ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 of recruiting for Anthony Knox

Explain, please.

I wouldn’t do it off a rumor. I’d have already talked to his HS coaches, club coaches, the kid himself, etc.

If you’re doing it right, you already know. And if you don’t already know, you’re still in the starting blocks when the race is already underway.

And I sure as heck hope leadership thinks the same.
I’m not sure people understand the kid already had the ability to call the coaches - they just could not call him. If there was interest, they had already spoken.

Not everyone does many kids go other places. You build it they will come . Iowa had that going on during Gable. Now someone else does. The Iowa staff knows they're getting crushed on the mat and in recruiting against Penn st
I would hope they would know, it's pretty obvious. The fact Iowa was the top team when Carl went there and proceeded to seemingly do little while getting passed up and buried by him doesn't bring a lot of confidence. The slush fund was a large contributing factor but there were others as well.

The kid and his family have already made it be known they are not interested in the program.
And thus the way Iowa handled it makes complete sense. He’s highly rated so they still have someone call, but meanwhile TnT are talking to prospects they have a much better chance of landing.

And thus the way Iowa handled it makes complete sense. He’s highly rated so they still have someone call, but meanwhile TnT are talking to prospects they have a much better chance of landing.
Sure, because that 5 minute call that Telford handled was much too much effort for Tom or Terry to handle. Because there are only so many pfp top 10 guys out there (actually 10) and 5 minutes was best spent elsewhere. Got it.

do they only have so many words that they can share in a day with recruits??? This whole thread is silly. some of you guys get it and others remain clueless. So Go Iowa Awesome!!!

TnT need to make the call. If for no other reason than what has happened. The kid went on flo and iowa looks silly. Another reason TnT make the call is because this kid will talk to other kids about iowa and if he feels disrespected than iowa suffers. TnT are so bad at optics that it went from internet banter to fact based ineptness at this point. if iowa had no interest dont call at all. If they have mild interest at all for a top 10 pfp then TnT needs to make the call.

do they only have so many words that they can share in a day with recruits??? This whole thread is silly. some of you guys get it and others remain clueless. So Go Iowa Awesome!!!

TnT need to make the call. If for no other reason than what has happened. The kid went on flo and iowa looks silly. Another reason TnT make the call is because this kid will talk to other kids about iowa and if he feels disrespected than iowa suffers. TnT are so bad at optics that it went from internet banter to fact based ineptness at this point. if iowa had no interest dont call at all. If they have mild interest at all for a top 10 pfp then TnT needs to make the call.
The recruiting results of the last decade speak for themself. PSU has been bragging about championship teams and we’ve been bragging about Spencer Lee.

do they only have so many words that can share in a day with recruits??? This whole thread is silly. some of you guys get it and others remain clueless. So Go Iowa Awesome!!!

TnT need to make the call. If for no other reason than what has happened. The kid went on flo and iowa looks silly. Another reason TnT make the call is because this kid will talk to other kids about iowa and if he feels disrespected than iowa suffers. TnT are so bad at optics that it went from internet banter to fact based ineptness at this

Totally agree. This was worst case scenario. I think Tom should be calling all of the top ten kids. I guess Knox has publicly said some negative comments about the Hawks on social media. Given that, I think it is even more important to call the kid. You can’t let others control the narrative about the Hawks. Tom is a charismatic and engaging guy. Lay out the vision for Iowa wrestling and how the kid fits into it.

Two things could happen if Tom calls him. First, the kid may actually like Tom and change his mind about Iowa. Guess what? 16-17 year old kids tend to change their minds. Second possibility, the kid says “not interested”. Tom can tell him it was nice chatting and wish him luck. That kid will never forget the call, though. And, the kid may at least speak favorably of Iowa going forward. The kid may even come to Iowa via the transfer portal a few years from now. Think long-term. Plant seeds everywhere and you never know what will grow. Again, just make a 10 minute phone call.

Totally agree. This was worst case scenario. I think Tom should be calling all of the top ten kids. I guess Knox has publicly said some negative comments about the Hawks on social media. Given that, I think it is even more important to call the kid. You can’t let others control the narrative about the Hawks. Tom is a charismatic and engaging guy. Lay out the vision for Iowa wrestling and how the kid fits into it.

Two things could happen if Tom calls him. First, the kid may actually like Tom and change his mind about Iowa. Guess what? 16-17 year old kids tend to change their minds. Second possibility, the kid says “not interested”. Tom can tell him it was nice chatting and wish him luck. That kid will never forget the call, though. And, the kid may at least speak favorably of Iowa going forward. The kid may even come to Iowa via the transfer portal a few years from now. Think long-term. Plant seeds everywhere and you never know what will grow. Again, just make a 10 minute phone call.
Bingo..

You don’t think TNT have spoken to him or his family already?

You don’t think TNT have spoken to him or his family already?
yes GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT