ADVERTISEMENT

Does THE WAVE need fixing?

Do the kids get to pick any song, or choose from a predetermined list?

If Iowa somehow had Jump Around, they would first play an announcement "everyone stand up, tighten your shoelaces, and join in hip hop's coolest campus tradition, which is called The Jump Around."
Yeah, cause that jump around isn't the most dumbest thing to do.

What the hell is wrong with some of you. Saluting the kids with all they and their families are going through is the LEAST we can do. WTFU and leave the WAVE alone.

Edit. Btw do you goofs that have a problem with the WAVE want to change the Kid Captains tradition as well? How about the girl that was terminal? Doesn’t fit for you? Stay away then and stfu.

Last edited:
Agree that the current announcements are unnecessary but…. I seem to recall that there was originally a plug for funding the hospital after the Wave. Might have been from Kirk and Mary? That was discontinued. Why not do that again?

I started donating to the Children’s Hospital after the Wave’s first year because I felt sort of hypocritical just “waving” my support. The large majority of the kids there never see my Wave.

I’m just concerned that the tradition, especially with the current announcements, may have become more of a self-congratulatory routine rather than truly promoting support for the kids at the hospital. JMO

Reactions: BlackNGoldWings
Let's make this better for us fans in the stands. That way we can feel better. And shoot, these innocent kids going through hell and their parents right by their side every moment living in pain and fear, clinging to hope for their child may even like it a little better, but we'll be sure it's better for us. I think we're on to something here.

How long until the wave is sponsored each week by companies that donate to the Hawkeye collective?

Let's make this better for us fans in the stands. That way we can feel better. And shoot, these innocent kids going through hell and their parents right by their side every moment living in pain and fear, clinging to hope for their child may even like it a little better, but we'll be sure it's better for us. I think we're on to something here.
While we are at it, let’s just stop buying tickets to the game altogether, and donate that money to the kids. Because it’s all about the kids, right?

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
While we are at it, let’s just stop buying tickets to the game altogether, and donate that money to the kids. Because it’s all about the kids, right?
For those 3 minutes it is. Who cares about announcements and music selection? They don’t. By the way, nice rebuttal. Well done.

Reactions: Max_Rebo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT