. Iowa doesn't. So be it.

In the end, the uniforms don't really matter. Gives people (myself included) something to have trivial message board debates.

Some Hawk fans will criticize Iowa State for absolutely anything. This is just another in the long list of "things to make fun of". It's fine. Part of being a rival.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeyes4sandusky
We have no room to talk. Every week, 95% of Kinnick Stadium is populated with fans wearing their 2015 B1G Championship shirts!
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Looks to me like Matt Campbell is not a fan of ISU's school colors. I guess maybe he thinks wearing black will make his team look more intimidating then the traditional Cardinal and gold, however, it's not the uniforms, it's the players and coaching that wins games. I mean, C'mon, Oregon wins and they sport some of the fugliest uni's I have ever seen. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyes4sandusky
I've kind of scanned this thread. Too many "clown" references to take a lot of the posts seriously. I get it. I see why Hawk fans take their shots at the multiple uniforms + color schemes over the years. In a perfect Cyclone world, they would've stayed with one uniform (good or bad), but they were kind of forced into this by being so bad during the 80's + 90's. They needed to create an identity. I'm sure the success of Iowa during that same time was a factor.

I can't fault Iowa State for another attempt with the White/Black combo. It's simply not true that they are (as a poster suggested) trying to emulate. The history of Iowa State's original color scheme (Black + Silver) is documented, and happened well before Hayden Fry + Kirk Ferentz. I personally think the alternate uniforms are fine. Pick your spots, and dont overdue it. Todays recruits are drawn to this type of thing, and it's the game some schools (like Iowa State) have to play. Iowa doesn't. So be it.

In the end, the uniforms don't really matter. Gives people (myself included) something to have trivial message board debates.

Some Hawk fans will criticize Iowa State for absolutely anything. This is just another in the long list of "things to make fun of". It's fine. Part of being a rival.
I always find it hilarious when clown fans try and tell us how much better they are as a fan base. I take it stender you have never seen how clown fans behave on cryclown fanatic. Clown fans that claim superiority never admit to how clown fans act on cryclown fanatic it trashes their utopian views of themselves.

Just remember, isu fans are so awesome that they assault visiting marching bands and threaten the KU basketball team bus with violence. Yep isu fans are picture perfect role models for how to behave just ask clown fans. Of course certain things must simply be ignored for isu fans to live with all their behavior and hate.

But do tell us all how it really is stender we won’t laugh at you really.

Reactions: shudaddy
Tell me you don’t have 40 2015 B1G Championship shirts in your closet!?!?!

I have them hanging right next to my Mondale inauguration t-shirts, and my other shirt explaining how the sun revolves around the earth.

(Now I wait for 9 posters to not get it, then tell me Mondale actually lost, and we learned the earth actually revolves around the sun several years ago.)

Reactions: BonzoFury
Me: I could eat a horse!

This board: That’s nearly impossible. You have no idea what you’re talking about. Do you have any idea how long that would take?!?!

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT