ADVERTISEMENT

Does Kirk Ferentz play golf?

#1hawkeyefan1983

Team MVP
Sep 25, 2008
If he does, then it would be a perfect opportunity for him to retire like Saban and even his buddy Belichick is probably finish coaching, and they all can play golf in together in Florida.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I dont think he really has any hobbies, at least that I’ve ever heard about. Another reason he may coach longer than people think

He jogs out at least used too.

True story.
One time near carver, the light was just turning red and I was going at a good clip coming to a stop. And lo and behold. It's captain Kirk and his daughter jogging towards park road. The good captain, turns his head, makes eye contact with me, and gives me his famous smile/smirk and hand wave, I presume, for not killing 2 Ferentzs and they trot off by the river.
My brush with greatness. I could have altered Hawkeye history for ever 😉

Reactions: JDHawkI
If he does, then it would be a perfect opportunity for him to retire like Saban and even his buddy Belichick is probably finish coaching, and they all can play golf in together in Florida.
Kirk doesn't golf. Retirement isn't for everybody. I retired and we moved South to the lake. I fished 150 - 200 days a year. When we weren't on the lake we traveled but eventually that gets a bit old. We moved back North to be closer to our Granddaughters and they are truly a joy to be around. Nothing like hearing the words Papa, Papa!

I would imagine Kirk will hang them up in a few years but he still has a few good seasons left. Too often people want change, the grass isn't always greener. Why wish for a proven winner to retire? Top 25 in five of the past six years, number 3 all-time in Big Ten wins, bowl games year-after-year and a tremendous leader of young men and srudent athletes.

He jogs out at least used too.

True story.
One time near carver, the light was just turning red and I was going at a good clip coming to a stop. And lo and behold. It's captain Kirk and his daughter jogging towards park road. The good captain, turns his head, makes eye contact with me, and gives me his famous smile/smirk and hand wave, I presume, for not killing 2 Ferentzs and they trot off by the river.
My brush with greatness. I could have altered Hawkeye history for ever 😉
Yeah he was a runner around town. Think he has been relegated to an elliptical now. Just had two hips done last year.

Reactions: GOHOX69
The Saban thing is weird because he was interviewed in the last year or two and he said he would probably die at practice.

I talked to him and the Childrens Hopsital outing a couple years ago at Brown Deer. Not sure if he played or was just there to give support and speak.

A lot of these coaches want to spend time with their families from early Jan to spring practice and then after spring practice until August camp it can be more family time. That can include golf and hobbies but ....

Playing golf with Kirk would be laborious. After every slice, hook, duff and missed putt he would chomp on his gum and write a note out on the scorecard. I can just hear him …..“that’s golf”.

If Kirk does play You can bet He has never gone for a green in 2 and places great value in laying up and lag putting

Power and big paychecks is likely a hell of a drug that keeps you going.

Would he still be coaching at his age if he was at a junior college ? I doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT