ADVERTISEMENT

Dogs - Eye Boogers

How do you handle your dog’s eye boogers?

• I clean them out daily using a special dog friendly solution

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I make the Mrs. clean them out daily using a special dog friendly solution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I clean them out periodically with a paper towel/TP

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I make the Mrs. clean them out periodically with a paper towel/TP

• I do absolutely nothing because I’m too busy pounding OP’s Mom

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Nothing cuz I’m lazy and my whore spouse is too busy pounding all you’s guys

• I clean them out and feed it back to the dog

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • They haven’t been cleaned out in months, my dog looks abused and should be in a Sarah McLachlan ad

• I have a dog?

• What’s a dog?

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

LuciousBDragon

HR Legend
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2017
The American Southwest
Canine eye boogers are the crusty secretions that build up constantly at the bottom of your dog’s eyes. Left unchecked, the blackish-purple-ish build up can make it look like your pup got a shiner from a heavyweight boxer. How do you handle these?

That’s exactly my point. I’m obsessively always keeping them clean yet I see other dogs who look like they spent time at Michael Vick’s place. Trying to find the norm.

Can’t say eye boogers have ever been an issue.

We do have to clean the folds of their jowls below the eyes so tear stains don’t irritate their skin. But never eye booger issues.

Have you brought it up to vet? Maybe they have like dry eye meds for dogs

Last edited:
I do not recall dog eye boogers ever being a problem, I would grab it with a paper towel or my fingers if they had something in their eye I guess.

I clean them out 1st thing in the AM each day before he goes out to pee. I use two TP squares, folded up, and they attach themselves to that and come right out. Dog likes having them taken out. They are not dry at that point and come out easy. Then just as needed during the day.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Canine eye boogers are the crusty secretions that build up constantly at the bottom of your dog’s eyes. Left unchecked, the blackish-purple-ish build up can make it look like your pup got a shiner from a heavyweight boxer. How do you handle these?
Dog (pic included) gets then a couple times a year.
We wipe them with a wet paper towel - morning then night.

thirsty-dogs.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT