ADVERTISEMENT

Deacon Hill QB1 for spring ball

😡😡😡😡😡😡
FFS… ugh

There is absolutely no reason he’s getting that many reps! It’s absolutely mind boggling!

Call to media!!! Do your jobs and absolutely bombard him with tough questions.

1) Why is DH getting so many reps?
2) What specifically does DH do well that makes it unnecessary to see what ML can’t do? (Be armed to refute claims of ball security and best chance to win)
3) If ML isn’t ready, based on DH’s performance last year, do you see an upgrade as a necessity for the #2 qb?

Last edited:
12157807.JPG
Somewhere in Central Michigan, this guy is probably smoking a doobie and enjoying this thread.

There's no other P5 program in the country that would've come out of last season, after everything played out the way it did, saying DH was still their #1 QB on the depth chart.

I'm starting to think KF is willingly sabotaging this program's offense as a way to try saving his son's professional reputation.
It’s frustrating.

I’d imagine at most schools Lainez would beat Hill out.
Unfortunately for us, they’re at Iowa.

Deacon “10 wins” Hill is going to get the call every time.
At most schools Hill would have been thanked for his service and encouraged to hit the portal at the end of the season. It wasn't just bad football, it was an embarrassment to the program having him play meaningful snaps last year. I won't waste a minute watching must less paying for tickets of he's going to be taking snaps this season. Bleep that.

There's no other P5 program in the country that would've come out of last season, after everything played out the way it did, saying DH was still their #1 QB on the depth chart.

I'm starting to think KF is willingly sabotaging this program's offense as a way to try saving his son's professional reputation.
Sad but true.

Listen, I know many are losing their minds over this.

But.....Cade isnt an option now. IF, we don't get a transfer QB after spring practice and we go into 2024-25 season with Eatin' Deacon as the QB2, THEN I think we have reason to be upset.

For now, I'd suggest we take spring FB for what it is. A chance for guys to get reps and work on the offense with the new OC.

Basketball season's over; need Caitlin to replace Deacon as Spring QB1.

She delivers better passes, and is 10X the Athlete he is!

It's absolutely incredible some of the stuff you guys say.

Nobody is arguing that Hill didn't have his struggles last season. But Marco has to beat him out, in practice. There hasn't been practice since the bowl game, so how is this to have happened?

As Fran has pointed out in the thread, the "spring depth chart" already came out a couple weeks ago. Why is any of this surprising to anyone? No the spring depth chart does not mean Hill has been named the starter. Taking reps with the ones does not mean Hill is the starter. I assume both QBs are taking reps with the ones and the spot is being competed for. There is always daily competition for spots throughout the program that carries throughout the season. To have come into spring ball with Marco slotted ahead of Deacon is not in the spirit of daily competition that the program is built upon. Marco has to earn the spot, just like other positions throughout the team. This is the time at which we expect that to start unfolding. But the process of winning the spot has to be gone through. Surely we all understand this. Just stop with the drama.

This doesn't mean that Marco sucks either. He was a true freshman last season. A lot of true freshman don't play and there are a lot of reasons for that. The kid obviously has a couple tools to work with and obviously has a lot of work to do. It's quite common that his development will take a huge leap this season.

Calm down folks. Your conclusions are pretty radical. This most likely doesn't mean that Marco is trash. And it doesn't mean that Kirk is clueless, senile, or is out to sabotage himself. It makes far more sense to understand the reality that simply the competition is in the process of playing out

Nobody is arguing that Hill didn't have his struggles last season. But Marco has to beat him out, in practice. There hasn't been practice since the bowl game, so how is this to have happened?

As Fran has pointed out in the thread, the "spring depth chart" already came out a couple weeks ago. Why is any of this surprising to anyone? No the spring depth chart does not mean Hill has been named the starter. Taking reps with the ones does not mean Hill is the starter. I assume both QBs are taking reps with the ones and the spot is being competed for. There is always daily competition for spots throughout the program that carries throughout the season. To have come into spring ball with Marco slotted ahead of Deacon is not in the spirit of daily competition that the program is built upon. Marco has to earn the spot, just like other positions throughout the team. This is the time at which we expect that to start unfolding. But the process of winning the spot has to be gone through. Surely we all understand this. Just stop with the drama.

This doesn't mean that Marco sucks either. He was a true freshman last season. A lot of true freshman don't play and there are a lot of reasons for that. The kid obviously has a couple tools to work with and obviously has a lot of work to do. It's quite common that his development will take a huge leap this season.

Calm down folks. Your conclusions are pretty radical. This most likely doesn't mean that Marco is trash. And it doesn't mean that Kirk is clueless, senile, or is out to sabotage himself. It makes far more sense to understand the reality that simply the competition is in the process of playing out
It's funny that you think there will be an actual QB competition, or that ML is being given a chance to "earn" the spot by beating DH out.

If Hill is healthy, there's zero chance KF is going to play Lainez over him, no matter what happens in practice. Lol.

Here is hoping the new scheme helps him and the new coaching staff helps him improve. If the other options do not pan out we will need him in the fall. You never know what the future holds. Go Hawks. The Iowa State game is going to be fun in Kinnick.

Idk what the big deal is. I predicted a few months ago that it is likely Hill starts this year as qb1. Even if Cade healthy in the fall, he is missing reps and KF cares about that kind of thing; and KF rarely dethrones starters.

Damn what Kirk says. I want sexy.

Hell I’ll take Imogen Poots taking the snaps. I’m sure she’d fare better than The Deac.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Lol. You guys are exceptionally stupid. Did anyone honestly think Iowa was going to start spring practice with Lainez as the #(1), with Cade being off the field?

Marco has to beat Deacon out. They are in competition for the spot and almost all of us expect Lainez to win that competition. But I don't see how anyone could have expected the spot to have been given to Marco coming into spring practice
Those two series in the bowl convinced me….

All TL needs to do is watch the gamefilm of Minnesota last year .... burn his eyes... and then tell Hill to not come back

Reactions: NI hawk

You say the following:

"But Marco has to beat him out, in practice".
"It makes far more sense to understand the reality that simply the competition is in the process of playing out".

Deacon says he is getting most if not all the reps with the ones. How is this a competition and a chance to beat him out. I am a little confused. Obviously, Deacon is #2 and set. I am not saying Marco should have been #2 to start spring practice, just given a chance.
I would not be surprised to see Marco transfer after spring ball.

Maybe KF has no confidence in Marco and is just going with Deacon.

They wanted Proctor to lose weight, why not Deacon.

Hard to earn the spot when Benny Hill is getting the majority of first team reps. Every rep he takes is a wasted one that a more talented qb on the roster could have taken.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT