ADVERTISEMENT

EA Sports College Football 25: Kinnick is #20 Toughest Place to Play. Iowa D ranked #13. IOWA is Tier 1 when it comes to Getting Paid

I stopped playing D in NCAA14 because whenever I would control a player, the rest of the CPU defense would stop trying and give up drive after drive.

I was better off simming through the other team's possession and getting back to offense.

Sounds like this game is no different, except you have a little more control over the outcome of plays rather than being at the mercy of AI that stops trying when you control a single player.
Defense definitely needs adjustments. No matter the shell you try hiding with the QB picks you apart. I’ve had some success going into defensive adjustments on the play pick screen and setting zone drops at flats 0 curl flats 5 and hooks 5.

Defense definitely needs adjustments. No matter the shell you try hiding with the QB picks you apart. I’ve had some success going into defensive adjustments on the play pick screen and setting zone drops at flats 0 curl flats 5 and hooks 5.
The best way to explain it is regardless of which individual player you control, any of the others defending a receiver basically plays early 2010s soft ass Iowa zone defense where we sit in a zone and let teams catch the ball in front of us for 5-15 yds every play and THEN try to tackle them afterwards, and the CPU will repeat that until they go down and score.

Every once in a while I would be able to successfully switch players in time so that I could peel off a DB or LB from his robotic electronic football-looking route in coverage to actually come back and, ya know.......try to break up or intercept the pass, but it became such a hit or miss pain staking process that I was just like f*** it. I'll just sim defense until I get back on offense.

There were a few rare occasions where the wonky gameplay would actually have the DB run to a spot and stop in coverage and basically wait for the ball to be thrown to him while the receiver was still running his route, but it was still too much of a mess for me to waste anymore time with it.

The best way to explain it is regardless of which individual player you control, any of the others defending a receiver basically plays early 2010s soft ass Iowa zone defense where we sit in a zone and let teams catch the ball in front of us for 5-15 yds every play and THEN try to tackle them afterwards, and the CPU will repeat that until they go down and score.

Every once in a while I would be able to successfully switch players in time so that I could peel off a DB or LB from his robotic electronic football-looking route in coverage to actually come back and, ya know.......try to break up or intercept the pass, but it became such a hit or miss pain staking process that I was just like f*** it. I'll just sim defense until I get back on offense.

There were a few rare occasions where the wonky gameplay would actually have the DB run to a spot and stop in coverage and basically wait for the ball to be thrown to him while the receiver was still running his route, but it was still too much of a mess for me to waste anymore time with it.
I agree it’s pretty frustrating especially on 3rd downs. Also dynasty has issues all over. Rankings are a mess you’ve got 6-5 teams I. The top 12 and I just beat Wisconsin by 30 they are 6-2 and ranked 2nd I’m 9-0 as Iowa and went from 1 to 4th. Wouldn’t be surprised if this type of stuff doesn’t get fixed to funnel people into ultimate team.

I stopped playing D in NCAA14 because whenever I would control a player, the rest of the CPU defense would stop trying and give up drive after drive.

I was better off simming through the other team's possession and getting back to offense.

Sounds like this game is no different, except you have a little more control over the outcome of plays rather than being at the mercy of AI that stops trying when you control a single player.
How do you sim the other teams possession?

I think in 14 I played mostly nickel and blitzed my extra DB that I controlled off an edge repeatedly. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Defense needs adjusting and no mass subs is pretty unfortunate. I’m having fun with it though.

There have been lots of complaints about this so far. I'd look to see it change.
Playing dynasty mode right now and man they dropped the ball with substitutions as I dont see any mass subs/subbing 2nd team def and off when their are blowouts especially with the emphasis on wear and tear in the game, playing D is tough or im just rusty been a while lol

I'm litetally putrid on defense. I can't tackle. Reading online it seems like I'm not the only one. Heisman and All-American levels say it is difficult all the way around.

Here are some of my other beefs/questions.

1. If a guy doesn't opt into the game (Like Kaleb Johnson I'm assuming) do they just replace him with another made up guy? Do I need to do something else with my rosters? I've updated 3 times.

2. When I went to play my dynasty and set it up with Iowa, why is it when I click on the updated roster Iowa is an 85 and an 86 or 85 on defense with an 83 on offense? Neither of those are true.

3. Is it just me or does the human team fumble all the time? I truly feel like Cade fumbled 50% of the time he gets hit. I am pounding, punching, ripping at the ball and have caused 1 fumble in 15 games.

4. Kicking is IMPOSSIBLE. I am booming my punts. Top of the bar as far as it can go... 42 yard punt. Field goals? A SLIGHT mistake and you are kicking into the stands.

5. Punt and kick blocking is insane. With NON USER PLAYERS.... I rough the kicker or punter (when I actually get to a 4th down) one time every other game. I can't stop it. I'm in safe mode and roughed the kicker. Conversely, I had max protect on and had back to back punts blocked for a TD. What gives?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT