ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN writers have South Carolina, UCLA & LSU in the Final Four w/ either Colorado, NC State or UConn as the 4th Team

Here is the first Top-16 reveal, announced on Feb 15th. A second Top-16 reveal will take place on Feb. 29.

IF Iowa (Portland 4 region) were fortunate to make the Final 4, they would likely face South Carolina (Albany 1 region).

The 4 brackets and top 16 teams as of Feb 15:

Albany 1
1 South Carolina
7 UCLA
12 UConn
16 Louisville

Portland 4
4 Colorado
5 IOWA
10 Virginia Tech
13 Kansas State

Albany 3
3 Ohio State
6 NC State
9 Southern California
14 LSU

Portland 2
2 Stanford
8 Texas
11 Oregon St
15 Indiana

The Top-16 teams, in order, are:
1 South Carolina
2 Stanford
3 Ohio State
4 Colorado
5 Iowa
6 NC State
7 UCLA
8 Texas
9 Southern California
10 Virginia Tech
11 Oregon State
12 UConn
13 Kansas State
14 LSU
15 Indiana
16 Louisville

The Story:

On Feb 15, in the the Top-16 reveal, Colorado was a #1 seed in the Portland 4 region (Iowa was the #2 seed in that bracket).

The Buffs lost last night.

Hit the PLAY button:

#14 Indiana lost at Illinois today, 86-66.

What follows was the first Top-16 reveal, announced on Feb 15th. IU was #15 and a #4 seed.

A second Top-16 reveal will take place on Feb. 29.

As of Feb 15th, IF Iowa (Portland 4 region) were fortunate to make the Final 4, they would likely face South Carolina (Albany 1 region).

The 4 brackets and Top 16 teams as of Feb 15:

Albany 1
1 South Carolina
7 UCLA
12 UConn
16 Louisville

Portland 4
4 Colorado
5 IOWA
10 Virginia Tech
13 Kansas State

Albany 3
3 Ohio State
6 NC State
9 Southern California
14 LSU

Portland 2
2 Stanford
8 Texas
11 Oregon St
15 Indiana

1 South Carolina
2 Stanford
3 Ohio State
4 Colorado
5 Iowa
6 NC State
7 UCLA
8 Texas
9 Southern California
10 Virginia Tech
11 Oregon State
12 UConn
13 Kansas State
14 LSU
15 Indiana
16 Louisville

The Story:

Share with us how iowa defends a team with a center 6ft4 avid athletic? He'll, pennant center was kicking our ass. We are a top ten team but Lsu is better. We don't want to play s. Carolina again. They will smoke us by 15 or more
Idk how you can say with any confidence that South Carolina can smoke Iowa. They go through stretches where they can’t score and they have a size advantage over everyone they play. This past weekend they put up 29 in a half against a three win in conference play Georgia team. Every top 10 team has warts, and three point shooting minimizes Iowas and brightens several other teams.

#14 Indiana lost at Illinois today, 86-66.

What follows was the first Top-16 reveal, announced on Feb 15th. IU was #15 and a #4 seed.

A second Top-16 reveal will take place on Feb. 29.

As of Feb 15th, IF Iowa (Portland 4 region) were fortunate to make the Final 4, they would likely face South Carolina (Albany 1 region).

The 4 brackets and Top 16 teams as of Feb 15:

Albany 1
1 South Carolina
7 UCLA
12 UConn
16 Louisville

Portland 4
4 Colorado
5 IOWA
10 Virginia Tech
13 Kansas State

Albany 3
3 Ohio State
6 NC State
9 Southern California
14 LSU

Portland 2
2 Stanford
8 Texas
11 Oregon St
15 Indiana

1 South Carolina
2 Stanford
3 Ohio State
4 Colorado
5 Iowa
6 NC State
7 UCLA
8 Texas
9 Southern California
10 Virginia Tech
11 Oregon State
12 UConn
13 Kansas State
14 LSU
15 Indiana
16 Louisville

The Story:

I’m fine with Iowa being the number one two seed. I don’t mind those matchups at all. Best bracket we could for honestly. We handled a good va tech team and split games against KSU and I don’t think you could say Iowa played well in either game. Colorado seems like it’s designed pretty favorably for Iowas matchups. If it stay like this I’m happy as a clam.

The latest ESPN bracket has Iowa dropping to a #2 seed in the Portland 2 region.

The one good thing, I guess, is that Iowa would not face South Carolina until the National Championship game.

The latest ESPN bracket has Iowa dropping to a #2 seed in the Portland 2 region.

The one good thing, I guess, is that Iowa would not face South Carolina until the National Championship game.

If Iowa runs the table they'd beat OSU at Carver and likely have to go through Indiana and OSU in the b10 tournament, which would put them back as a one seed I'd think. Basically repeat last year after they got killed by Maryland, but then didn't lose again until the finale.

Repeat of last year's final four is a big ask.
CC will have to be her superhuman self during the tourney and her supporting cast will need to step up for a multi game string for that to happen.
This. I think people still underestimate just how special last years March run was. It will take lightening in a bottle for a repeat of that......

Last edited:
Maybe Coaches' patience on Gabbie Marshall will pay off...

Though, I think the Georgia coach put a curse on her last year. The dreaded "pretty eyes" curse.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
There is definitely a blueprint for how to get CC off her game and get Iowa on their heels. The question now is if Bluder and the team can counteract that and stay in their game. Raining 3s from the bench would definitely help, but Clark is probably going to have to play even better than last year, which is probably asking too much.

This upcoming home game against a peaking OSU will probably provide many answers.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT