ADVERTISEMENT

*****Conference Tournament games thread*****

Keep an eye on Vandy and Kentucky on ESPN. Vandy looks damn good the past few days. Why did they struggle during year?

You know who doesn't love this all out whackiness of the BTT??

Bubble teams across the nation!

But since Iowa is ultra secure, I am LOVING it!!

• Love
Reactions: Hawksfor3
Until they lose tomorrow or Saturday, Hawks are playing for the 4 line, imo.

I think they'll probably be on the 4-line no matter the result on Sunday, but if beat Illinois on Saturday and then either Wisconsin or Purdue on Sunday, could make a decent argument for them flirting with a 3-seed.

What if I told you it is a real possibility none of those teams are left? I think that Purdue is about to go but PSU is playing so tough.

What if I told you it is a real possibility none of those teams are left? I think that Purdue is about to go but PSU is playing so tough.
I thought the BTT this year would be crazy with a lot of hard-fought close games, just because of how good the league was top to bottom, but not (possibly!) the level of "no Top 4 seeds in the Semifinals" crazy!

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Reactions: Joes Place
I thought the BTT this year would be crazy with a lot of hard-fought close games, just because of how good the league was top to bottom, but not (possibly!) the level of "no Top 4 seeds in the Semifinals" crazy!
I'm probably not remembering this correctly but didn't this sort of thing happen in one of Alford's championships (BTT Champions)? Seems to me in one of them, all the top seeds kept getting eliminated, paving the way for us.

I'm probably not remembering this correctly but didn't this sort of thing happen in one of Alford's championships (BTT Champions)? Seems to me in one of them, all the top seeds kept getting eliminated paving the way for us.
You're right, it was Iowa's first BTT championship. 4 games in 4 days.

If I remember right, Penn St was one of the victims on that championship run. Semifinal Saturday, I believe is when Iowa beat them that year. Then took down Indiana in the CG.

Ol' Brody Boyd hitting deep 3s.

Damn. Looks like Purdue's night tonight. Sucks, but oh well.

Hopefully Michigan St has something for them (again) tomorrow.

[I think MSU would be easier to knock off, especially since Iowa will be facing two 'home teams' - just based on size of crowds - in a row if have to play Purdue on Sunday]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT