ADVERTISEMENT

Cole McDonald is Back! Watch & Listen for FREE (May 17, 6 pm; May 18, 6 pm; May 19, 6:30 pm)

Warren Nolan says if Iowa wins our, then our RPI will be 63. At 63 I think if we can get two wins on the 2/7 vs 3/6 side then I don't see how Iowa can be left out. That would/should give us an RPI in the mid 50's at worst.
It would also be nice if Michigan took the last two from Purdue to get them back into the top 50 and give us two additional wins there.

Reactions: Franisdaman
It would also be nice if Michigan took the last two from Purdue to get them back into the top 50 and give us two additional wins there.

Minnesota won today at Rutgers and won sole possession of the regular season B1G Championship

The reg season champ is recognized as "the" B1G champion, correct?

Minnesota won today at Rutgers and won sole possession of the regular season B1G Championship

The reg season champ is recognized as "the" B1G champion, correct?

It's just like basketball. There is a regular season champ and tournament champ. The tournament champ gets the auto bid.

We will see what Dreyer does on Saturday with the start, but at this point I think it's safe to say Schanuel has been replaced in the rotation. However, we will need him to start at some point if we want to win the B1G tournament and/or go deep into it.

I believe we could go to 5th if both Ohio State and Indiana lose tomorrow. I’d rather stay at 6/7 for pairings.

Reactions: 750075
Well it looks like Purdue, Michigan, and Iowa are all going to be fighting it out for a spot. They’re all in the last 5 out for D1 Baseball.
The B1G tournament is gonna be intense; will be interesting to see if we play nervous or if we come out with fire, where our pitching and hitting are both spot on

It will be intense. I don't see how Michigan can really even be considered at this point. They've lost the first two games to Purdue this weekend and are now 4-7 in the Big 10 since they came to Iowa at 11-0. It just proves how weak their first half of the conference season was.

Regular season finale tonight at #Banks!

6:30 p.m. first pitch!

#GameDay #SeniorDay #Hawkeyes

DdkepPVVMAA9s0D.jpg

Ddk5NNaVMAAPM_h.jpg

COVERAGE FROM LAST NIGHT'S GAME

Cole McDonald thought 3 weeks ago he was facing another Tommy John surgery. Instead, he was OK. Friday, he brought the heat (94 mph) in a key @UIBaseball win against Penn State. Story, pics & videos from HawkCentral/the Des Moines Register from last night's win: https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...ack-rick-heller-big-ten-penn-state/625167002/

Some more video coverage:

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW

Ddh5XWfVAAA-0Rt.jpg

DdhlZWnVAAABmBF.jpg

Michigan is 2-7 vs RPI Top 50, 5-4 vs 51-100, 0-1 vs 101-150, and 25-4 vs RPI 151-297. They have 32 total wins and 25 of them are against the worst of the worst.

Purdue is 3-7 vs RPI Top 50, 7-3 vs 51-100, 3-3 vs 101-150, and 19-3 vs 151-297.

Iowa is 8-8 vs RPI Top 50, 3-4 vs 51-100, 2-2 vs 101-150, and 15-4 vs 151-297.

Yet Iowa has the worst RPI of the group by 11 spots.

Iowa's RPI fell more taking 2/3 from Oklahoma State and their top 25 RPI than it has winning two against PSU and their 234 RPI.

If you use these links, it would be nice hearing from you! Damn it @funnyfletcher , where are you today? :)

Tonight's game is on ESPNU.

One video streaming option is using the VLC Media player:
[URL='http://wiz1.net/channel75']
VLC Link [/URL]

A second option: If you use the video link that follows, follow these 4 steps:

(1) You MUST have an ad blocker on. Otherwise you will be bombarded with ads.

Here is the Link to "U Block" ad blocker: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

(2) When you click on the video link below, you will see this message: "Advertisement can be closed..." An "X" will then appear under that message. Click on that X. The game should begin to stream. IF NOT, REFRESH the window and try again.

(3) If the game freezes up, see (2) above.

(4) Here is a test for you; if you have problems getting the ESPN link in this step to work, please ask questions now. If you have no problems getting this link to work, you should have no problems with streaming the Iowa/ Penn State game tonight. This is the link for ESPN: http://wiz1.net/espn Can you get it to work with no problem? At 1:30 pm CT an NCAA tournament softball game was streaming with great picture quality.

IF YOU FOLLOWED THE 4 STEPS ABOVE, HERE ARE ALL THE LINKS YOU NEED:

NOTE: Coming into this game,
Penn State's RPI was 233 and their overall strength of schedule was 130. Iowa's RPI was 65 and their overall strength of schedule was 98.

Sat May 19 Penn State Streaming VIDEO Link: http://wiz1.net/channel75

FREE RADIO LINK (Pregame show begins 30 min prior to start time): https://tunein.com/radio/Iowa-Hawkeye-Sports-Network-s231143/

LIVE STATS
: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=197790

BONUS COVERAGE:

There appears to be ZERO interest in other games so I won't waste my time and yours in listing links for other games. Any Rankings Listed would have been the RPI Rankings.

Enjoy the game!

GO HAWKS!!!

Last edited:
Michigan is 2-7 vs RPI Top 50, 5-4 vs 51-100, 0-1 vs 101-150, and 25-4 vs RPI 151-297. They have 32 total wins and 25 of them are against the worst of the worst.

Purdue is 3-7 vs RPI Top 50, 7-3 vs 51-100, 3-3 vs 101-150, and 19-3 vs 151-297.

Iowa is 8-8 vs RPI Top 50, 3-4 vs 51-100, 2-2 vs 101-150, and 15-4 vs 151-297.

Yet Iowa has the worst RPI of the group by 11 spots.

I love Heller and I love how he made the non conf schedule as challenging as possible. I think getting Missouri and OK State to come to Iowa City was huge. I wonder how Heller pulled that off? Does he have good personal relationships with the Mizzou and OK State coaches? That both schools (an SEC and a Big 12) would want to come to Iowa City in the middle of the week says a lot about Heller and where the Iowa program is nationally, imo.

I love Heller and I love how he made the non conf schedule as challenging as possible. I think getting Missouri and OK State to come to Iowa City was huge. I wonder how Heller pulled that off? Does he have good personal relationships with the Mizzou and OK State coaches? That both schools (an SEC and a Big 12) would want to come to Iowa City in the middle of the week says a lot about Heller and where the Iowa program is nationally, imo.

My guess is and this is pure speculation that Iowa is returning to Oklahoma State next season. They did do a home/home with Michigan a few years ago.

Mizzou was a late add. I believe Mizzou saw it mutually beneficially at the time because they are a bubble team and Iowa was Top 50 RPI.

MSU up on Ohio State and Iowa beating PSU would put Iowa in 6th in the B1G and playing at 9am on Wednesday. Yuck! I was hoping to avoid the 9am game.

If that holds and Indiana gets beat I believe it moves us up to 5. If that were to happen we’d play either Mich or Illinois depending on their outcomes.

It’s showing on their website that today’s game was moved to 5 pm tonight because of weather.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT