ADVERTISEMENT

Covid-19 is killing children at an astounding rate

Joe, I don't know who's right on this. Over the past 5 months, the CDC and WHO have had conflicting opinions at the same time, and each have had evolving opinions.

How can you be so sure your sources are correct while others are wrong?

Joe, I don't know who's right on this. Over the past 5 months, the CDC and WHO have had conflicting opinions at the same time, and each have had evolving opinions.

What "conflicting opinions"? Be specific.

Early on, no one saw any children sick from this; they were presumed to not catch it.
Since then, we have identified infections in them, but very few severe.
Then, ~30 days following exposure, more and more children are developing severe symptoms unlike anything doctors have ever seen: Kawasaki Disease with additional cardiac problems that are very severe and life threatening - requiring ICU support, life support and ECMO.

So, if you're referring to statements at "different times" based on "different data", I think you're confused. Pay attention to the most recent (last week or two) information - even up to the last few days, and stop citing statements made months ago before the new information were avaiable.

What "conflicting opinions"? Be specific.

Early on, no one saw any children sick from this; they were presumed to not catch it.
Since then, we have identified infections in them, but very few severe.
Then, ~30 days following exposure, more and more children are developing severe symptoms unlike anything doctors have ever seen: Kawasaki Disease with additional cardiac problems that are very severe and life threatening - requiring ICU support, life support and ECMO.

So, if you're referring to statements at "different times" based on "different data", I think you're confused. Pay attention to the most recent (last week or two) information - even up to the last few days, and stop citing statements made months ago before the new information were avaiable.

Don't be obtuse. I know that's hard for you. We could start with masks. Even when the CDC switched to recommending masks, for several days they still had an FAQ page on their website explaining why masks might not help.

And you yourself are acknowledging evolution. But you also continue to harp on people using outdated data that's not outdated at all.

And last but not least, you move on to new data when it suits you, and fall back on "not peer reviewed or clinically trialed" when that suits you. You want it both ways, based on whatever position you've taken.

Don't be obtuse. I know that's hard for you. We could start with masks. Even when the CDC switched to recommending masks, for several days they still had an FAQ page on their website explaining why masks might not help.

What part of "look for the most recent information on this" is confusing for you?

I understand there were conflicting recommendations months ago. Stop bringing them up as though "we have no idea what to do now". We have better information. People simply won't follow it. The WH won't recommend it, because it will piss off Trump.

Trump's own Task Force guy wouldn't even debunk an outright lie by Trump to convey clear information to the public. So long as people will not call a spade, a spade, you are going to have 30% or more of the population ignoring anything they say, and only going with what Trump says. And that's why we are where we are here.

What part of "look for the most recent information on this" is confusing for you?

I understand there were conflicting recommendations months ago. Stop bringing them up as though "we have no idea what to do now". We have better information. People simply won't follow it. The WH won't recommend it, because it will piss off Trump.

Trump's own Task Force guy wouldn't even debunk an outright lie by Trump to convey clear information to the public. So long as people will not call a spade, a spade, you are going to have 30% or more of the population ignoring anything they say, and only going with what Trump says. And that's why we are where we are here.

Nothing about it is confusing for me, Joe. It's you who's confused.

Reactions: strummingram
https://kalkinemedia.com/au/healthc...top-gainer-on-the-asx-today-lets-find-out-why

On 6 July 2020, S&P/ASX 200 Health Care Sector settled at 42,850.1, indicating a drop of 1.79% as compared to the previous close and the benchmark index S&P/ASX 200 closed at 6,014.6 down by 0.71%.

Mesoblast was the top gainer in the S&P/ASX200 index with ~11% increase in its share price. MSB stock last quoted at A$3.750, up 11.276%. The market capitalisation of MSB stood at A$1.97 billion, with nearly 583.95 million outstanding shares on the ASX. The 52-weeks high and low price of MSB stock was noted at A$4.450 and A$1.020, respectively.

Let us delve deep and find out the reason why MSB was flying high on the ASX today:

On 6 July 2020, Mesoblast disclosed that an EAP (expanded access protocol) had been started in the US for compassionate application of its allogeneic mesenchymal stem cell drug candidate remestemcel-L for treating COVID-19 infected children having cardiovascular and other complications in multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C).

Infected people aged between 2-months to 17 years might receive one or two doses of remestemcel-L within 5-days of referral under the expanded access protocol.

The EAP was filed with the US FDA and offered doctors with access to remestemcel-L treatment for an intermediate-size patient population under existing Investigational New Drug (IND) application of Mesoblast.

As per the FDA, expanded access is a potential path for a patient having life-threatening situation or severe disease or disorder to obtain access to an investigational therapeutic product to treat outside of clinical studies when comparable or suitable alternative treatment possibilities are not available.

Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children is a life-frightening complication of coronavirus infection in healthy children as well as in adolescents that includes mammoth simultaneous inflammation of several critical organs and their vasculature.

In almost 50% of cases, this inflammation is linked with considerable complications in the cardiovascular system that directly affect the heart muscle and can result in diminished cardiac function. Moreover, the virus can cause dilation of coronary arteries without any known future concerns.
‘....a life-frightening(??) complication of coronavirus infection in “healthy” children’ LOL

The sciencedirect article you linked in another thread said that 83% of patients in one study had multiple underlying conditions.

It’s very common for immune compromised kids to get knocked the hell back when exposed to any virus: their immune system overreacts in a massive way: thus your mis-c.

The pertinent question being WHY are we seeing millions of children in the US with autoimmune diseases?

@naturalbornhawk @Nat Algren
Any ideas WHY our children might have crappy immune function?:rolleyes:

‘....a life-frightening(??) complication of coronavirus infection in “healthy” children’ LOL

The sciencedirect article you linked in another thread said that 83% of patients in one study had multiple underlying conditions.

Not in the children acquiring MIS-C.

Read the references.

Here's another nugget to munch on, that I had not noticed.

I've generally tracked cases and deaths via the World-O-Meters site, as their data seems to be the most up-to-date. Johns Hopkins site is usually a little behind them, but similar - they're just not updating as quickly.

Let's compare numbers:

US Cases:
W-O-M: 2,496,816
JH: 2,411,413
CDC Demographics: 2,030,732

Either CDC is lagging, badly, or they do not have all the data on this site.
WOMs has approximately the CDC total as of 6/8/2020, or ~two weeks ago.

US Deaths:

W-O-M: 124,844
JH: 122,482
CDC Demographics: 95,352
CDC Provisonal: 107,997

Now, the demographics CDC page lists "only 99%" of data included age-related info, so there is a small adjustment here.

But the deaths counts on the CDC Provisional Page appear current as of about 6/2/2020 per the JH/WOM numbers.
The deaths counts on the CDC Demographics Page align as of around a full month ago, 5/21/2020

So, not only do we have no explanations on the 0-4 year olds, the data presented on those CDC sites is, at a minimum, about 2-4 weeks lagging.

I can see a week lag-time, if they update things on weekends or beginnings of weeks. But 2 weeks? 4 weeks?

And on a different CDC page, they list much more current numbers:
2,374,282 cases (4-5 days lagging WOM)
121,809 deaths (~6 days lagging WOM)
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html
(If I add the 0-4 plus the 5-17 case numbers off the Demographics page, they actually match reasonably well with the 109k from this CDC link)

0-4 yr old Demographic data still list:
1583 Deaths
26,844 Cases

The CDC is likely behind 2-4 weeks bc they are a govt run organization. Making it even worse is they are a Trump run govt organization, you have one person doing work and everyone else is leaning on their shovels and watching.

Reactions: Joes Place
Not in the children acquiring MIS-C.

Read the references.
It was YOUR article I quoted. Do you even look at the stuff you post?
What did that have to do with "crappy immune function"?

They are clearing Covid-19 just fine. Then, their immune systems overreact.
Again: do you even read what you post?

Healthy immune function precludes a ‘self-destruct’ option. Unless it’s been short-circuited somehow. :rolleyes:

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
It was YOUR article I quoted. Do you even look at the stuff you post?

Again: do you even read what you post?

Healthy immune function precludes a ‘self-destruct’ option. Unless it’s been short-circuited somehow. :rolleyes:

Read the REFERENCES.

Not the NEWS MEDIA SUMMARIES

Read the REFERENCES.

Not the NEWS MEDIA SUMMARIES
I quoted directly from an article that YOU provided. Are you trying to educate & inform us or lead us on a wild goose chase?

And here all along I was thinking that ScienceDirect is ‘the world’s leading source for scientific, technical and medical research’. Now you’re telling me they’re just another media source?

So confusing :confused:

Reactions: naturalbornhawk
I quoted directly from an article that YOU provided. Are you trying to educate & inform us or lead us on a wild goose chase?

As I've told you, time and time again, go to the source documents.
News stories get some things right. They get some things wrong.

The source documents indicate this is a very very bad virus.

If you don’t want people citing the information you post cuz it might not be accurate, here’s a suggestion: link better sources.

That source was simply a business article, on a company who's stock bumped up on MIS-C news; that implies the business side of things recognizes a "market opportunity" is coming.

I've posted plenty of other core science info for you to read.

If you don’t want people citing the information you post cuz it might not be accurate, here’s a suggestion: link better sources.
Joe sure jumped all over that article I posted like 5 years ago that posted a measles death chart while talking about measles cases and said we shouldn't trust ANYTHING from a source that is guilty of mis-reporting information. I guess that only applies to sources that other people who don't share his same views posts, not his. Now all of a sudden rather than it being an indicator of a bad source, he acts as if it's some commonplace phenomenon and they are all prone to "getting things wrong". I think we have a double standard here. What a turd.

Reactions: shank hawk
That source was simply a business article, on a company who's stock bumped up on MIS-C news; that implies the business side of things recognizes a "market opportunity" is coming.

I've posted plenty of other core science info for you to read.
FFS, for the fourth time: i didn’t quote from THAT article. I cited data from the sciencedirect article you linked.

From now on maybe post a disclaimer with your linked sources?
*This information may not be relevant to the topic at hand and is mainly provided for the purpose of distraction.

Reactions: naturalbornhawk
Joe sure jumped all over that article I posted like 5 years ago that posted a measles death chart while talking about measles cases and said we shouldn't trust ANYTHING from a source that is guilty of mis-reporting information.

It was a business article, puppy.

The. NUMBERS cited, however, were take directly from the sciencedirect article. You know they refute your bullshit narrative so you keep attempting to do the runaround.

Same crap, different day.

What do they "refute"?

Which would include more deaths. If they happened. 6% some told us.
But, they have not happened.

0-4 had a higher rate at the time, 4-17 had an extremely lower rate at the time and still does. Just stating that you compare apples to apples.

Iron, you think kids 0-4 are dying from Covid at a 6% rate? Is that what you're telling me?

Because in this very thread even Joe had to admit he was wrong (eventually).

But, he did also tell us Mis-C was going to be a big problem.

Last edited:
Iron, you think kids 0-4 are dying from Covid at a 6% rate? Is that what you're telling me?

Because in this very thread even Joe had to admit he was wrong (eventually).

But, he did also tell us Mis-C was going to be a big problem.

No I don’t think that. I’m just saying you can’t compare 0-4 and then 0-17 a year later.

Reactions: BioHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT