ADVERTISEMENT

Dresser..

Don’t disagree with any of that. I just wanted to see a match as a wrestling fan. He was obviously healthy enough to wrestle, so let’s get that out of the way. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t have weighed in and shook hands.

Don’t agree with Dresser making the comments.

For the love of Gable you are thick headed. On paper, 133,141, 184, and 197 were going to be close. Throw in an upset and ISU makes it close. So at 197, you have a guy who is injured but can maybe still keep it at 3 points if needed. But in a blowout win, the guy is not needed. Protecting a guy from further injury outranks your sense of entitlement as a fan.

Do you whine when your football team is blowing out a team by four touchdowns and they take the QB out in the last few minutes?

The point is, it's ok for Iowa to do it...
Not ok for Tom Ryan.
How stupid are Iowa fans if they don't realize how much there was to lose had Wilk e wrestled and lost.
He stayed in Iowa City because he was "Sick".
I am sure he was, but if another coach says it... their protecting seeds.
The forfeit definately protected Wilkes seed.
You have to love some Iowa fans logic.
Don't do what we do...
If you do what we do, you are bad...
If we do what we do then it is totally acceptable and justified.
Just like when Stoll sat out against Snyder.

If Iowa was trying to protect seeds for ranked wrestlers vs unranked ones we would have brought over our entire JV.

It is humorous how some on here are so afraid to debate the merit if an argument and descend to name calling.
I am comfortable with my intelligence, I think those that lack the ability to differentiate discussion and critism with "stupidity" also lack the ability to have civil discussion period.

It is easy to throw terms "Slimy Tom" Ryan when he sat guys because they were sick or hurt, but when Iowa does it, you have to be a moron not to see it for the "Real" reason.

Wilk e has lost 5 of his last 6, an upset loss to Colbray would be devastating, so yes, keep him home "Sick"

Makes perfect sense.

ISU thought they had a chance to win a contested match at 197, so yes a competitor would rather win one on the mat rather than receive a forfeit. You would think none of you ever wrestled before.

Never thought I would see Iowa fans turn into a bunch of snowflakes unable to participate in civil discussion.
Say what you want, been a fan since the late 79's when hometown Yagla and Bowlsby went to Iowa... wrestled at a different state school but friends with many former Iowa wrestlers and have spent a good bit of time in the sauna with Tom. So if thats stupid, you all calling me that must be morons... lol

It is humorous how some on here are so afraid to debate the merit if an argument and descend to name calling.
I am comfortable with my intelligence, I think those that lack the ability to differentiate discussion and critism with "stupidity" also lack the ability to have civil discussion period.

It is easy to throw terms "Slimy Tom" Ryan when he sat guys because they were sick or hurt, but when Iowa does it, you have to be a moron not to see it for the "Real" reason.

Wilk e has lost 5 of his last 6, an upset loss to Colbray would be devastating, so yes, keep him home "Sick"

Makes perfect sense.

ISU thought they had a chance to win a contested match at 197, so yes a competitor would rather win one on the mat rather than receive a forfeit. You would think none of you ever wrestled before.

Never thought I would see Iowa fans turn into a bunch of snowflakes unable to participate in civil discussion.
Say what you want, been a fan since the late 79's when hometown Yagla and Bowlsby went to Iowa... wrestled at a different state school but friends with many former Iowa wrestlers and have spent a good bit of time in the sauna with Tom. So if thats stupid, you all calling me that must be morons... lol

Was that before or after you were dropped on your head?

And before you pull the high and mighty crap with me, most of the board classifies me as a Brands hater. I'm hardly afraid to call a spade a spade when it comes to Brands but you're off the rails on this one.

Makes perfect sense.

Riiiiigghht. Dipshit.

ISU also thought they had a chance to win at 133 and 141 and their guys looked soft, weak, and poorly conditioned. No reason to think Colbray would look any different. Take the 6 and be happy you got that dumbass.

Who are you talking to Spooner? Sure reads like a one-sided conversation to me :confused:

Not ok for Tom Ryan.
How stupid are Iowa fans if they don't realize how much there was to lose had Wilk e wrestled and lost.
Don't do what we do...
197 aside, good god man...can you learn how to spell?

Reactions: MarvNelson

Makes perfect sense.

Maybe they should have shown up to compete at the other 9 weights instead of worrying so much about 97. So typical of ISU fans to constantly deflect, deflect, deflect.

I don't think y'all would have had a chance to win a contested match at 97 or any other weight against GrandView today much less Iowa. But yeah, blame Brands.

For the love of Gable you are thick headed. On paper, 133,141, 184, and 197 were going to be close. Throw in an upset and ISU makes it close. So at 197, you have a guy who is injured but can maybe still keep it at 3 points if needed. But in a blowout win, the guy is not needed. Protecting a guy from further injury outranks your sense of entitlement as a fan.

Do you whine when your football team is blowing out a team by four touchdowns and they take the QB out in the last few minutes?
This never happens, FYI.

Reactions: PutaRideOn
Yep, i get it the tolrrance is amazing.

I am stupid because I have an opinion that differs from many on here.

Never said my opinion was right or wrong, Tom did what he did for whatever reason he wanted.

It is weird how opinions work, most places allow people to have them.

Never said my opinion was right or wrong, Tom did what he did for whatever reason he wanted.

People are fine with you having an opinion. But opinions can be wrong sometimes, and this is one instance where yours is.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Hawk fans need to thank their lucky stars we don't have that whiny, old bastard coaching in Iowa City.
Dresser is a jealous prick who publicly dissed his own wrestler to deflect criticism from his own inadequacy.
BTW. .. when Storr left it wasn't a big deal because Parker was an upgrade. Now Clone fans are pimping Gomez because they now realize Parker wasn't that wishful upgrade .

Makes perfect sense.

What do you think would be our response when you pretty say tom is lieing about Wilcke being home (you put quotes) “sick” to protect seeding....I’m surprised Tom lets anybody ever wrestle until better g tens-just take preseason rank and let’s go

Not ok for Tom Ryan.
Don't do what we do...
Wait, I thought earlier posts claimed you were an Iowa fan, I don’t think so man. At least other fans troll as their own fan base and not some anonymous name. is this Dresser? I see you came to the best wrestling site in America for some damage control after your presser, whatever your selling we are not buying it Kevin. BTW you were a cool wrestler but what happened dude? Gable envy? Tom and Terry envy? What Kevin?!? WHAT HAPPEnED to you?

No, you are stupid because you think Colbray is someone worthy of ducking.

I immediately thought of next year after hearing Dressers post conference BS. Brands will look to pour it on and make it even worse.

Reactions: MitchL
What do you think would be our response when you pretty say tom is lieing about Wilcke being home (you put quotes) “sick” to protect seeding....I’m surprised Tom lets anybody ever wrestle until better g tens-just take preseason rank and let’s go

Wilcke has just ran a gauntlet of ranked dudes...yet is ducking the unranked Iowa State dude? Flu? Pfft. Not like that’s a national story or anything.

If he was healthy enough to wrestle if needed, he was healthy enough to wrestle. That’s my only point. I get Brands didn’t feel like he needed him, but you can’t argue he wasn’t healthy enough to wrestle when he was.

Ok.........let's see if I got your point correct?

Unless the Coroner has actually signed the Death Certificate.............they are all healthy enough to wrestle.

Ok......... got it!
4fvgdaq_th.gif

Reactions: Dagboi
Gonna give Dresser a pass on his comment about 7-11. Heat of the moment and emotions thingy.

Has happened to all of us. Some of you, more than once. ;)

Just hope he talks to the 125 kid today and makes amends, explains, apologizes.
shake2.gif

Edit: Felt sorry for their 125. Would like to buy him a Chocolate shake...........after the season is over of course........

Last edited:
Dresser is a real head scratcher. Obviously a good coach and recruiter, but he just seems to be so...volatile...that I actually wonder whether there are “issues”. Ultimately I think he’ll bring isu back a few steps, but I wonder whether the drama will be a long term fit.

I'm told Wilcke indeed traveled with the team to Ames. Wasn't Tom quoted as saying he didn't? Even Letisgow has reported Wilcke didn't make the trip, right? Very strange.

Reactions: depelland
I'm told Wilcke indeed traveled with the team to Ames. Wasn't Tom quoted as saying he didn't? Even Letisgow has reported Wilcke didn't make the trip, right? Very strange.
I also find those reports weird because around 184-197 I swear I saw Cash walk out from the warmup tunnel (bathrooms are back there) and sit with other members of team right behind scorers table.

I was kinda surprised he wrestled Stoll honestly.... probably just because he believes in giving the fans a show for their money.... but at that point it would have been akin to taking a knee in football....other than Gwynn’s match that may have been the dullest dual I ever sat through.... if Brands sits someone he’s got a good reason....if Dresser wants to bitch he should bitch about his own team sitting the dual out ;)

Reactions: Dagboi and MitchL
There was nothing he could say so like a politician he pushed a narrative he knew the clown fans would love.He could hardly say"yup we got our ass handed to us"they did.Or "our offense is offensive"it is.

Regarding Dresser. ..when you MIGHT be only the 5th best college wrestling team in the State of Iowa, there are bigger problems than crying about a forfeit victory.
I'd bet the farm that there are more than a few Clone fans shaking their heads this morning about Dresser's behavior.

Reactions: natchrlman
Okay first time in a while that I felt the need to post. That was a complete waste of time for Iowa to drive two in a half hours for practice. KD should have called out his team about how you compete when over matched. Degen was about it. Iowa State should drop the program for a year to reassess where they are at. They are brutal with no fight. What was the 184lber doing with Bowman. Bowman was hurt obviously and fell down out of control a few times and the ISU clown just hung out. That was bad.

Looking at next year there is a good possibility that ISU gets shut out. I don't see the recruits or development on the horizon to fix that program anytime soon. At this point I wonder if Gomez is a potential transfer during the off season.

125- Lee no question 6
133- Same as this year
141- Gomez for ISU but this is a toss up with Murin
149- Lugo still favored
157- KemDog no question probably 6
165- Bull easy 6
174- Young or Joey easy
184- Cash easy
197- Warner easy
HWT- Stoll easy

Looking at next year there is a good possibility that ISU gets shut out. I don't see the recruits or development on the horizon to fix that program anytime soon. At this point I wonder if Gomez is a potential transfer during the off season.

125- Lee no question 6
133- Same as this year
149- Lugo still favored
165- Bull easy 6
174- Young or Joey easy
184- Cash easy
197- Warner easy
HWT- Stoll easy

Murin might turn out to be pretty good, but he's not toss up with Gomez good at this point, IMO.

Reactions: crablegs1

125- Lee no question 6
133- Same as this year
149- Lugo still favored
165- Bull easy 6
174- Young or Joey easy
184- Cash easy
197- Warner easy
HWT- Stoll easy
Also consider it's in Carver (although Iowa fans made up about 50% of the crowd yesterday in Hilton), which would favor us in any toss-ups.

Murin might turn out to be pretty good, but he's not toss up with Gomez good at this point, IMO.

Gomez is on a level with Markus Simmons who just got beat on his own mat by Paul Glynn. Don't forget that Gomez is a 133 and Murin a 141. I can't see him going up a weight and being successful against Murin.

Regarding Dresser. ..when you MIGHT be only the 5th best college wrestling team in the State of Iowa, there are bigger problems than crying about a forfeit victory.
I'd bet the farm that there are more than a few Clone fans shaking their heads this morning about Dresser's behavior.

I don't know...most of them at cyclonefanatic are also crying about the FF also.

Okay first time in a while that I felt the need to post. That was a complete waste of time for Iowa to drive two in a half hours for practice. KD should have called out his team about how you compete when over matched. Degen was about it. Iowa State should drop the program for a year to reassess where they are at. They are brutal with no fight. What was the 184lber doing with Bowman. Bowman was hurt obviously and fell down out of control a few times and the ISU clown just hung out. That was bad.
Not as much of a waste of time as it was for psu to walk across campus to rec hall. Unfortunate to have this type of match. Chapeau to Ryan for a tough end of year run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT