ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal Ball rankings

With Lee bulking up and probably not wrestling to many matches, do you think he will give up a point this season? If he gets the 1st TD each match look out, as it might be possible with the added bulk

@MitchLL You heading down to FL for that one?
Read on their forum the wrestleoff results from last weekend. That super highly rated freshman from Michigan beat a likely career "room guy" 6-5 at 141. I know he'll improve, but it probably brought Clone fans back to earth on expectations for him.

And Broderson is still Broderson, got stuck by an undersized true freshman. I remember when he committed to ISU how we had a few posters on this forum lamenting that Iowa missed on him. Iowa didn't miss on anything there.

Dresser is in year 6/7? and they still aren't sniffing top ten at Nattys if the preseason rankings hint at anything. He's just lucky no expectations exist in Ames. He'd have been run out of IC with the results he's had at ISU long before now.

Last edited:
Hoping Schultz goes undefeated and gets the 1 seed with Cass getting the 4. I think he is in the finals with Kerk and wins.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
I love Abe. But 184 was really weird. and all you have to do to confirm is take another look at the consi side of NCAA's last year. Abe could certainly AA.
certainly not consistent enough to predict it at this point, but he's got tools to do well. it just feels like we've been projecting that "next step" for a few years now.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I love Abe. But 184 was really weird. and all you have to do to confirm is take another look at the consi side of NCAA's last year. Abe could certainly AA.
Can you explain your thinking for Cass being 4th?

How do you see the seeding playing out come March and who would be 1,2,3 at that weight?

The way I see this is a complete tossup weight assuming Gable doesn’t come back. Parris has never lost to Cass, Cass has never lost to kerk, and kerk hasn’t lost to parris. Schultz is a wildcard who might pull the one seed given that he’s not in the big ten. I’m just curious to hear your reasoning on this one smalls. TIA.

Can you explain your thinking for Cass being 4th?

How do you see the seeding playing out come March and who would be 1,2,3 at that weight?

The way I see this is a complete tossup weight assuming Gable doesn’t come back. Parris has never lost to Cass, Cass has never lost to kerk, and kerk hasn’t lost to parris. Schultz is a wildcard who might pull the one seed given that he’s not in the big ten. I’m just curious to hear your reasoning on this one smalls. TIA.
Here's my rationale:

Schultz is going to be the 1 seed. his toughest duals are Elam and Fernandes and whomever shows up at Midlands (and that's if he doesn't do a euro greco tourney at that time)

the rest have gone back and forth.

frankly, i just kept it simple with those and went w/ latest results.

Reactions: js8793
Here's my rationale:

Schultz is going to be the 1 seed. his toughest duals are Elam and Fernandes and whomever shows up at Midlands (and that's if he doesn't do a euro greco tourney at that time)

the rest have gone back and forth.

frankly, i just kept it simple with those and went w/ latest results.
Fair enough. Thanks Smalls.

Schultz and Parris should both be at Cliff Keen Vegas in early December
Schultz and Kerkvliet were both at Collegiate Duals last year and we know how that turned out...

giphy.gif

It would be the first time unless Im forgetting
That's because there is no need to MFF out of the PAC-12 Championships.
You see it all the time in the B1G.
In my opinion there is almost no chance Schultz takes the mat against Parris. He can't afford to screw the pooch on that #1 seed. Did you see Zeke pull the string on Schultz right before the match against Kerk? I'm not blaming Schulz. It's 100% Zeke.
giphy.gif

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
That's because there is no need to MFF out of the PAC-12 Championships.
You see it all the time in the B1G.
In my opinion there is almost no chance Schultz takes the mat against Parris. He can't afford to screw the pooch on that #1 seed. Did you see Zeke pull the string on Schultz right before the match against Kerk? I'm not blaming Schulz. It's 100% Zeke.
giphy.gif
Not sure what will happen. I was just pointing out that Schultz & Parris are scheduled to be in Vegas since that wasn't said

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Shultz is too big for lil KERKin! I hope Big Cass has added some good quality size this off season. If so, he can win it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT