ADVERTISEMENT

Dresser..

Minimize the score for ISU? What is Holloway’s injury, and Wilkes?

As noted several times, Wilcke was back in IC ill and Holloway was hurt. No word on the Holloway injury. But do you honestly think there's a reason Holloway would duck Sam Colbray? Lol

Seriously, Brands brought him to wrestle "in case they were in jeopardy of losing the dual?"
Doubt anyone else out tthere thought it would be remotely close.
Worst case, Iowa State wins 133 141, 174, and 184 with then the 197 match to determine the dual.
Except, everyone expected bonus from 125, 157 and 165 and GET.
No way this dual was ever going to be in jeopardy so why did th at weigh in Holloway.
I am a huge Iowa and Brands fam, but am not unwilling to say the same things everyone else here says when they other teams sit their guys.
And yes, you could make an argument Wilk e was protecting his seed. He has been struggling, and a loss to OSU would be horrible in the euse of the seeding commitee.

What color is the sky in your world? You seem unable to grasp a basic concept. And again, would you have preferred Iowa weigh in no one and forfeit from the outset?

As noted several times, Wilcke was back in IC ill and Holloway was hurt. No word on the Holloway injury. But do you honestly think there's a reason Holloway would duck Sam Colbray? Lol

What color is the sky in your world? You seem unable to grasp a basic concept. And again, would you have preferred Iowa weigh in no one and forfeit from the outset?
Read my take. I don’t want to be the guy defending Dresser’s comments. I would have preferred a match. There is no reason to duck, so that’s why I’m so confused as to why it happened.

That turd of a program is not going to shine for a long long time. Sorry Kevin. The distance between uni and yourself is widening as well. Is Wartburg the third best program in the state now? Most likely.

Hogg, I think you hit the nail on the head. I went through the weights and I think Wartburg beats ISU easily. I still think ISU is at least a top 10 DIII team this year. I wonder if it's too late for Dresser to sign up for Cleveland tournament?

Reactions: MitchL
That turd of a program is not going to shine for a long long time. Sorry Kevin. The distance between uni and yourself is widening as well. Is Wartburg the third best program in the state now? Most likely.
Grand View>Wartburg

Sat next to my brother-in-law who happens to be a very accomplished wrestler, and his comment made me think when we forfeited 197 ... he said, “That shows class. No matter what, Bobby would never blank a team out of respect.”

Dresser could have learned a thing or 2 from a class act like Bobby Douglas.

Reactions: Dagboi and MitchL
It's obvious reference to songs that were popular the last Cyclone victory (2003)...

I think you mean........SMH
128fs318181.gif

Sat next to my brother-in-law who happens to be a very accomplished wrestler, and his comment made me think when we forfeited 197 ... he said, “That shows class. No matter what, Bobby would never blank a team out of respect.”

Dresser could have learned a thing or 2 from a class act like Bobby Douglas.
Very good point. As a Hawk fan I wanted to blank the clowns but could Brands have been thinking that he doesn’t want to embarrass them like that? Instead Dreschler makes his assinine post game comment

Reactions: Dagboi and MitchL
Read my take. I don’t want to be the guy defending Dresser’s comments. I would have preferred a match. There is no reason to duck, so that’s why I’m so confused as to why it happened.
Did you completely miss the part on multiple occasions where people said Holloway was injured?

I presume Holloway wants to step on the mat, since he sits most of the time. No one here seems to know what his injury is, which isn't a shocker since he's a backup, and Coaches are tight lipped as per normal.

Colbray isn't the 2nd coming of J'Den Cox, so let's get that out of the way pronto. It's a match a healthy Holloway could potentially win, as far fetched as that may seem to some.

I hate Forfeits coming from any team, especially Iowa, but I can see the logic in this one. If you absolutely needed him to give it a go, he was there. So he apparently has an injury that Brands didn't want to worsen, regardless of his status on the team.

Did you completely miss the part on multiple occasions where people said Holloway was injured?

I presume Holloway wants to step on the mat, since he sits most of the time. No one here seems to know what his injury is, which isn't a shocker since he's a backup, and Coaches are tight lipped as per normal.

Colbray isn't the 2nd coming of J'Den Cox, so let's get that out of the way pronto. It's a match a healthy Holloway could potentially win, as far fetched as that may seem to some.

I hate Forfeits coming from any team, especially Iowa, but I can see the logic in this one. If you absolutely needed him to give it a go, he was there. So he apparently has an injury that Brands didn't want to worsen, regardless of his status on the team.
Don’t disagree with any of that. I just wanted to see a match as a wrestling fan. He was obviously healthy enough to wrestle, so let’s get that out of the way. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t have weighed in and shook hands.

Don’t agree with Dresser making the comments.

Don’t disagree with any of that. I just wanted to see a match as a wrestling fan. He was obviously healthy enough to wrestle, so let’s get that out of the way. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t have weighed in and shook hands.

Don’t agree with Dresser’s comments at all.
Right, because weighing in and shaking hands is the same as actually wrestling in a match............ Geezuz dude.

He could wrestle with a broken arm and a broken leg if his life was on the line I suppose. It wasn't.

Reactions: Dagboi and whejoe

Don’t agree with Dresser making the comments.

NO..............

Obviously he was not healthy enough to wrestle.........

Or Brands would have wrestled him.

Did somebody on here claim to be an Iowa fan and brands fan??? Your comments on here would appear as though that is not true

Why make weight and go through introductions then? Fun?

Why did Dresser run 2 guys out there at 1 weight during intros? Is that any different, knowing that 1 of them wouldn't see the mat? How about the coaches are in the best position to know what the lineup decisions should be and leave it at that?

Why make weight and go through introductions then? Fun?
For someone who claims to understand the sport, you struggle mightily on occasion.

In the unlikely event Iowa needs Holloway to win a match to win the dual in a worst case scenario, or at least go out and not give up 6 in another scenario (i.e. better than a forfeit), he apparently could have. Coaches get paid to have a plan, and Brands had one If he needed to excersize it.

None of those things happened, so Brands decided to piss Holloway off and not let him wrestle...............

Reactions: Dagboi and MVPFAN
Pretty funny ISU fans thinking 197 was such a travesty. They should take the 6 they were given and be happy. Given how the rest of their team was prepared, soft and unconditioned, Colbray likely would've folded just as bad as Simmons and Parker.

As usual ISU has now fabricated something for their myopic fans to complain about rather than their own teams pathetic performance.

You ISU losers should all be fuming at Dresser's inability to put even a functional team on the mat rather than a forfeit when the match was over. That ISU team sucked worse than ANY team I have ever seen. Pathetic ISU, pathetic!

Because as Brands said and people have told you ELEVENTY TIMES: He was only going to take the mat in an emergency. There was no emergency thus he didn't take the mat.

Kill. Me. Now.
If he was healthy enough to wrestle if needed, he was healthy enough to wrestle. That’s my only point. I get Brands didn’t feel like he needed him, but you can’t argue he wasn’t healthy enough to wrestle when he was.

The point is, it's ok for Iowa to do it...
Not ok for Tom Ryan.
How stupid are Iowa fans if they don't realize how much there was to lose had Wilk e wrestled and lost.
He stayed in Iowa City because he was "Sick".
I am sure he was, but if another coach says it... their protecting seeds.
The forfeit definately protected Wilkes seed.
You have to love some Iowa fans logic.
Don't do what we do...
If you do what we do, you are bad...
If we do what we do then it is totally acceptable and justified.
Just like when Stoll sat out against Snyder.

Not ok for Tom Ryan.
How stupid are Iowa fans if they don't realize how much there was to lose had Wilk e wrestled and lost.
Don't do what we do...

If my team had 10 times as many stalling calls as they did takedowns, I'd be just as salty as you.

If he was healthy enough to wrestle if needed, he was healthy enough to wrestle. That’s my only point. I get Brands didn’t feel like he needed him, but you can’t argue he wasn’t healthy enough to wrestle when he was.
You keep saying the SAME thing over and over. Holloway has a broken bone in his wrist. He could have wrestled but basically one handed. If it had come down to not giving up six points he could have done that. Since it was a blow out there was absolutely no reason to put him out there. We had pretty much taken care of all the entertaiment for the afternoon.

Not ok for Tom Ryan.
Don't do what we do...
Okay, one more time:
Wilke had the flu and Holloway was injured. Since the Hawks didn't need the points to win, why risk injuring Holloway more? Doesn't sound like protecting a seed, does it?

Yes..........we get it. That is your only point.

And if he was healthy enough to wrestle.........he would have. It is just that simple.

Reactions: Dagboi
He wasn't wrong in his assessment.
And it will come back someday against Iowa when teams forfeit against Iowa's better kids just to spite Brands.
Yes, he was wrong and how do you think the kids parents feel that is in that room working hard every day that he says they found at a 7/11? I would never want my kid to wrestle for him... Why would he say that about any of his guys? I just lost a lot of respect for that Dresser. His tact is to focus the attention off of losing all 9 contested matches onto Iowa forfeiting a weight. He's the consummate politician. All of the posters with their pictures on it as the Dream Team did not come off as the dream team with that comment.

Jesus. Holloway was clearly a "worst case scenario" solution. Thankfully, Brands thought ahead to consider this as he's definitely taken some heat on weight class management. Imagine if Glynn, Turk and Bowman get beat. Now suppose Kemerer, Lee or Marinelli tweaks a knee and they injury default as a precaution. Iowa has now given up 15 points leading up to 197 and a forfeit puts ISU at 21. Brands needs a body that can keep it to a decision or risks losing the dual. That body is pretty banged up, but good enough to make it respectable. I think both Holloway and Brands understand the risks and would be willing if needed. But Holloway wasn't needed. This doesn't have to be difficult to understand.

Not ok for Tom Ryan.
Don't do what we do...
What seed exactly is Iowa "protecting" by not wrestling against a juggernaut like Sammy Colbray? LOL!

Not ok for Tom Ryan.
Don't do what we do...

Your team is garbage boys, quit deflecting. You should be offended that your coach is going to this level rather thank giving an explaination as to why he put such a garbage product on the mat.

Holloway was healthy enough to wrestle only if he absolutely had to. Not too hard to figure out. Since ISU sucks he was not forced into action. Drescher is a worm.

Reactions: Fan In Black
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT