ADVERTISEMENT

Crookham

after watching that it’s my opinion there is no way vito will be able to get down to 57kg and be effective. it looks like the cut to 133 is not easy anymore

after watching that it’s my opinion there is no way vito will be able to get down to 57kg and be effective. it looks like the cut to 133 is not easy anymore
Weight is fine. He got out-folked. Crookham is damn good and a nightmare matchup. Strong and flexible and some really good scrambling ability.

He just took it for granted how hard folk is (and how much harder is to score) - and tiring.

If Vito finishes the second shot in the first where he got a little sloppy, he's up 6-1 and doesn't need to go for broke in the third. Wins comfortably 7-2.
Not to mention if the refs will call stalling on the feet. Vito chased him all over and not a hint of a stall call. Please tell me that this is not the way the refs are going to call (or not call) stalling this year.

Not to mention if the refs will call stalling on the feet. Vito chased him all over and not a hint of a stall call. Please tell me that this is not the way the refs are going to call (or not call) stalling this year.
Of course they are. And it’s bullshit.

Like mekhi literally running to the edge at the end of his match kharchla?

Say what you want about freestyle, but they bang guys IMMEDIATELY for it.

Of course they are. And it’s bullshit.

Like mekhi literally running to the edge at the end of his match kharchla?

Say what you want about freestyle, but they bang guys IMMEDIATELY for it.
100%. Each year I get closer to thinking we should just do freestyle in college and high school. If we can’t figure out a way to lessen the role that the edge of the mat plays, then eliminate that as a possibility for defensive wrestling. Stalling is absolutely broken now.

Why not train year round in the style of the pinnacle of the sport…the Olympics.

Maybe he just took some time off after the world title. Starting off slow…?

Reactions: eb05
Was he recruited?
Why not?

Probably at least by Lehigh.

100%. Each year I get closer to thinking we should just do freestyle in college and high school. If we can’t figure out a way to lessen the role that the edge of the mat plays, then eliminate that as a possibility for defensive wrestling. Stalling is absolutely broken now.

Why not train year round in the style of the pinnacle of the sport…the Olympics.

They don’t enforce rules in the books for folk style. Why would they suddenly start doing it in FS?

Vito not attempting to put on a hard ride when he got the takedown w/47 sec left in the first period turned out to be a four point swing as Crookham got the counter takedown at the end of the first. Crookham did get a stall call w/23 sec left in the first (in the third period the announcer mistakenly said Crookham had no stall calls on him).

Probably at least by Lehigh.

They don’t enforce rules in the books for folk style. Why would they suddenly start doing it in FS?
You can’t use the edge as a last ditch defensive effort. There’s no escaping a sticky situation by just leaving the mat. Leave the mat in freestyle and you’ve given up a point. If they won’t call stalling then they should at least penalize a guy for leaving the mat. Make it black and white. A step out rule eliminates the need for a ref to judge edge stalling.

I’m a folkstyle fan. But there are parts of freestyle that could be implemented to improve the product and make matches more entertaining. I have additional ideas but I’ll spare you them for the time being.

Last edited:
Plus maybe a caution +1 for fleeing to go with that push out.
I’m fine with that. Keep the action going or suffer the consequences. This gets us back to a judgement call for the ref but if the only way you can prevent a take down is by using the edge of the mat then I don’t have sympathy for any wrestler being hit with a caution and 1.

Crookham earned the win, but let's just say Vito was not at his top form. He just had the season of his life capped off with a gold at worlds, I would say he most likely lived a bit after. Besides The Ive's are notorious at easing into the season and peaking in March especially the Jr's and Sr's ame especially at Cornell.
'Crookham is completely legit and has to be considered a top 133lber, but my money is on vito late in the season.

Crookham earned the win, but let's just say Vito was not at his top form. He just had the season of his life capped off with a gold at worlds, I would say he most likely lived a bit after. Besides The Ive's are notorious at easing into the season and peaking in March especially the Jr's and Sr's ame especially at Cornell.
'Crookham is completely legit and has to be considered a top 133lber, but my money is on vito late in the season.

Good point and really true of a lot of places. It seems a lot of people are overreacting a bit to early season match results this year.

Reactions: Grip220
Maybe he just took some time off after the world title. Starting off slow…?

that is possible. but it would be a lot better for spencer if vito is too big for 57kg so let’s speak it into existence that vito is still growing and should be 65kg.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
The question of why isn't freestyle used in college wrestling? Could it be there simply aren't enough officials who understand the rules to go around? Getting officials for any sport is becoming a problem.

We have Teske AND CS. And we like our guys:
Have you finally rotted out your brain so badly that you can't come up with anything else to say?

Good God every thread I see El dumbass saying "we like our guys".

We literally went hard after a 33 lber (Nagao) to replace "our guys".

But hey hopefully we can get a commitment from that O'Toole kid I've been hearing about. Smh.

Have you finally rotted out your brain so badly that you can't come up with anything else to say?

But hey hopefully we can get a commitment from that O'Toole kid I've been hearing about. Smh.

LMAO...this. This x 1000.

choose-choice.gif

Makes sense to me, some of the wrestlers actually use the folk to their advantage. Little bit of a double edged sword.
Taylor and Zain abuse guys with folk moves that their opponents aren't used to countering. Those are the top 2 that come to mind.
In conclusion it would seem that our product would be better if we went the world way, which is freestyle.

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
Agreed, wakeup call for Vito. I don't think he loses another match this year.

Reactions: Hawkgma
Makes sense to me, some of the wrestlers actually use the folk to their advantage. Little bit of a double edged sword.
Taylor and Zain abuse guys with folk moves that their opponents aren't used to countering. Those are the top 2 that come to mind.
In conclusion it would seem that our product woukd be better if we went the world way, which is freestyle.
Kueter pinned the guy he wrestled to win his U20 gold….so yeah good point.

I think Ben even alluded to him catching the guy off guard with it.

Kueter pinned the guy he wrestled to win his U20 gold….so yeah good point.

I think Ben even alluded to him catching the guy off guard with it.
I thought Keuter in the finals but I couldn't remember. Taylor and Zain use folk all the time.
Taylor is the master of implementing it in freestyle. Guys are like wth just happened?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT