ADVERTISEMENT

Combine

Why do you think Josey's stock dropped? Everybody on the telecast was saying that's what they expected him to run and that several teams loved his tape. Don't think his 40 time hurt his stock at all.

NFL.com

Losers

Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa: The instinctive tackling machine is an outstanding football player, but his disappointing workout highlighted his athletic limitations. Jewell posted a pedestrian 4.82-second 40-yard dash and didn't impress in change-of-direction drills. Although his game tape suggests he's a terrific player, it's hard to justify a high pick on an inside linebacker that runs slower than a 4.7-second 40.

Meh. I don't think it's gonna make a huge difference. His 3 cone time was outstanding and a few of his other tests were good as well. Saw several tweets and comments from NFL guys today that said they trust the tape and he's still going go on in the first half of day 3. If he runs a little better at the pro day he'll be just fine.

Meh. I don't think it's gonna make a huge difference. His 3 cone time was outstanding and a few of his other tests were good as well. Saw several tweets and comments from NFL guys today that said they trust the tape and he's still going go on in the first half of day 3. If he runs a little better at the pro day he'll be just fine.
By saying loser I believe they thought with a huge day he may of move himself into the 1st or 2nd round instead he provably will stay in the 3rd or 4th round where he was labeled coming in he won't drop below that.

By saying loser I believe they thought with a huge day he may of move himself into the 1st or 2nd round instead he provably will stay in the 3rd or 4th round where he was labeled coming in he won't drop below that.

That makes sense. But if people were really thinking he had a chance to show out at an event like the combine, then I don't think they know much about him.

Reactions: bigfridaynite
Josey Jewell: 4.82 40; 18 Reps; 33 Vert; 117 BJ; 6.8 3-C; 4.27 20 Sh.

James Morris: 4.80 40; 18 Reps; 34.5 Vert; 117 BJ; 6.94 3-C; 4.36 20 Sh.

James gets paid to play football, but doesn't play on Sundays. Hopefully, Josey will make one teams final cut.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
Josey was a better a on-field player than James. Also, Josey's 3 cone and shuttle times are quite good. Suggests he can move laterally in coverage. just perhaps need to avoid getting him isolated on player's running vertical routes.

Big day for Josh Jackson. Mike Mayock just said that he is probably number 1 or number 2 on the list of prospects that teams are most interested in seeing how fast he runs at today's session. Thinks that if he gets in the low to mid 4.4s he will cement himself as a front half of the 1st round selection.

Josh just did very well in the gauntlet drill where they run on the line and catch balls from different angles. Mayock said that he thinks he has the best hands of any DB in the draft.

Last edited:

Link?

Reactions: Lew Masterson
NFL.com

Losers

Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa: The instinctive tackling machine is an outstanding football player, but his disappointing workout highlighted his athletic limitations. Jewell posted a pedestrian 4.82-second 40-yard dash and didn't impress in change-of-direction drills. Although his game tape suggests he's a terrific player, it's hard to justify a high pick on an inside linebacker that runs slower than a 4.7-second 40.
This exactly the line of thinking that has enabled the Patriots to snag so many players who were passed up by other teams. All they need is to see the game film. "Although his game tape suggests he's a terrific player...." Well, that's all you really need to know. Some fine athletes out there are who aren't good football players. Just sayin...

NFL.com

Losers

It only takes one team to decide his body of work out weighs his being sub par in the underwear olympics. :)

Measureables weren't going to be on Josey's side. He might go higher if the right team ignores them and goes for his playing instincts and toughness.

Josey Jewell: 4.82 40; 18 Reps; 33 Vert; 117 BJ; 6.8 3-C; 4.27 20 Sh.

James Morris: 4.80 40; 18 Reps; 34.5 Vert; 117 BJ; 6.94 3-C; 4.36 20 Sh.

James gets paid to play football, but doesn't play on Sundays. Hopefully, Josey will make one teams final cut.

Who was the last Iowa MLB that got real playing time in the NFL??? Why do the Iowa MLB seem so good at Iowa then get to the NFL and can barley make a roster?? Good luck the Josey l, I hope he gets he gets drafted and gets a real shot to turn heads..

Who was the last Iowa MLB that got real playing time in the NFL??? Why do the Iowa MLB seem so good at Iowa then get to the NFL and can barley make a roster?? Good luck the Josey l, I hope he gets he gets drafted and gets a real shot to turn heads..
Angerer? Idk how much he played but Ik he was solid when not injured

Reactions: dbrocket
It only takes one team to decide his body of work out weighs his being sub par in the underwear olympics. :)

Body of work vs many guys who will not be playing on Sundays too.
Game moves a little faster at the NFL level.
Can JJ adapt?
He'll make a team I think, but not sure if he'll make an immediate impact.

Can JJ adapt?
It will be interesting. I'd heard that Greenway didn't run much faster at the combine and he had an impactful career. Does anyone know how Pat A. ran? He was also making a splash with the Colts before the injury bug took him down.

i believe Jewell's 3 cone drill and 20 yd shuttle was very good comparing to other Iowa players in past in fact his 3 cone was the 9th fastest in Combines since 1987. I'm thinking he will be just fine going forward

Reactions: kceasthawk
Hawkeye runs a fast 40, Iowa fans be like "YEEEEAHH BUDDY! Killin it! Gonna be nasty at the next level, look out!"
Hawkeye runs a slow 40, Iowa fans be like "Uh, so what. Watch the tape."
lolz.

Just having fun. Will be a fun draft to watch.

Can JJ adapt?
and little bobby did a lot of his work against guys that weren't headed to the nfl
and king did a lot of his work vs them too
as well as everyone in between em as well as before and after
yada yada yada
BTW this is the b1g not the mac......

and little bobby did a lot of his work against guys that weren't headed to the nfl
and king did a lot of his work vs them too
as well as everyone in between em as well as before and after
yada yada yada
BTW this is the b1g not the mac......
B1G not the MAC!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT