ADVERTISEMENT

Combine

So you should be able to line up across from them and beat them huh???
I cant believe how dense people can be on here.
flat,750x1000,075,t.jpg

Well it does make you wonder why are running game is so sub Wisconsin when we put so many lineman in the pros.

Any thoughts anyone ? It seems like our running game should be better with this kind of talent. No ?

Have you witnessed our inability and inconsistency in the passing game the last few years?

Well it does make you wonder why our running game is so sub Wisconsin when we put so many lineman in the pros.

Any thoughts anyone ? It seems like our running game should be better with this kind of talent. No ?

As a developmental program, I feel that a lot of years, we have two great NFL prospects starting, a good player, and two guys who haven't quite developed. This year, our tackles were super young and super raw. Two great lineman in Welsh and Daniels couldn't make up for that.

As a developmental program, I feel that a lot of years, we have two great NFL prospects starting, a good player, and two guys who haven't quite developed. This year, our tackles were super young and super raw. Two great lineman in Welsh and Daniels couldn't make up for that.

I concur that sounds like solid reasoning. Darn it. Hayden spoiled me with better line play.

Reactions: ichawk24
Most comparable 195 pound running backs I could find from recent years. Trey williams ran a 4.49... prince tyson gulley ran 4.54 was labelled undersized and lacking quickness, Dee Hart 4.8 double acl didn't get a look. Hopefully the on the field production outweighs a clipboard number for AW.

Most comparable 195 pound running backs I could find from recent years. Trey williams ran a 4.49... prince tyson gulley ran 4.54 was labelled undersized and lacking quickness, Dee Hart 4.8 double acl didn't get a look. Hopefully the on the field production outweighs a clipboard number for AW.

That's the thing about football. You have to catch them, then tackle them. Wadley has an innate ability to make people miss, something that can't be evaluated in a drill.

That's the thing about football. You have to catch them, then tackle them. Wadley has an innate ability to make people miss, something that can't be evaluated in a drill.
he has been tackled before.

seriously though, this time WILL matter. A smallish RB who is not in the 4.46 range or better? eh.

Tarik Cohen went in the 4th round w a 4.42.For smaller backs, 40 time is a pretty big deal.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
Bad 40 time from AW may mean he slides to a team that really wants him and uses him efficiently, a la Desmond King.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
This exactly. I'm not saying that speed isn't important, but have you ever seen anyone catch Wadley from behind? You have to look at it like this. If the RB breaks through the hole and runs past a DB, unless that DB is running in that same direction, even if he runs a 4.4 compared to the RB running a 4.54, he still will not catch this guy in 60 or 70 yards. He'll catch him if they both start from a stop at the same point, otherwise its not relevant. Everything I read about Wadley's evaluation was that he does not have elite speed, so they know this already. Its his ability to cut, and stop and restart, at almost top speed that makes him unusual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT