ADVERTISEMENT

Deere & Co. continued to rake in record profits this fall, and the company expects to make even more next year...Job elimination to go on as scheduled

And then you went dumber. The board doesn't decide the direction the company goes. They don't know shit about the company. They have their OWN companies to run. They get a cushy seat on a board and then they give their fellow CEO's cushy seats in an incestuous relationship to pad everybody's pockets...except shareholders.

Hans Vestburg is the Chairman and CEO of Verizon He also serves on the board of investment firm BlackRock. Interestingly, BlackRock is the second biggest shareholder in Verizon and thus has a decisive say in who heads Verizon. So Vestberg gets to use BlackRock's $7.8 billion worth of shares in Verizon - other peoples' money - to vote himself into his $20 million a year position at Verizon. And if you think that's rare...there's no helping you.
Did I say they decide company direction or strategy? (That's rhetorical, of course I didn't. You make up a statement just to argue with it).

I'm gonna post this again for @notlongago since he seems to have a selective response algorithm:

Hans Vestburg is the Chairman and CEO of Verizon He also serves on the board of investment firm BlackRock. Interestingly, BlackRock is the second biggest shareholder in Verizon and thus has a decisive say in who heads Verizon. So Vestberg gets to use BlackRock's $7.8 billion worth of shares in Verizon - other peoples' money - to vote himself into his $20 million a year position at Verizon. And if you think that's rare...there's no helping you.

I'm gonna post this again for @notlongago since he seems to have a selective response algorithm:
He's an insecure hack who tries to engage in topics he has no business being a part of. When he gets exposed for his ignorance he does a bunch of dancing, spins and refuses to answer questions. He is just another know nothing poster like NCHawk who will waste your time with his nonsense.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
Did I say they decide company direction or strategy? (That's rhetorical, of course I didn't. You make up a statement just to argue with it).
Good...progress. You admit they do nothing but approve the direction and strategy set by management and they get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to say "Yes". Cushy job, huh?

And once again, your response is highly selective.

Good...progress. You admit they do nothing but approve the direction and strategy set by management and they get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to say "Yes". Cushy job, huh?

And once again, your response is highly selective.
Nope. They're advisors. And that has no bearing on the fact board experience is a sought after quality when hiring executives....which was stated many posts back. You're comprehension and retention could use some work.

I guess this is your next fairy tale. Did I ever say this didn't happen? (Again, rhetorical. I didn't).
What else you got wunderkind?
You, dumbass, are the one claiming the board is doing SOMETHING worth hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in compensation. You've admitted it has nothing to do with the direction or strategy of the company. So exactly where is this vaunted "expertise" you rave about being employed...I mean, other than using the board of the company you sit on to vote yourself into the role of CEO at another company.

Nope. They're advisors. And that has no bearing on the fact board experience is a sought after quality when hiring executives....which was stated many posts back. You're comprehension and retention could use some work.
WTF is "board experience"? The experience of sitting on a board? OF COURSE, IT'S "SOUGHT AFTER". They are literally filling each other's pockets, dimwit.

Reactions: mattymoknows
They also get paid to take on a little risk as a director and the chance they get dragged into one or more lawsuits. Still, it’s lucrative gig. There is a reason so many want to do it. They can retire and be on 2-3 boards.

As I said earlier, I think the real outrage is CEO pay.
Director roles may as well be labeled as Grifting roles. CSB, but I've been in enough quarterly BoD meeting presentations to see this 'expertise' in action. They ask a few shallow questions that show their limited knowledge of the business, go through the handshakes, pat a few people on the back, go to a few fancy dinners, collect a check, and go home.

it sucks that Mexico and other off shore countries can only provide labor and not upper level management positions.
I noticed a few years ago that when the jobs are outsourced to poor countries the executives stay in the US. I am not a banner waiving protectionist, but part of me wishes that if you outsource your jobs you should be forced to go live in that country, and have your kids go to school in that country.

He's an insecure hack who tries to engage in topics he has no business being a part of. When he gets exposed for his ignorance he does a bunch of dancing, spins and refuses to answer questions. He is just another know nothing poster like NCHawk who will waste your time with his nonsense.
50/50 they are the same person.

Director roles may as well be labeled as Grifting roles. CSB, but I've been in enough quarterly BoD meeting presentations to see this 'expertise' in action. They ask a few shallow questions that show their limited knowledge of the business, go through the handshakes, pat a few people on the back, go to a few fancy dinners, collect a check, and go home.
The greatest grift perpetrated on the average American is that the uber-wealthy are more deserving of their money than the person who gets up every day, goes to work, does a quality job, and goes home to the family. We are a stupid people.

Not a republican, so another fail on you. Sad when logic gets deemed "selfish and gross". Not sure why I expected anything of substance from you though. That's my mistake.
Sure you’re not. None of us believe that. You thought that was logic? LMFAO.

The greatest grift perpetrated on the average American is that the uber-wealthy are more deserving of their money than the person who gets up every day, goes to work, does a quality job, and goes home to the family. We are a stupid people.
Between that and Republican voters defending paying more for prescription drugs and healthcare…I don’t know what’s worse. The wealthy and Republican leaders love it though. It’s impossible to convince them they’re getting grifted…to all of our detriment.

Having just retired as a wage guy, they are moving the cab line and support to Mexico and are going to ship the cabs from Mexico right back to Waterloo were they were made, I am sure quality will be just fine and no repairs needed.

• Sad
Reactions: mattymoknows
The medical profession has gone off the rails. Providers are being stretched too thin, patients have to wait months for an appointment and then other get to see the doctor for 10 min. Not good.
Imagine if the medical profession turned to capitalism. All these "capitalism" is what is best for American people would sing a different tune.

Reactions: Tom Paris
You, dumbass, are the one claiming the board is doing SOMETHING worth hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in compensation. You've admitted it has nothing to do with the direction or strategy of the company. So exactly where is this vaunted "expertise" you rave about being employed...I mean, other than using the board of the company you sit on to vote yourself into the role of CEO at another company.
Wrong. I said the CEO is worth the money. And that they're all beholden to the stockholders. Why do you continue to make up lies when the paper trail is entirely too easy to see?
WTF is "board experience"? The experience of sitting on a board? OF COURSE, IT'S "SOUGHT AFTER". They are literally filling each other's pockets, dimwit.
Speaking like someone who has zero experience leading anyone in a corporate setting. Shouldn't be surprised, the loudest ones are typically the most unqualified.

Reactions: HugeEddie
Wrong. I said the CEO is worth the money. And that they're all beholden to the stockholders. Why do you continue to make up lies when the paper trail is entirely too easy to see?
LOL...the boards and the CEO's are in bed with each other to extract as much money as they can from the company for their own purposes. They serve on each other's boards and they serve on boards that have a DIRECT IMPACT on their compensation. And they have convinced idiots like you that they are f'n unicorns and are "worth the money" because they - and ONLY they - are capable of doing the job. So explain please, HOW for most of the history of this country, the CEO's of our largest companies didn't make hundreds of times the multiple salary of their average worker and they STILL built great companies. Were they stupid???

The most depressing thing is you claim the sweat equity of the people doing the actual work is worthless and a highly trained machinist who knows the job inside and out because he or she has been on the line for decades isn't worth spit and when they demand to be compensated for their efforts that have made the company record profits they should just be dumped. for the "shareholders".

As for this...

Speaking like someone who has zero experience leading anyone in a corporate setting. Shouldn't be surprised, the loudest ones are typically the most unqualified.
...it is totally non-responsive...as per your usual shtick. Unless you are describing yourself, of course. Then it's spot-on.

LOL...the boards and the CEO's are in bed with each other to extract as much money as they can from the company for their own purposes. They serve on each other's boards and they serve on boards that have a DIRECT IMPACT on their compensation. And they have convinced idiots like you that they are f'n unicorns and are "worth the money" because they - and ONLY they - are capable of doing the job. So explain please, HOW for most of the history of this country, the CEO's of our largest companies didn't make hundreds of times the multiple salary of their average worker and they STILL built great companies. Were they stupid???

The most depressing thing is you claim the sweat equity of the people doing the actual work is worthless and a highly trained machinist who knows the job inside and out because he or she has been on the line for decades isn't worth spit and when they demand to be compensated for their efforts that have made the company record profits they should just be dumped. for the "shareholders".

As for this...

...it is totally non-responsive...as per your usual shtick. Unless you are describing yourself, of course. Then it's spot-on.
Great post, Tarheel.

Imagine if the medical profession turned to capitalism. All these "capitalism" is what is best for American people would sing a different tune.
The medical profession absolutely IS capitalism. They make decisions every day to increase profits and lower costs.

And, capitalism is absolutely what is best for America,

Capitalism isn't perfect - it's just better than anything else.

As for this...

You really can't help yourself from making up lies can you?

The board and executives goal is to make sure the stocks are growing. For the 4th time - they're beholden to the stock holders. Is that getting through yet?
Where did I say skilled labor shouldn't be valued? I did say assembly/line laborers have shown they are replaceable (the entire crux of the thread). Aside from story telling, you also seem to have an issue grasping the concept of value.

You’re getting your ass handed to you by Riley and tarheel but you want to talk crap. That’s comical.
If you and riley disagree with the point being made, that point is typically correct. You two are anti-litmus tests of sorts for accuracy and logic. I really have to question my position if I agree with either of you.

You really can't help yourself from making up lies can you?

The board and executives goal is to make sure the stocks are growing. For the 4th time - they're beholden to the stock holders. Is that getting through yet?
Where did I say skilled labor shouldn't be valued? I did say assembly/line laborers have shown they are replaceable (the entire crux of the thread). Aside from story telling, you also seem to have an issue grasping the concept of value.
Your position that CEOs and executives have no commitment to employees is exactly the point here. They are beholden to shareholders - and they, themselves, are major shareholders in most cases. Their comments about "our employees are our most important asset" is bullshit, pure and simple. By virtue of their positions and power they are able to line their pockets and eliminate risk while employees have to fight for better pay and reasonable working conditions.

You're just an ignorant shill for Deere as a stockholder.

Complete bullshit.

"John Deere’s success depends on the success of our people," May continued. "Through our new collective bargaining agreements, we’re giving employees the opportunity to earn wages and benefits that are the best in our industries and are groundbreaking in many ways."

He added, "Together, our future is bright."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT