ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: ISU had easiest path to Sweet 16

"You didn't play anyone." That was the ISU narrative with Iowa's football success. Now we get to say it with their basketball team.

And yes, I know Stanford just scored again.
Really pathetic chastising a school because they played the teams in front of them. Did you like it when people were questioning Iowa's football success because of the soft schedule? Let it go.

I'd agree, winning games against teams you should beat is great. Consistently is the key to any season.

What separates Iowa's season is that they lost against their two top opponents in football.....got royally embarassed by the 2nd one.

Iowa St hasn't won all of those games in MBB, but not one were they embarassed. Every one of those games Iowa St was in the game until the final 2 minutes and not one were they outclassed.

This would make a lot more sense if Baylor, WVA and Texas Tech were as great as isu grads think they are. In the end isu was able to beat KU and OU at home.

Really pathetic chastising a school because they played the teams in front of them. Did you like it when people were questioning Iowa's football success because of the soft schedule? Let it go.

I have no problem with isu being in the sweet 16. What I do have a problem with is isu grads that throw rocks at the Iowa football schedule and then turn around and say isu didn't have an easy path to the sweet 16.

ALR and SF Austin are better than Northern Iowa. Plus there was no way Northern Iowa would have beaten Iowa State again

SF Austin might be better than UNI, but UNI did beat SFA this year and I think they would give SFA all they want if the played again. I would lean heavily toward UNI in a matchup with ALR. Also, I know you have your Cyclone glasses on, but it's no foregone conclusion that ISU would beat UNI if the two played again.

No doubt that UNI collapsed at the end of that game, but UNI spent the other 39 minutes dominating TAM, who by the way, also beat ISU this year.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
ALR and SF Austin are better than Northern Iowa. Plus there was no way Northern Iowa would have beaten Iowa State again

60085770.jpg

SF Austin might be better than UNI, but UNI did beat SFA this year and I think they would give SFA all they want if the played again. I would lean heavily toward UNI in a matchup with ALR. Also, I know you have your Cyclone glasses on, but it's no foregone conclusion that ISU would beat UNI if the two played again.

No doubt that UNI collapsed at the end of that game, but UNI spent the other 39 minutes dominating TAM, who by the way, also beat ISU this year.

SF Austin is 26th in KenPom and 61st in RPI. ALR is 47th in KenPom and 42nd in RPI. UNI is 64th in KenPom and 70th in RPI.

"You didn't play anyone." That was the ISU narrative with Iowa's football success. Now we get to say it with their basketball team.

And yes, I know Stanford just scored again.
That's a no-brainer. Not sure anybody has, or would, disagree with you. I've specifically said I'd not trade ISU's NCAA schedule for Iowa's.

Last edited:
I have no problem with isu being in the sweet 16. What I do have a problem with is isu grads that throw rocks at the Iowa football schedule and then turn around and say isu didn't have an easy path to the sweet 16.

When you don't play the top four teams in the other division of your conference during the regular season, there's rocks to be thrown.

Then you finally play one in the championship game, and lose. Then you play a real game in the Rose Bowl, and get demolished.

I do understand though that it's hard to play every team in a conference that has something like 73 members, including the incredibly formidable Rutgers Scarlet Knights.

Actually, your post season in hoops was similar to football: Played a weak Temple, and it takes an air ball to lead to your game winning basket...then play a real game, and get demolished.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
When you don't play the top four teams in the other division of your conference during the regular season, there's rocks to be thrown.

Then you finally play one in the championship game, and lose. Then you play a real game in the Rose Bowl, and get demolished.

I do understand though that it's hard to play every team in a conference that has something like 73 members, including the incredibly formidable Rutgers Scarlet Knights.

Actually, your post season in hoops was similar to football: Played a weak Temple, and it takes an air ball to lead to your game winning basket...then play a real game, and get demolished.
Anything ISU football related is the joke of College Football. Enjoy your last push in hoops with Transfer U. Back to reality next year.

When will the Texas Ten be as great as isu grads think they are?

Again Iowa was one play awa from the CFP. That is hardly an indictment as to Iowa being a fraud. But of course isu grads will never admit that. Meanwhile isu grad will argue to their death that isu didn't have an easy agh to the sweet 16.

Both will be equal and Iowa's ceiling is much higher going forward assuming Prohm doesn't pick up scum bags like Fred did booted off their teams.

Iowa State is going to bring back Monte, Thomas, Naz and Burton plus bring in two highly regarded JUCO prospects plus a graduate transfer. I can say with a lot of confidence that team will be better and have a higher ceiling that what Iowa will have next season.

Reactions: KeyWest Tim
Anything ISU football related is the joke of College Football. Enjoy your last push in hoops with Transfer U. Back to reality next year.

Can I help it if players want to play in Ames? What are we supposed to do, say "no you can't play here?"

And, if we're such a joke of College Football, explain what Iowa is since we've won 3 of the last 5, and split with you over the past 20 years.

Iowa State is going to bring back Monte, Thomas, Naz and Burton plus bring in two highly regarded JUCO prospects plus a graduate transfer. I can say with a lot of confidence that team will be better and have a higher ceiling that what Iowa will have next season.
Don't you have highly regarded transfers/JUCOs who barely did anything this year? With what Iowa has locked up in State talent wise in future classes and the large contingent of young talent returning/playing together for 3-4 years still to come I love Iowa's trajectory/ceiling much more.

Can I help it if players want to play in Ames? What are we supposed to do, say "no you can't play here?"

And, if we're such a joke of College Football, explain what Iowa is since we've won 3 of the last 5, and split with you over the past 20 years.
Because KF is terrible vs inferior programs/teams. Winning record or close to vs the PSU's/Michigans/Wiscy's of the world and pathetic vs the Indiana/ISU's of the world. It is pathetic and one of his biggest issues, win the games you are double digit favorites in EVERY freaking year and his record is way better than it already is which is still solid.

Don't you have highly regarded transfers/JUCOs who barely did anything this year? With what Iowa has locked up in State talent wise in future classes and the large contingent of young talent returning/playing together for 3-4 years still to come I love Iowa's trajectory/ceiling much more.

Burton was our only highly regarded transfer this season and he was the Big 12 Newcomer of the Year and has been great. Cooke was a transfer who hasn't done much but he was never highly regarded and was coming off an injury. Those are our only transfers we brought in and we didn't bring in any JUCOs this year. So to answer your question, no.

Are we supposed to apologize for Purdue being crappy and overrated?

And here lies the issue. If you guys shouldn't have to apologize for Purdue losing, then we shouldn't have to apologize for our football schedule being favorable.

Seems like one segment of Cyclone fans were so quick to try and point fingers at our schedule as a reason for our football success, and now a totally different segment of Cyclone fans thinks its unfair to point out their cakewalk to the Sweet 16.

So you have to either:
A. Accept that Iowa rightfully earned a Rose Bowl berth by pulling off a ridiculously difficult task of going 12-0 and shut up with the weak schedule rhetoric.
or B. Apply the same BS argument to ISU's tournament that has been applied to Iowa's football season

Burton was our only highly regarded transfer this season and he was the Big 12 Newcomer of the Year and has been great. Cooke was a transfer who hasn't done much but he was never highly regarded and was coming off an injury. Those are our only transfers we brought in and we didn't bring in any JUCOs this year. So to answer your question, no.
I heard a lot of talking up about Cooke. I love Iowa's 2-3 year window way better than ISU's. If you make the Final 4 than I will be extremely jealous and only then.

I'll admit that ISU had one of the easiest paths to the sweet 16. But they also made it look easy by blowing out their respective opponents.

There it is again. isu grad God to the selective time frame card.

isu is the biggest joke of all of college football. Unless of course you can show us someone other than isu that hasn't won a football conference championship since 1912.

Good luck.

There it is again. isu grad God to the selective time frame card.

isu is the biggest joke of all of college football. Unless of course you can show us someone other than isu that hasn't won a football conference championship since 1912.

Good luck.
My personal favorite Iowa/ISU stat is that ISU has 3 bowl wins in their history. Rick Stanzi has that many bowl wins in a 3 year span.

Who are all these great teams again? The Texas Ten has as expected by in large played below their seeds in the tourney. So the committee over-valued the Texas Ten and got exactly the same thing they have the past 5 years. So yes the isu SOS was bogus. Same as the last 5-6 years for both football and basketball. Apparently that won't even slow isu grad down from touting it.

So, then you will admit that Iowa's wins over Michigan St and Purdue were fraudulent? They were obviously were over-seeded, right?

and Iowa was one play away from the college football playoff but isu grad can't grasp that.
Why do you post about nothing but ISU related stuff? You're a weird dude and are the only one on this board who doesn't think you are a moron. I mean that literally.

Reactions: Hayes_30
Yes ISU did have an easy road to the sweet 16. I knew all along the region they were in was the weakest and I knew it would be easy for them to get this far. You gotta roll with what you get and ISU had an easy path and took advantage of it.

I heard a lot of talking up about Cooke. I love Iowa's 2-3 year window way better than ISU's. If you make the Final 4 than I will be extremely jealous and only then.

Cooke was a pretty damn good player before his injury. He does not look like so far he will bounce back from it. Hope he can by next season.

No, they were on the ROAD, somnething ISU hasn't done yet this year. Oh, Cincy sorry LOL.
And won't have to since the games are neutral court games in the NCAA. Which team has a better record on neutral courts? It won't take much research for you to answer. You hold onto that road game winning all offseason while we continue on with this one.

Depends. If you say that being named conference Newcomer of the Year is "barely doing anything," you are correct.

When you get your NCAA draw you play the teams in your bracket as the field dictates, ISU has done that, And advanced, It's all you can control. Congrats to them.

Keep it going, enjoy the last hurrah.
Dude you could not sound more bitter and miserable. Both teams will be in a transition mode next year. I don't know how anyone can forecast the futures of the two programs based on what we actually know. I wouldn't be creaming your Dockers too much over Prohm's potential demise just yet though. There will be legit talent on next year's ISU roster and he just had 2 of his players drafted in the NBA draft out of Murray freaking State.

Also to show you that I actually have the ability to be objective I'll tell you that I think Fran is upgrading his roster. Obviously Jok is a legit scorer. Potentially elite. I'd take Wagner on my team in a heartbeat. From what I've seen of Cook he's a beast. I do think you'll need a ball handler for next year. Williams has nice length and quickness. Maybe he can be the guy.

Last edited:
Why do you post about nothing but ISU related stuff? You're a weird dude and are the only one on this board who doesn't think you are a moron. I mean that literally.

I post on a lot of things not isu related pay up and you will see me in the lounge.

Has isu grad found another school that is more pathetic than isu in football?

And won't have to since the games are neutral court games in the NCAA. Which team has a better record on neutral courts? It won't take much research for you to answer. You hold onto that road game winning all offseason while we continue on with this one.

So what is the appropriate time frame on this one? Does isu grad demand just this year or is it 2, 5, 10, 15 or 20 years? itcbanges

Back to reality next year? You sir are misinformed.

Iowa State has one of the best returning backcourts in the country next season in Monte Morris, Naz Long and Matt Thomas. Not to mention the #1 Juco PG in the country in Donovan Jackson. Reserve Hallice Cooke is back as well.

In the frontcourt Deonte Burton returns and they have the #1 Juco PF in the country Emmanuel Malou. Darrell Bowie will be one of the top grad transfers as well.

That is an 8-9 man rotation full of juniors and seniors.

If you think Iowa's roster is near that caliber next year you will be sorely dissapointed.

Back to reality next year? You sir are misinformed.

Iowa State has one of the best returning backcourts in the country next season in Monte Morris, Naz Long and Matt Thomas. Not to mention the #1 Juco PG in the country in Donovan Jackson. Reserve Hallice Cooke is back as well.

In the frontcourt Deonte Burton returns and they have the #1 Juco PF in the country Emmanuel Malou. Darrell Bowie will be one of the top grad transfers as well.

That is an 8-9 man rotation full of juniors and seniors.

If you think Iowa's roster is near that caliber next year you will be sorely dissapointed.

Because clown fan says so. Got it. Just as isu was going to de-throne KU this year right?

So what was so wrong with the fact that Iowa was one play away from the CFP?

Do tell us all knowing one. If any fan base on the planet knows anything about winning football it is the isu fan base.

Because clown fan says so. Got it. Just as isu was going to de-throne KU this year right?

Funny you should refer to a conference title. Unless you're the weirdest 40 year old ever you have never experienced one. I'm sure every fan of every school would take a Final Four over a conference title. Two more wins and that will be a reality.

Funny you should refer to a conference title. Unless you're the weirdest 40 year old ever you have never experienced one. I'm sure every fan of every school would take a Final Four over a conference title. Two more wins and that will be a reality.

We all know you will be back here with your little bro syndrome if the clowns find a way to win two more games. The question is will you show up if that doesn't occur and tell the world how myopic and wrong clown fans were when predicting a conference title and the final four?

You reply will be very entertaining I'm sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT