ADVERTISEMENT

Deere & Co. continued to rake in record profits this fall, and the company expects to make even more next year...Job elimination to go on as scheduled

The best thing about this thread is that notlongago is doing all the May boot licking for free.

LOL...so now you're going to tell us that they don't self-deal to their own benefit and to the detriment of the small investor. I already posted the story of a CEO who back-dated stock options. You think they don't all look for ways to game the system? I notice, BTW, that you have again pointedly ignored a previous post...see #183 and opine please, on how a CEO who runs a company into the ground gets hundreds of millions of dollars as a severance package? You think a guy who knows he's getting $300,000,000 if he gets FIRED gives a fvck about shareholders? Two possibilities...you are either the dumbest or most gullible poster on HORT. Possibility three...you are both.
That's the 4th, perhaps 5th time you've made an affirmative statement on a premise you (incorrectly) think I subscribe to. Are you going to stop doing that or should I just start ignoring you

That's the 4th, perhaps 5th time you've made an affirmative statement on a premise you (incorrectly) think I subscribe to. Are you going to stop doing that or should I just start ignoring you
No, this is the millionth time in this thread that, when presented with info that DIRECTLY refutes your claims, you duck and cover and ignore. So post your central premise in a concise sentence.

Not even close. Medicare sets the rate which is price fixing. All insurance companies negotiate rates as a percentage of Medicare. People aren't charged what services are worth. I save your life by taking out your kidney cancer and make $1350. You survive another 20+ years. What's that worth to you? Yet we bitch about Taylor Swift Tickets and pay KF some crazy number to coach football.

Conversion factor is the rate Drs. get paid which has been cut since the late 80s. Green is indexed to what it would be if we just kept up with inflation. People wonder why doctors are quitting in droves.

MPP_update_Sept_2019_Figure1.png

Not disputing any of that.

But, it's still capitalism. Doctors, hospitals and clinic are still free to make as much money as they can make. Competition, Medicare and insurance company pricing certainly makes it harder. That's probably why most doctors have sold their practices to hospitals and hospitals are merging or forming chains.

Hospitals run ads on TV and put of billboards to attract patients. They build huge cancer or cardiology buildings to improve service and attract patients. WE get satisfaction surveys after every visit.

If we had socialized medicine there would be no need to aggressively compete and perform.

It's a tough market, but that doesn't mean it isn't capitalism. And if it isn't capitalism, what is it?

No, this is the millionth time in this thread that, when presented with info that DIRECTLY refutes your claims, you duck and cover and ignore. So post your central premise in a concise sentence.
You don't even know my claims or positions - youve been wrong every time you've tried summarizing. You seem to be reading what you want to regardless of what is posted.
Let's try a simple question we can both agree on. A CEOs $9M cash salary is insignificant to a company with 70,000+ employees and a $130B market cap - yea?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Your bogus claim that certain people have higher value stock holdings.
Where did I claim that? You just make shit up all the time. And you're so stupid you don't understand that it doesn't aid your argument.

You are so ignorant and so insecure. Bad combination.

Being as how they're typically part of their salary, the answer is "time".
Ahhh...so they get these options at zero cost. And any price they sell them at is gravy. Thanks.

Somebody doesn't understand stock options.

Last edited:
Ahhh...so they get these options at zero cost. And any price they sell them at is gravy. Thanks.

Somebody doesn't understand stock options.
Sorta like that 401K your employer provides, or HSA funds, or any other variety of benefits.
And regardless, still isnt changing the value of those holdings....

• Haha
Lol - I never said what you claimed. You only think so because you're stupid.
I said that doesn't change the value, you said it does. There's no way to interpret that any other way. If they choose to liquidate their holdings, it's done at the same value as mine if I chose to do the same at the same time.

• Haha
I said that doesn't change the value, you said it does. There's no way to interpret that any other way. If they choose to liquidate their holdings, it's done at the same value as mine if I chose to do the same at the same time.
You're an idiot.

Sorta like that 401K your employer provides, or HSA funds, or any other variety of benefits.
And regardless, still isnt changing the value of those holdings....
It changes their value compared to someone who has bought them at a set price. But…and I noted this earlier…you don’t really understand stock options.

jobs are moving to Mexico

You may not realize this, but Deere has facilities literally all over the world. Brazil is the fastest-growing region for them. It is actually remarkable that anyone is making a profit in today's economy.

It changes their value compared to someone who has bought them at a set price. But…and I noted this earlier…you don’t really understand stock options.
No - the value is the same regardless of who owns them and at what price they paid. The DE stocks i owned that were bought at ~$30/share are worth the same as the ones bought at $400/share and it doesnt matter if I used post tax money, pre tax money, inheritance money, HSA money. They all have the same value.

• Haha
Keep throwing insults if youd like, but its not changing the fact you made a claim and now you're refusing to acknowledge it despite the clear citation.
Didn't make the claim you suggested. I did make the claim that you don't know what you're talking about and you keep proving that true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT