ADVERTISEMENT

Eierman Arrested

Faux means fake in French.

Yea...I get that part because it's been used repeatedly over the years. However, the actual pronunciation of it makes no sense.

I'm not here to defend Fox or Trump because I don't think this is the place for politics but don't you agree that most media (social or legacy) live in their own echo chamber and push their own agenda? There are a million other places for you (collectively, both left and right) to debate politics yet you (again, collective) choose to do it here in the one place where it shouldn't matter. Can't we just have one thing?

Yea...I get that part because it's been used repeatedly over the years. However, the actual pronunciation of it makes no sense.

I'm not here to defend Fox or Trump because I don't think this is the place for politics but don't you agree that most media (social or legacy) live in their own echo chamber and push their own agenda? There are a million other places for you (collectively, both left and right) to debate politics yet you (again, collective) choose to do it here in the one place where it shouldn't matter. Can't we just have one thing?
Not really. Consensual reality is a thing.

I’ve been watching a couple of folks talk right shit above and in other threads with nothing said by their “peers,” to rein them in. So, here we are.

Faux means fake in French. Fox has been an opinion/cult indoctrination tool but their “news,” isn’t really, innit?

I mean, for instance, do you know how many felony charges the last prez has caught, so far? Could a person learn that figure from Fox? While I doubt it’s been publicized in some echo chambers, I do consider it news of the highest order and importance.
Dude, it's NewsMax now. Get with the program.

Reactions: el dub
It's a not so subtle allegorical flim. Could be like another book with which you might be more familiar.

I see you haven't actually identified anything you heard as being in the film that you oppose.
I heard it portrays men as stupid and femmie. I also heard that is promotes homosexuality; but, I cannot say for sure.

I never really got the “Faux News” thing. I’m no French expert but isn’t it pronounced as “Fo?” As in “Feux shizzle, feux sho.”

fo-sho-snoop-dogg.gif

I have moral standards. Do you practice "inclusivity" for everyone without exception?
Sure. I’m all for inclusion. The exception would be people attempting to legislate their religion or their brand of morality onto society in general.

For instance, if you’re against gay marriage, I will fight for your right to NOT enter a gay marriage. But it’s not my business what goes on behind closed doors by consenting adults any more than the religion my neighbors practice or how their personal faith is expressed behind closed doors.

Btw, I don’t believe in the (moral?) right to subvert an election because someone doesn’t like the results and there is no room under my big tent for those guilty of unlawful acts of sedition against our country except for the penal/correctional system…

Last edited:
Sure. I’m all for inclusion. The exception would be people attempting to legislate their religion or their brand of morality onto society in general.
OK, so you are fine with including pedophiles, rapists, and murderers. Got it.

There are things that are against my morality standards and I will not promote them. As far as homosexuals go, I know that the path that they are on is contrary to God's holy law and that they need to change. I want them to change, become a child of God, and get their act together. For me to do nothing, I see as letting them continue down the path that ends up in Hell. I am having compassion on them and you are not.

OK, so you are fine with including pedophiles, rapists, and murderers. Got it.

There are things that are against my morality standards and I will not promote them. As far as homosexuals go, I know that the path that they are on is contrary to God's holy law and that they need to change. I want them to change, become a child of God, and get their act together. For me to do nothing, I see as letting them continue down the path that ends up in Hell. I am having compassion on them and you are not.
Nope. Those folks are criminals. I was clear about consenting adults in private.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
Wife abusers go to jail. White supremacists are entitled to those beliefs. We punish people for bad action against others, not contrary beliefs.
You are still dodging. Most wife abusers do NOT go to jail. Nice of you to not address the white supremacists part. Should you be a person of "inclusivity" concerning them?

As long as they are consenting adults playing with Mr twister imma mind my own bidness. (Is that the patriotic model?)

FOMH (Friend of Mr Hanky.)
I think I can say with confidence that you are inclusive of all behaviors as long as it isn't illegal and nothing is morally repulsive to you as to cause you to not be inclusive to it. I am not like you. That doesn't mean that I don't care for or that I hate homosexuals. It simply means that I will gladly help them to get out of their destructive lifestyle. I will still be neighborly to them and help them. I would never intrude into their bedroom nor will I give them the indication that their actions are fine and dandy. I see myself as a compassionate one in that I care enough to warn them and to do so in a proper, respectable way.

I think I can say with confidence that you are inclusive of all behaviors as long as it isn't illegal and nothing is morally repulsive to you as to cause you to not be inclusive to it. I am not like you. That doesn't mean that I don't care for or that I hate homosexuals. It simply means that I will gladly help them to get out of their destructive lifestyle. I will still be neighborly to them and help them. I would never intrude into their bedroom nor will I give them the indication that their actions are fine and dandy. I see myself as a compassionate one in that I care enough to warn them and to do so in a proper, respectable way.
Respectfully warn someone that you don’t agree with the way god made them?

Let me ask you a question… How old were you when you decided to be heterosexual?

Last edited:
  • Haha
so, you’ve been indoctrinated and groomed to fear a culture of inclusivity?
The "fear" of incusivity is a feeling held by very few. The real problem is being told how to feel and then if you don't share those exact thoughts, you are the bad guy. You can prefer your own thoughts and believe they are the way you want to live your life. Nobody has the right to tell you how you should feel - acting on them in a negative or violent way is another issue. And this goes both ways.

Some of the US cities are doing nothing to punish offenders and they continue to rape, murder, and violate fellow mankind. California and NYC would be prime examples. Where there are no consequences, there is no reason for an individual to stop. When I go cruisin around in my car, I am mostly mindful to obey the law due to consequences. If I keep getting traffic tickets, I wise up and watch myself. I agree that the consequences should be in proportion to the crime and along with punishment should come rehabilitation.
Since you're mentioning escaping consequences for committing crimes...examine the past of the Iowa Governor.

Reactions: burk11 and el dub
Politics and Religion, boys and girls! Two things that are always a waste of time debating and, now adays, they are often incorrectly conflated into one.

1.) You know damn well your mind isn't going to be changed.
2.) Take a second to realize #1 almost certainly applies to the other guy as well.

Look, I love a good debate. Hell, I often flat out love to argue. But, you are more likely to see Quentin Tarantino write and direct an original screenplay than you are to change someone's mind on this topic.

Trust me the possibility(in percentage points) of QT accomplishing the above has a decimal point with a LOT of zeros before a different number finally appears.... 😇 ;) ✌️

Reactions: GoHawks1996
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT