ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean going #15 Overall in this NFL Mock Draft

No question. Somewhere in the 15-25 pick overall.

Going #20 in this mock draft from yesterday (Arizona Republic's Bob McManaman).

20. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-7): CB Cooper DeJean, 6-1, 207, Iowa

They nailed last year’s first-round pick with cornerback Joey Porter Jr., but it’s clear the Steelers need another standout starting outside corner to pair with him. DeJean could easily be the answer if this is how the draft board should fall. Keep your eyes on Alabama corner Terrion Arnold, too.

yqoR4h1Kr0q32XLHhQFhzw.jpg

Just because , Go be great Cooper , Just had this one graded /50 Gold

Reactions: Franisdaman
Pro Football Network has Cooper going #12.

12) Denver Broncos: Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

With Patrick Surtain II already in Denver, the Broncos have their CB1. But what an opportunity this would be for the franchise.

Cooper DeJean is an absolute ball hawk, and Denver can move him around while knowing they have Surtain to lock down one side of the field. That would make a scary proposition for anyone facing this secondary.

Their full mock draft:

Reactions: BustingNarratives
In today's ESPN latest NFL mock draft it has the Packers using their first-round pick, No. 25 overall, on Iowa’s Cooper DeJean.

There is a code-red need at cornerback for the Packers, and with new defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley joining the team, it’s imperative they land someone who can excel in press-man situations. DeJean can do it all; he’ll play outside corner, safety, nickel corner and even punt returner.

The 6-foot-1, 207-pounder grabbed seven interceptions in the past two years and ran three of them back for touchdowns (while also taking a punt back for a score). DeJean is a master in coverage, and he’s the kind of playmaker Green Bay doesn’t have in its current secondary.

– Matt Miller, ESPN

The FULL STORY:

Here is Pro Football Network's mock draft from yesterday, Feb 7th.

11) Minnesota Vikings: Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

The Vikings may become torn between Terrion Arnold or Cooper DeJean at No. 11.

PFN NFL Insider Adam Caplan recently spoke with a “high-level scouting source” who told him DeJean is a top-five talent. DeJean is a fleet-footed option as a gap closer with his speed and click-and-close ability. He’s also shown a knack for being a processor in knowing when to jump on routes and adjust his hip direction.

MORE: Will the Vikings Move Up for a Quarterback in 2024?

Link to Story:

Could go anywhere from 10 to 32. Seems to be a solid first rounder. Nice, I like watching the draft every year but it's especially better when we have 1st round guys chosen. Last year was probably my favorite one.

Could go anywhere from 10 to 32. Seems to be a solid first rounder. Nice, I like watching the draft every year but it's especially better when we have 1st round guys chosen. Last year was probably my favorite one.

Most mock drafts have him going in the 1st round. I would imagine the feedback he got before he declared for the NFL Draft said he was a 1st rounder, too

Cooper is going #15 overall in The Sporting News Feb 9 Mock Draft.

15. Indianapolis Colts (9-8)

• Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa (6-1, 209 pounds)
The Colts need to upgrade their secondary, and DeJean, coming out of the same school as Colts' legend Bob Sanders, is the kind of versatile outside-inside playmaker they could use. DeJean is physical and a dynamic playmaker.

Well, at least there is consensus among all of these draft “experts“. Maybe I will start one. Fill it with some stock bullshit about each player and then list him as the number five pack in the draft, just to be credible and not blow my cover by making him the first pick.

Cooper is going #15 overall in Yahoo Sports' latest Mock Draft.

15. Indianapolis Colts — Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

Julian Blackmon and Kenny Moore are free agents, and the Colts sure wouldn’t mind having another outside cornerback option opposite of JuJu Brents. DeJean has Pro Bowl upside at any spot in the defensive backfield, be it outside cornerback, slot or safety. He’s über-athletic and über-skilled and will let defensive coordinator Gus Bradley put his best group out there no matter what.

Cooper is going #19 overall in the San Diego Union Tribune's latest Mock Draft.

19. L.A. Rams (10-7) — Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa, Jr.

We witnessed the Rams’ defense undergo a youth movement last season. Adding difference makers in the secondary and rushing the passer via free agency and the draft should allow the group to take a step forward in 2024.

DeJean can play outside or inside at cornerback, and even safety due to his size (6-1, 207) and speed combo.

He’s also one of this draft’s premier playmakers.

The Rams' Top Needs: IOL, DB, LB

Cooper is going #19 overall in the San Diego Union Tribune's latest Mock Draft.

19. L.A. Rams (10-7) — Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa, Jr.

We witnessed the Rams’ defense undergo a youth movement last season. Adding difference makers in the secondary and rushing the passer via free agency and the draft should allow the group to take a step forward in 2024.

DeJean can play outside or inside at cornerback, and even safety due to his size (6-1, 207) and speed combo.

He’s also one of this draft’s premier playmakers.

The Rams' Top Needs: IOL, DB, LB

If the pundits collectively know anything, I would be surprised if he didn’t go the packers at 25.

If the pundits collectively know anything, I would be surprised if he didn’t go the packers at 25.

Not to state the obvious, but I think where he lands in the 1st round all comes down to how well he performs at the NFL Combine and/or Iowa's Pro Day.

Can't wait to see his 40 time, etc. The guy's a freak when healthy.

15. Indianapolis Colts — Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa​

Julian Blackmon and Kenny Moore are free agents, and the Colts sure wouldn’t mind having another outside cornerback option opposite of JuJu Brents.

DeJean has Pro Bowl upside at any spot in the defensive backfield, be it outside cornerback, slot or safety. He’s über-athletic and über-skilled and will let defensive coordinator Gus Bradley put his best group out there no matter what.

15. Indianapolis Colts — Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa​

Julian Blackmon and Kenny Moore are free agents, and the Colts sure wouldn’t mind having another outside cornerback option opposite of JuJu Brents.

DeJean has Pro Bowl upside at any spot in the defensive backfield, be it outside cornerback, slot or safety. He’s über-athletic and über-skilled and will let defensive coordinator Gus Bradley put his best group out there no matter what.

No one really knows, obviously, but that was the only mock draft I saw predicting that. Most of them having him falling to the Packers at 25.

No one really knows, obviously, but that was the only mock draft I saw predicting that. Most of them having him falling to the Packers at 25.

Cooper is going #29 overall in this latest CBS Sports Mock Draft.

If he's available, I don't think the Lions would hesitate drafting another Hawkeye.

Round 1 - Pick 29
player headshot

Cooper DeJean CB
IOWA • JR • 6'1" / 207 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM​

Detroit

PROSPECT RNK​

22nd

POSITION RNK​

4th

How fun would Brian Branch and DeJean be in the Lions secondary?

• Love
Reactions: Tenacious E
Cooper is going #29 overall in this latest CBS Sports Mock Draft.

If he's available, I don't think the Lions would hesitate drafting another Hawkeye.

Round 1 - Pick 29
player headshot

Cooper DeJean CB
IOWA • JR • 6'1" / 207 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM​

Detroit

PROSPECT RNK​

22nd

POSITION RNK​

4th

How fun would Brian Branch and DeJean be in the Lions secondary?

Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Steelers radio are hearing predictions of him being the 1st defensive pick in the draft. Who knows... but the steelers desperately need a corner and rave about him, but think he will be long gone by pick 20

Reactions: Tenacious E
Steelers radio are hearing predictions of him being the 1st defensive pick in the draft. Who knows... but the steelers desperately need a corner and rave about him, but think he will be long gone by pick 20
Sounds like subterfuge but damn that would be incredible.

Good points made here by John of the Cedar Rapids Gazette (see tweet below).

Tyler didn't fall out of the 1st round because of injury and not being able to participate in the NFL Combine. Instead, Tyler was picked #25 overall.

Tyler's earnings so far:

$7,512,844: in 2022-23 (included a $6.8M signing bonus)
$1,306,740: in 2023-24
$8,819,584 TOTAL
===============

Tyler is scheduled to earn $1,908,481 in 2024-25.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT