ADVERTISEMENT

Connor=Lil Lick 2.0

I’ve been calling him “Lil McCaff” for a while now. Looks lost and poses no threat whatsoever. Does not look like a D1 basketball player.

Wasn’t he a top 150 recruit?
Cook was like top 50
Weiskamp top 50 as well.

I think either those rankings were off, OR maybe the program is off. I’m leaning more towards the program.

Let’s be real, he’s 10x the player lil Lick was. He’s still not good right now, but he’s also just a freshman.
He literally can’t shoot past 15 feet
No, he literally can't shoot. What do you expect? He's only a guard and a coach's son. Those types a players never possess good shooting skills. Lol. Worst guard at shooting in the country on a P5 school hands down. Go to baseball since the balls are small as is yours you talentless piece of s**t.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
No, he literally can't shoot. What do you expect? He's only a guard and a coach's son. Those types a players never possess good shooting skills. Lol. Worst guard at shooting in the country on a P5 school hands down. Go to baseball since the balls are small as is yours you talentless piece of s**t.

Post of the year in the category of "most worthless piece of shit, loser, douchebag, talentless piece of shit, dipshit poster ever to exist on the planet". You and your family should be so proud!

Connor plays way too much. He should only see the floor 8-10 max to give JBo a spell. For as many minutes he gets amazing how ineffective he is. Plus you’d think for being a coaches son he could shoot at least half way decently.

You re overlooking how poorly JBo playing at pG. that’s why Conner playing. Two turnovers on first two possessions doesn’t cut it

Conner is mindf****d in the same way that Gessell was. He was a decent (not great) shooter in high school, making 41% of his 3's his senior year. If left open, he should be able to confidently knock down a reasonable percentage of his shots. Now he's lucky to get a wide-open shot anywhere inside the rim. Many players internalize negative feedback more than they respond positively to it, and he appears to be one of them.

The majority of players on this team are not playing with joy. And it's hard to be better at something (your job) when the person you're competing with loves it (his job) more than you do.

Considering all that has occurred during Coach McCaffery's tenure (some of it good), I find it very difficult to envision the program being in better condition 2-4 years from now than it is during this season. Unless he is able to rally this team (with players who will presumably be returning), I don't see how he can be retained as the coach of the University of Iowa's men's basketball team.

Sigh.....

DeliriousFarawayCaterpillar-size_restricted.gif

You re overlooking how poorly JBo playing at pG. that’s why Conner playing. Two turnovers on first two possessions doesn’t cut it
Exactly...JBo couldn't be playing worse at that PG position. There are much bigger problems with the way the team is playing than the PG position. If you do not realize that then keep pushing the "coaches kid" narrative.....its easy and immediately shows intelligence.

Exactly...JBo couldn't be playing worse at that PG position. There are much bigger problems with the way the team is playing than the PG position. If you do not realize that then keep pushing the "coaches kid" narrative.....its easy and immediately shows intelligence.

You are right coach would be first to go then conner then his other kid. we do not have one guard on this team who would be starting on any other big ten team. Fran has a piss poor eye for talent. I like garza but after the woody debacle its time to get away from these slow white guys who can't jump.

Conner is playing point guard. HE IS NOT A POINT GUARD. He's really not much of anything. He's not a 2 or a 3 either. The fact is, he wouldn't see the court for another P5 school. This IS NOT his fault. This falls squarely on Fran and his assistants for piss poor recruiting.

I think people forget Connor is a big reason why we won that tournament in New York earlier in the season, and a big reason why we beat ISU. He is not good right now, but no one on the team is playing well right now.

It’s hard to blame any one person at this time as most everyone is playing their worst ball since last year. Not sure how a whole team checks out like this. It’s too bad as they really had a good thing going at 20-5.

As far as CMac goes, besides the poor shooting, I’m really bothered by the constant pounding of the ball and going nowhere with it. There are possessions he will dribble 15+ times and move 10 feet. His routine seems to have become catch, dribble has hard as you can for 10 seconds and throw a pass to someone 23 feet from the hoop. It seemed he was pretty good at feeding the post early on.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT