ADVERTISEMENT

Did Apple just initiate WW3?

Wahawk56

HB Legend
Aug 31, 2004
iphone-new15-780x483.jpg

Reactions: cigaretteman
I've been waiting for this. All things were pointing this way. AT&T does it basically with their next program.

Yeah, everyone does it, but now you can bypass buying from your carrier.

So $400/year + your cell phone bill. I presume that is for the lowest model of iphone?

Is this a deal? Smart that is contains AppleCare.

It's more expensive than the carrier, but you also can upgrade every 12 months with Apple care built inn and no commitment to the carrier.

Does 'Choose your Carrier' mean you pay the carrier extra for their services in addition to what you're paying apple?

It's more expensive than the carrier, but you also can upgrade every 12 months with Apple care built inn and no commitment to the carrier.

What do you mean no commitment to the carrier? I presume you mean no 12 month contract? Well, duh, your commitment is to Apple.

Does 'Choose your Carrier' mean you pay the carrier extra for their services in addition to what you're paying apple?

That is all that makes sense. Take Verizon, for example. If you own your phone outright (or through Apple) it is $15/month (instead of $40) for each phone on a "family" plan. So, at best, you are still paying the $80/month for the family plan, $15 for the phone-extension, and $32/month to Apple.

As Wahawk said, you could already do this through, say, Verizon. Now you can do it directly through Apple, with Applecare added. Don't know that I would call this a deal, apart from the "new phone every year!"

So . . . If they hook you on prepaying for a new phone every year, they don't have to produce the next greatest-shizzle-known-to-man each year to get you to upgrade. Will this slow down the techno-glitter wars?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT