ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean going #15 Overall in this NFL Mock Draft

F it, I’ll take that bet. I think he’s gonna be a combine monster on top of his on field productivity.

Loser donates $25 to Wrestling For Life?
I love these fake bets. Mine is I bets million dollars he is a first rounder.

In this mock draft he is going #32 in the first round to the Baltimore Ravens.

Click on the USA Today link in the tweet to take you to the story.

Iowa needs to unleash the NIL opportunities , Teams are already trying to push Him to safety and He is dropping due to the injury and biases saying He cant play CB, He should come back , get paid and prove the Bigots they are wrong

Listen to Cooper's comments from the time of his commitment until the present. He is consistent and steady in his values, just as one would expect from such a young man. I have no worries about his choices or direction in life. All the best to him!

Story from this morning:

DeJean's newest recognition comes from ESPN’s Field Yates and his top 25 prospects for the 2024 NFL draft. Yates has DeJean as the No. 19 overall player entering this year’s upcoming draft.

DeJean — whose season ended early with a leg injury — stood out not just as a cornerback but also as one of the most feared returners in college football. His explosiveness shows up all over the field, and he’s an interception waiting to happen (he had seven over the past two seasons, returning three for a touchdown). DeJean has the skill to play either corner or safety, but his natural position of cornerback is such a premium in the NFL. – Yates, ESPN

Listed #8 here.

PFF has Cooper as the #8 overall prospect but as the #1 overall cornerback.

1. CB COOPER DEJEAN, IOWA

BIG BOARD RANK: 8

DeJean is one of the most well-rounded athletes in college football. He can play outside cornerback, slot cornerback and even safety due to his size (6-foot-1 and 205 pounds) and speed combo. He also has some of the best ball skills of any defensive back in the class. He's one of the draft's top playmakers.

Link to the Story:

In yesterday's CBS Sports Mock Draft, Cooper is barely in the first round.

Round 1 - Pick 32, Baltimore Ravens

player headshot
Cooper DeJean CB
IOWA • JR • 6'1" / 207 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM​

Baltimore

PROSPECT RNK​

20th

POSITION RNK​

3rd

Marlon Humphrey has struggled to stay healthy and the team lacks a long-term option on the other side. Former special teams coach John Harbaugh will probably appreciate that Cooper DeJean offers return ability in addition to his role on the defense.

The full story:

If his combine numbers, are as good as is speculated, he’ll go 1st round. His conditioning coach indicated he as very positive he can run sub 4.4. With his leaping ability in basketball. He will be a combine freak!!

i think you are right; he's gonna crush the combine

My Dolphins need some serious help at DB because they can't tackle to save their lives! If he's there at #21, he'd be a great addition to my Phins!!

Today's Pro Football Network Mock Draft:

22) Philadelphia Eagles: Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

The Eagles need secondary help, and after a quality 2022 out of their veteran cornerback group, there was a sharp decline in 2023.

DeJean adds unique skill to the group and has a chance to come in and make an immediate impact both on defense and in the special-teams room.

Reactions: Franisdaman
#17 in this ESPN mock draft from today.

The story:

Iowa's Cooper DeJean is headed South in ESPN's 2024 NFL Mock Draft

Riley Donald

January 23, 2024 8:30 am CT

USATSI_21187935.jpg

Everyone is looking to head south this time of year as the Iowa and midwestern winters can be brutal. Iowa’s Cooper DeJean may get a permanent trip south with a new landing spot in a recent mock draft.

In ESPN’s new 2024 NFL mock draft, their draft guru, Mel Kiper, has the Iowa Hawkeyes defensive back headed south to join the Jacksonville Jaguars as the No. 17 pick overall in the first round.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars , Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa: DeJean, who was having an All-America season before he broke his leg in November, allowed just 3.5 yards per attempt as the nearest defender in coverage this past season. He had seven interceptions from 2022-23, including three pick-sixes. He could play in the slot or outside, making him a nice complementary corner with Darious Williams and Tyson Campbell. – Mel Kiper, ESPN

Mel Kiper has DeJean as the third cornerback off of the board in the draft following Clemson’s Nate Wiggins drafted at No. 11 by the Minnesota Vikings and Alabama’s Terrion Arnold drafted by the Las Vegas Raiders at No. 13.

Cooper DeJean is trending among the first round right now and with a strong showing in his pro day at Iowa and the NFL Combine should he attend, it won’t be long until his name is called.

The first round 2024 NFL Draft is set for Thursday, April 25 in Detroit, Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT