ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 of recruiting for Anthony Knox

Ok while I am a little bummed about how they handled the Knox recruitment I get it. We basically had zero chance at him. Hopefully the Hawks have a plan for Basset and/or Forrest. Only thing is they could outgrow 125/133 they are pretty young and can grow. Once again I am a little disappointed but it’s not the end of the world.

Exactly. You have no idea why the person might not have Iowa on his list. It literally could be something so dumb like his grandfather was denied admission in 1951 and the family holds a grudge. Without talking or even trying this would never come out.
Maybe he heard the women are bitches. You never freaking know what is going through their heads until you at least try and have a meaningful conversation.
Obviously there is a reason why he's not interested. Find the problem, overcome it, bingo, we have a recruit.
It's sales 101.
Sales is sales is sales. Different products, same game.
Catching up with this thread. Just one anecdote. My family is very East Coast - not as parochial as Brooklyn Italians (I.e. anyone not from Brooklyn is a farmer), but we’re pretty close.

My brother is a private pilot and landed in Iowa City to refuel. Decided to check it out and loved the town and stayed for a few days - I mean, he raved about IC as a college town. We all thought he was just busting our balls, but no. Now, imagine how closed-minded a high school kid is - you’ve got to get him out there to judge for himself as this choice goes beyond the wrestling room.

Catching up with this thread. Just one anecdote. My family is very East Coast - not as parochial as Brooklyn Italians (I.e. anyone not from Brooklyn is a farmer), but we’re pretty close.

My brother is a private pilot and landed in Iowa City to refuel. Decided to check it out and loved the town and stayed for a few days - I mean, he raved about IC as a college town. We all thought he was just busting our balls, but no. Now, imagine how closed-minded a high school kid is - you’ve got to get him out there to judge for himself as this choice goes beyond the wrestling room.

It is a real nice area. Don't regret moving here one bit. Big enough to have everything you need locally but small enough to get there in 10 mins.

This is random but you know who else raves about Iowa City? Matt Leinart. He talks about IC like he is getting paid to advertise.

Right on.

So, where will this kid end up? Did THEIR third strang coach make the call?
I don’t understand your last question Dubb?
My guess is Telford invited him to make a visit. He may have discussed his reluctance to move from the east coast and found once he got to Iowa City he started to change his view and what the process was like. The first thing you have to do is create a desire to come and take a look.

In short, everyone who posted here was proven right.
And then there's that other thread...

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT