ADVERTISEMENT

Elizabeth Warren for President

The only person that would lose my vote for the Democrats. I could never vote for Trump, but I would vote third party. If the choices were Trump or Warren, I’d rather spend the Election Day getting a root canal than going to the polls.

If only Dems were smart enough to stay away from identity politics and simply run as good old fashioned white Christians like the champion Rs.
Republicans started it in the 80s with "family values"

Cultural stuff that was not legislative fodder. I think it's all a poor approach to politics.

And of course cultural topics remain a mainstay in Republican political strategy.

Identity politics? Lazy attack.
Identity politics? Lazy attack.
Sorry. It’s exactly what happened. She was an absolute superstar when she was taking on credit card companies and the banking industry. Then she went all in on all of the social issue stuff (I’m not saying it was good or bad it just watered down her message) and totally abandoned what made her great.

Reactions: Gimmered
Funny that a woman best known for Lying about her heritage to advance her academics/career would start any dialog accusing others of lying themselves. Peak hypocrisy.

Reactions: abby97 and goldmom
Liz would greatly accelerate the road to US bankruptcy, and the Fed would go crazy trying to fix insane fiscal policy with monetary policy.
A modest wealth tax.

Pegging student loan interest rates to the rates banks give their best customers.

A tiny transaction tax on market speculation and crypto conversions.

Removing tax loopholes for brokers and speculators.

Yeah, policies like that will really bankrupt the US.

Reactions: nelly02
A modest wealth tax.

Pegging student loan interest rates to the rates banks give their best customers.

A tiny transaction tax on market speculation and crypto conversions.

Removing tax loopholes for brokers and speculators.

Yeah, policies like that will really bankrupt the US.
How do plan to tax wealth? Why is taxing wealth even an option, when the income used to accumulate wealth has already been taxed?

Yeah, taxation is always the answer. Taxation kills innovation. Capital gains are taxed at regular income tax rates for short term gains. Long term gains are 20%, which means having risk for holding for a year. Capital losses are limited for tax purposes, so the IRS already shares all of your gains, but only some of your losses. Crypto is already taxed as capital gains.

What tax loopholes? Be specific.

We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

None of that is inherently bad.
And her specific policies were mostly good.

MMT is inherently bad, for the same reason that counterfeiting is inherently bad.

Warren has either fallen for money printing as a panacea, or worse she's a snake oil salesman convincing ignorant people that money printing is a panacea.

Reactions: Finance85
Based on what?

Is the world going to end if the rich pay a bit more, or if students owe less interest on their loans?

The rich already pay more than enough, and people who take out loans should be responsible for them,.. We have a spending problem.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT