ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 of recruiting for Anthony Knox

I only asked out ugly girls because there was a better chance they'd like me.

giphy.gif

Hmmm, I wonder if Jim Zalesky qualified Mark Perry..... I wonder if Dan Gable qualified Doug Schwab...... I wonder if any college basketball coach will qualify Jack McCaffery..... I'm glad MJ didn't qualify high school basketball..... I'm glad I didn't qualify my wife when she stood me up on our first date..... 😉

• Love
Reactions: Sett1997
Hopefully the guys we are working on are Basset or Jax Forrest. They are going to be at this guys weight or close to it.
Golly gee, I sure hope not, that would be illegal! 😱 They can’t officially be contacted yet! PSU, tOSU would never stoop so low and neither should we.

• Haha
Reactions: Spoons and USPMAN
No. That’s the mentality of someone who understands planning and focus. He was barely even worth the call they made. I’d have advocated they not bother to call at all.
Sure glad you’re not in charge of the recruiting at the ole U of I. Heave forbid that a 16/17/18 yr old kid should ever change their mind. The notion that he doesn’t like Iowa is overblown as well. BFD that he sent a few tweets wanting Angelo to go to Rutgers. Maybe he and Angelo are close and Angelo tells him why he chose Iowa and that is the reason we land Knox.

Never write off a talented kid without contacting him. That’s a losers mentality.

Sure glad you’re not in charge of the recruiting at the ole U of I. Heave forbid that a 16/17/18 yr old kid should ever change their mind. The notion that he doesn’t like Iowa is overblown as well. BFD that he sent a few tweets wanting Angelo to go to Rutgers. Maybe he and Angelo are close and Angelo tells him why he chose Iowa and that is the reason we land Knox.

Never write off a talented kid without contacting him. That’s a losers mentality.
Spooner sometimes has some great insight but sales is not one. He would get fired if he were a girl scout for lack of cookie sales.

Last edited:
You would be shocked, so untrue.
Death of a salesman. Trying to qualify a lead is prejudging.

Lol guessing you’re in consumer products or commodity type stuff because that’s one of the most idiotic things I’ve ever read.

I’m also glad. For the record.

And you must be really happy Iowa did contact him.

Lol guessing you’re in consumer products or commodity type stuff because that’s one of the most idiotic things I’ve ever read.

I’m also glad. For the record.

And you must be really happy Iowa did contact him.
You're clueless on the this subject. Get over yourself.
Contact him. Lmao.
You're out of your element.
Many people on the board have their skills, auto repair man, lawyer, doctor, landscapers, they are pros at what they do.
I respect them and their advice, I don't know everything.
You are clueless about sales.
That I know.
You're guessing??
Who would have thought.

Spooner sometimes has some great insight but sales is not one. He would get fired if he were a girl scout for lack of cookie sales.

Jesus. Girl Scout cookies. Lol

You were already exposed as being unable to handle a complex high value sale. Just further confirmation.

You're clueless on the this subject. Get over yourself.
Contact him. Lmao.
You're out of your element.

Says the mouth breather that doesn’t think leads should be qualified. Goodness gracious. I wouldn’t hire you to sell coke to rich frat boys.

Or maybe they’re close and Knox is pimping Rutgers like Ferrari did PSU?

He was recently on social media recruiting against Iowa. Surprised they took the time to call him at all. An early inquiry from an assistant seems like the appropriate level of engagement to me. On the oft chance there are positive signs then kick it up a level.
That sounds like ego. Shocked that we have some much since we didn’t win ncaa last year.

Winning the hearts and minds of every blue chip we can then evaluating and cherry picking from that group would seem like a smarter way to go about it.

Clueless. Sales is not your deal. I hurt your feelings.

Lol dude you put an idiotic statement about sales out there for us all to see yet somehow you think you can throw stones. The lack of self awareness is pretty amazing.

Lol dude you put an idiotic statement about sales out there for us all to see yet somehow you think you can throw stones. The lack of self awareness is pretty amazing.
Every salesperson on this board is laughing at you.
Your narcissist personality is pretty amazing.

Reactions: el dub
What was idiotic? Tell me how so. Whats your approach? Educate me.
Spooner Ziglar. 😆
Spooner Tom Hopkins. 😆
Fool, learn when to shut up.
You don't know EVERYTHING brother

Every salesperson on this board is laughing at you.

The board must be full of basic simpleton salespeople. Let me guess: you’re one of the top sales guys at the dealership? Have a burgeoning network marketing business?

Throw professions out the window. My thoughts are Knox is a highly ranked & credentialed wrestler at a projected need weight. Iowa has two of the best light weight coaches in the game. One of them needs to be on the horn at midnight calling him. To say not to because of some tweets is very short sighted. The Flo coverage makes it pretty obvious to me. How many recruits have flipped throughout the years? How many Yanni D's have worn Tigerhawks on their headgears as kids? How much time, energy & effort is taken in a phone call?

Exactly. You have no idea why the person might not have Iowa on his list. It literally could be something so dumb like his grandfather was denied admission in 1951 and the family holds a grudge. Without talking or even trying this would never come out.
Maybe he heard the women are bitches. You never freaking know what is going through their heads until you at least try and have a meaningful conversation.
Obviously there is a reason why he's not interested. Find the problem, overcome it, bingo, we have a recruit.
It's sales 101.
Sales is sales is sales. Different products, same game.
Spoons is just being a utensil.

You’re clearly a simple man with a simple job. Good for you. Don’t take that as a criticism. I envy you for it.
Really? What do you do? Please share.
Also, tell me what I do since you seem to know everything about me.
You're such a condescending dope. Lol
As smart as you think you are, your arrogance makes you a fool.
Of course you will have some stupid comment to confirm it. 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: tiltman and el dub
Pot meet kettle.

They did.

And guess what? It isn’t like that’s the first time they had any sort of contact with the kid.

Spoons is a totally different poster. Puff…puff…pass.
What's your profession Spoonkins?
What are you the master of?
Obviously it's not sales.
Bloviating?
What do you do?
Please share.
I need to know your wisdom.

Spoons, your like a dopey person I never would have hired. If I did, I'd have to let you go two weeks into training because you're a dope.
I've seen your type 500 times

Reactions: el dub
I'm out Spoon, do appreciate your take on some issues. Can I expect a Christmas greeting card?.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT