ADVERTISEMENT

December jobs report

Now compare the 2018 numbers.

Fvcking dare you.

I'll dave you the trouble...overstayed by 1/2 million.

Total revisions for 2023 with one month still to go is -439,000. Not much difference.

Yet, In 2018 you screamed foul every single report. In 2023, not a peep. Wonder why that is. Actually, no, I don’t. It is also rather comical listening to you call out the radical right and their hopes for a faltering economy when the radical left, with you being one of the loudest on this board, doing exactly the same thing in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Know what I despise more than partisan hacks? Hypocritical partisan hacks, which you lead the way.

Total revisions for 2023 with one month still to go is -439,000. Not much difference.

Yet, In 2018 you screamed foul every single report. In 2023, not a peep. Wonder why that is. Actually, no, I don’t. It is also rather comical listening to you call out the radical right and their hopes for a faltering economy when the radical left, with you being one of the loudest on this board, doing exactly the same thing in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Know what I despise more than partisan hacks? Hypocritical partisan hacks, which you lead the way.
True

Wait - are you now trying to say the jobs reports in 2023 have not been very good?

Revisions happen every month due to the way the data is collected. This isn't new - it's just another way the right wing is misrepresenting.

Your panties are twisted because the job market is so good.

It also ruins the narrative that we don't need to reform immigration laws.

Merica needs service workers and immigrants are more than happy to take those jobs.

Ummmm.... it's obvious that you don't want to answer that question because it destroys your argument.

Why you're asking is obvious as well.

Wtf are you even talking about? You are creating an argument when there isn’t even one there.

I didn’t answer your question cause it was completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Wtf are you even talking about? You are creating an argument when there isn’t even one there.

I didn’t answer your question cause it was completely irrelevant to the conversation.
LOL - it's relevant because you are touting the predictions of the same "experts" who have been predicting a recession for months. The point being it's easy to throw out predictions - it doesn't mean they have merit.

No. I never said that. Do you suffer from a lack of reading comprehension?
You are seemingly doubting the 2023 jobs reports because of revisions. Just trying to determine your position on how it rates overall. Thus, the question.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I never question unemployment numbers, GDP growth, or jobs numbers regardless of who is President. Overall, the US does pretty good with that sort of data.

The average American today is way wrong about the economy. It is in really solid shape right now and many "experts" have egg on their face from their calls for recession for 3 years straight now. It's amazing to me how IRL on an almost daily basis, I hear people bitch about how awful the economy is right now. People weren't this gloomy back in '08 when we were in midst of the worst recession in a century. People are stupid, is my point.

LOL - it's relevant because you are touting the predictions of the same "experts" who have been predicting a recession for months. The point being it's easy to throw out predictions - it doesn't mean they have merit.

What in the actual **** are you talking about? You are really confused. Where in the world did I ever “tout“ the so called “experts”? If anything, I am calling them out as I CLEARLY said they were wrong and I disagreed with them.

Also. If you have followed any of these threads over the last 2 years, you would know I have called out those “experts” more times than not as I have been one of the more optimistic ones on this board regarding the economy.

Again. What are you even trying to argue with me.?

You are seemingly doubting the 2023 jobs reports because of revisions. Just trying to determine your position on how it rates overall. Thus, the question.

For crying out loud, no, I am not. Seriously, as it is now very, very clear that you severely lack reading comprehension skills, I will give you a chance to go read the couple posts to seem if you can even comprehend anything. Good grief.

What in the actual **** are you talking about? You are really confused. Where in the world did I ever “tout“ the so called “experts”? If anything, I am calling them out as I CLEARLY said they were wrong and I disagreed with them.

Also. If you have followed any of these threads over the last 2 years, you would know I have called out those “experts” more times than not as I have been one of the more optimistic ones on this board regarding the economy.

Again. What are you even trying to argue with me.?

This is mostly true. Rate cuts coming in march was a pipe dream before this report. Rate cuts aren’t happening anytime soon. If at all this year.

Why would they? The economy is doing well as it is.

Ask the “experts” that are forecasting it.
Seemed to me you were siding with the "experts" in this exchange. If I misinterpreted, I apologize.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I never question unemployment numbers, GDP growth, or jobs numbers regardless of who is President. Overall, the US does pretty good with that sort of data.

Nor Should you. You should let some others know that.

Seemed to me you were siding with the "experts" in this exchange. If I misinterpreted, I apologize.

‘How in the hell can you read my first post you quoted and even remotely come away with this? I confirm all I need regarding you. ****ing moron.

‘How in the hell can you read my first post you quoted and even remotely come away with this? I confirm all I need regarding you. ****ing moron.
GFY. I showed you exactly why. You asked where you touted the "experts" and I showed you.

52,000 of the jobs created were government jobs. If you can't create an economy that creates jobs, just create your own. How Marxists operate.

CPI came in this morning. Don't look now, bit inflation is going back up or staying the exact same. Who could have predicted this? Surely those rate cuts are coming any day now.

I've had to say this in so many threads:

Inflation is not down. It's just not going up as fast as it was. It is still anywhere from 1.5 to 2x the Fed's target.

The Fed is fighting reckless spending in Congress, and it's not going well. What are people going to say when inflation starts to reaccelerate like it has in Europe?

This jobs report is not good if you're one of the people praying for rate cuts. They aren't coming despite what the media is telling you.
I'm glad everyone took their victory laps and declared inflation defeated.

CPI came in this morning. Don't look now, bit inflation is going back up or staying the exact same. Who could have predicted this? Surely those rate cuts are coming any day now.
New YorkCNN —
US consumer prices rose 3.4% annually to close out 2023, capping a year of substantial progress on efforts to rein in decades-high inflation.

The Consumer Price Index, a closely watched inflation gauge that measures the average price changes for commonly purchased goods and services, rose 0.3% in December from the month before, matching expectations, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data released Thursday.

The monthly and annual numbers for December were higher than those seen in November, when tumbling gas prices drove the overall index lower. In December, gas prices stayed mostly in neutral, rising 0.2%, while rising shelter costs accounted for more than half of the monthly all-items increase, according to the BLS report.

Economists were expecting the annual overall inflation rate to tick higher, to 3.2% from the 3.1% headline reading the month before, according to FactSet consensus estimates.

Despite the upswing, the annual rate of consumer-level inflation is down considerably from December 2022’s rate of 6.5%; additionally, a closely watched measure of underlying inflation slowed further.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/11/economy/cpi-inflation-december/index.html

It was an easy prediction for Biohawk because Biohawk knows the headlines are misleading, and knows the sheep won't look under the covers.

How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a would chuck could chuck wood?

Scroll down to CPI where you'll see forecast was 0.2 for MOM and 3.1 for YoY. Are you really going to use one article written by CNN this morning, after the data dropped, as evidence that they saw this coming? The markets have been pricing in a rate cut for March. LOL no chance

New YorkCNN —
US consumer prices rose 3.4% annually to close out 2023, capping a year of substantial progress on efforts to rein in decades-high inflation.

The Consumer Price Index, a closely watched inflation gauge that measures the average price changes for commonly purchased goods and services, rose 0.3% in December from the month before, matching expectations, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data released Thursday.

The monthly and annual numbers for December were higher than those seen in November, when tumbling gas prices drove the overall index lower. In December, gas prices stayed mostly in neutral, rising 0.2%, while rising shelter costs accounted for more than half of the monthly all-items increase, according to the BLS report.

Economists were expecting the annual overall inflation rate to tick higher, to 3.2% from the 3.1% headline reading the month before, according to FactSet consensus estimates.

Despite the upswing, the annual rate of consumer-level inflation is down considerably from December 2022’s rate of 6.5%; additionally, a closely watched measure of underlying inflation slowed further.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/11/economy/cpi-inflation-december/index.html
I can handle those numbers for one month, and we will see how Jan flows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT