ADVERTISEMENT

de-commits and transfer thread

This is SERIOUSLY getting crazy.

It's one thing to transfer if your not going to start but can somewhere else.

Or your team is going downhill.

But there are STARTERS on ELITE teams leaving.

WTF is going on!?!
They probably don't like their asshole coaches or teammates.

Reactions: bradjens
I have zero idea. He's looking for a 5th year at a school that will give him an opportunity. Is he better than Ostrenga would be my question. That kid already passed up a transfer last year.
Right now he is.

That's fair. All has played at a higher level was my point.
Rumor mill/heresay is Michigan's medical doctors wouldnt clear him to play due to back issues. All went to Florida, way outsdie Michigan network, for a recommeneded surgeon and surgery was a success. Came back to Michigan to play again and their doctor told him they still wouldnt clear him. Thus, this.

Reactions: pistachio1999
Yes just a little patience. Give it two weeks and we will have some commits. WR from D2 visiting this weekend, the RB decommit from Nebraska likes Iowa, sounds like TE from Mich likes the Hawks and Parker meeting with a DB from Ivy league. And that is just what's being reported. Im sure there is a bunch of other activity we aren't privy to plus more activity yet this month.

800 receivers are available. Just takes time to review over them and make sure there are no issues before inviting them to campus. Everyone wanted the guy from bama, his grades probably prevented him from enrolling. Just sayin.

Grades? Grades? ~ Get the kid transferring in from Harvard to be his roommate.
The rumor is Alabama asked him not to return. How bad do your grades have to be for a football player at Alabama for them to ask you not to return?

If that rumor is true, we don't need this kid anywhere near the program. He wouldn't last a week.

Reactions: pistachio1999
Alabama reminds me of Nebraska in the mid 90s. Lower the standards are far as possible to let people that don't belong in school skate by, to make the football program elite.

I think the lesson we can learn from the Holden situation, and the lesson we can apply to other rumored situations, is that there is still a lot of things that need to play out before we learn where some of these players will end up. The portal didn't even open until yesterday, so technically, I don't think the coaching staff could even talk to potential transfers until this week (with grad transfers like McNamara being an exception).

I appreciate the information @Bishop1971 and others have shared, but it's clear that there are no "done deals" with most of these guys. Certainly, the notion that we would see a wave of incoming transfers within hours or the portal opening seems to have been a fairy tale.

That said, there seem to be clear signs that the coaching staff is taking a more aggressive stance toward the portal this year, and I am hopeful that we will see some results for this effort. But the Iowa staff is going to do its due diligence on all of these guys. The players will likely explore multiple potential opportunities. There will be campus visits, etc. I believe there is reason for optimism, but we will have to be patient as these things play themselves out.

I think the lesson we can learn from the Holden situation, and the lesson we can apply to other rumored situations, is that there is still a lot of things that need to play out before we learn where some of these players will end up. The portal didn't even open until yesterday, so technically, I don't think the coaching staff could even talk to potential transfers until this week (with grad transfers like McNamara being an exception).

I appreciate the information @Bishop1971 and others have shared, but it's clear that there are no "done deals" with most of these guys. Certainly, the notion that we would see a wave of incoming transfers within hours or the portal opening seems to have been a fairy tale.

That said, there seem to be clear signs that the coaching staff is taking a more aggressive stance toward the portal this year, and I am hopeful that we will see some results for this effort. But the Iowa staff is going to do its due diligence on all of these guys. The players will likely explore multiple potential opportunities. There will be campus visits, etc. I believe there is reason for optimism, but we will have to be patient as these things play themselves out.
To be fair @Bishop1971 said we weren’t getting Traeshon but was very hopeful we could.

7 out and 1 in so far, not going great to this point
Because sometimes kids like to visit where they are committing to????? Entering the portal is the easy part. Doing visits and stuff had to wait until now. Even if I was 99% sure I would still want a visit before committing. Any coach that pushed me to commit prior to that I would just walk away from.

Reactions: Section25
this-is-fine-its-fine.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jo2knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT