ADVERTISEMENT

Clowns vs Toads

I'm surprised Campbell isn't doing cartwheels. Someone must have slipped him a Xanax.

Watched much of it. Wow there was some bad football happening. TCU's defense is really, really bad and their OL might actually be worse than ISU's. Bailey the ISU DE is a beast though.

Sorry, guys. Tried to lose but didn’t get the job done.
I wonder how the people who bet on TCU felt when Patterson decided not to kick the point at the end. Line was ISU -2.5.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
Yeah, he threw a pick six, although for some reason it was called a fumble. Dumbest play I’ve seen by. QB for a long time, maybe ever.
Backwards pass isn’t a pass. It is a lateral. So throwing a backwards interception, like this was, is actually a lost fumble. Even if the guy didn’t catch it, he still can pick it up and run it in for a TD since that weak throw wasn’t going to bounce out of bounds and there was no offensive player remotely close to him to try for a tackle or recovery.

Yes ever.

Yeah, but you know...he's a serious Heisman candidate so...

tenor.gif

Oklahoma is every bit as good if not better than big ten west.

Let me know when somebody from the west even plays in the playoff much less wins a game.

Ask somebody to name the top teams on the Big Ten when they top three names are not in the West you can stop measuring your dick.
You said the conference is judged by top TEAMS, not top team. Like the other poster said, the Big Ten West ended the season with 3 top 15 teams. Throw in the Big Ten east and the conferences aren’t even close.

Reactions: David1979
ISU is a good team, not a national power as some in their fan base believe.

You are correct. ISU showed that last Season when they got wrecked by ND. ISU can beat anyone in the Big 12 because the talent is there, and their defense is tops in the conference. But the talent level is still below the Big Boys.

You said the conference is judged by top TEAMS, not top team. Like the other poster said, the Big Ten West ended the season with 3 top 15 teams. Throw in the Big Ten east and the conferences aren’t even close.

Until the west even gets a team in the playoff you got nothing. Get over it.

That’s what top teams do.

Oh man I watched those games yesterday. The Big 12 really is bad overall. I think there are like 4 OK teams. And OK is maybe optimistic. But looking at the 4 of them, Okie loses at home to a team that lost to Arkansas St? ISU barely beat a team in its first game with a back-up QB (and the Rajun Cajuns beat Georgia Southern by 2 but beat ISU by 17)? Okie St a week removed from struggling with Tulsa. And Texas Tech scores more points on Texas than Houston Baptist? I mean that conference really is embarrassing. I get it is a weird year but I am sorry it is a weird year for the Sun Belt Conference as well which looks way better than the Big 12.

Until the west even gets a team in the playoff you got nothing. Get over it.

That’s what top teams do.
Ok. I’m going to be a nice guy and let you know you’re not very smart and it’s pretty sad trolling another teams board so much.

I have followed ISU sports since the early '60s. I have had season football tickets every year since 1974. I have been a Cyclone Club member since that time. I have never -- not once -- met a Cyclone fan who thought ISU was a national football power.

And in fairness, I haven't met a whole lot of them who think at this point ISU is a good team. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: chuck285

Let me know when somebody from the west even plays in the playoff much less wins a game.

Ask somebody to name the top teams on the Big Ten when they top three names are not in the West you can stop measuring your dick.
Ahhhh how did mighty Oklahoma do?? Lol.

I remember an Iowa-ISU game when Ferentz took a safety at the end...prudent move but it allowed ISU to cover the spread.
KF always plays the odds to win, and I can assure you he could not care less about the point spread or who bets on games.......

Yeah, he threw a pick six, although for some reason it was called a fumble. Dumbest play I’ve seen by. QB for a long time, maybe ever.
Maybe by a QB, but how about the punter for Michigan in 2017? All dude had to do was fall on the ball and the clock probably runs out on MSU, instead he fumbles the ball away and they run in the gift for the winning score........

havent posted in a while, so as an isu fan ill give u my take
1. the big 12 is horrible, but not because what happened earlier this year, its what happens every year in bowl games, i pray we dont play an sec team, the top 5 recievers at mississippi st might be better than we have.
2. its good to be the in the big 12, we can seriously finish 3rd or 4th this year if we get close games to go our way.
3. glad that big 10 is coming back, please no more primetime acc games geesh, those are horrible to watch, would rather watch any big 10 game for sure.
4. CMC said in postgame the biggest difference between TCU and Louisiana is they were able to practice, that tells u something right there.
5. TCU will get better, but in the grand scheme they arent very good because their lines arent any good.
6. ISU has to be a better ball control team this year than they were last year, just dont know if we got the wide outs to do it. In Gm 1 our starting guard went out and his backup was horrible. Well vs TCU we got a new backup and he was very good, starting guard is day to day, and newell our center who was out last year on injury is back and having a workhorse type year, especially by ISU standards, and we now (kolar was out game 1) have 2 really good tight ends who can block and catch (kolar and soehner), our 3rd TE comes in on special packages. The one problem on offense is not having a 2nd running back, sure hall is great, but there isnt a second who can get 3 yards in tough spots like hall, holes like we saw vs tcu wont happen very often one would think vs the better teams.
7. ISU has implemented a new play! its the colin klein run, i absolutely love it, its an old play from snyder ksu days that he would run collin klein all day on, one of the best plays in college football, have to see more of that. ksu still kinds of run it but i remember it vividly from collin klein days.
8. Bottom line, limit the mistakes, keep running the football, build off that, control the clock im hoping isu can have a good year and play a pac 12 team in a bowl game.

Reactions: haightt
You are correct. ISU showed that last Season when they got wrecked by ND. ISU can beat anyone in the Big 12 because the talent is there, and their defense is tops in the conference. But the talent level is still below the Big Boys.
I must have watched the wrong team if you think they"re a good team and have a top defense???

Lol you have to compare the big 12’s only team worth a damn that has been destroyed in every single playoff game they’ve played to a division in the big ten, thats how far the big 12 has fallen folks.
Who is consistently worth a crap in the west besides Wisconsin who can't make a playoff? Iowa's recent 4 and 3 loss seasons seasons are departures from the 5 loss norm of the KF era. Kirk, staff, and every hawk fan should be very thankful they landed in the west. The big12 sucks too, don't get me wrong, but let's be realistic about bten west instead of being homers. It's just not that impressive, even with minnesota's breakout year

I wonder if the QB who played in the 2nd half and lit the clones up, actually played the entire game, would the result have been different? Maybe not, but they were much better with him under center. Overall, as many have said, the Big 12 is bad. That was some horrible football. Sunbelt>>>>>>>Big 12.

1. the big 12 is horrible, but not because what happened earlier this year, its what happens every year in bowl games, i pray we dont play an sec team, the top 5 recievers at mississippi st might be better than we have.
2. its good to be the in the big 12, we can seriously finish 3rd or 4th this year if we get close games to go our way.
3. glad that big 10 is coming back, please no more primetime acc games geesh, those are horrible to watch, would rather watch any big 10 game for sure.
4. CMC said in postgame the biggest difference between TCU and Louisiana is they were able to practice, that tells u something right there.
5. TCU will get better, but in the grand scheme they arent very good because their lines arent any good.
6. ISU has to be a better ball control team this year than they were last year, just dont know if we got the wide outs to do it. In Gm 1 our starting guard went out and his backup was horrible. Well vs TCU we got a new backup and he was very good, starting guard is day to day, and newell our center who was out last year on injury is back and having a workhorse type year, especially by ISU standards, and we now (kolar was out game 1) have 2 really good tight ends who can block and catch (kolar and soehner), our 3rd TE comes in on special packages. The one problem on offense is not having a 2nd running back, sure hall is great, but there isnt a second who can get 3 yards in tough spots like hall, holes like we saw vs tcu wont happen very often one would think vs the better teams.
7. ISU has implemented a new play! its the colin klein run, i absolutely love it, its an old play from snyder ksu days that he would run collin klein all day on, one of the best plays in college football, have to see more of that. ksu still kinds of run it but i remember it vividly from collin klein days.
8. Bottom line, limit the mistakes, keep running the football, build off that, control the clock im hoping isu can have a good year and play a pac 12 team in a bowl game.
Good post, welcome back. Wish more isu fans were this rational

You are truly the most rational Clone fan. Wish the idiots in CF were as smart as this.

Too bad Iowa just doesn't play west teams huh. I don't get comparing half a conference to a complete conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT