ADVERTISEMENT

Euro 2024

I gave up cable after the football season last year. Both the Euros and Copa are on FOX this year which sucks because there isn't a streaming option (that I know of) to watch these games. i believe all the US matches should be big Fox so i should be able to watch those matches. Gonna be a rough Summer of Soccer unless I cave and sign back up for YouTube TV

I gave up cable after the football season last year. Both the Euros and Copa are on FOX this year which sucks because there isn't a streaming option (that I know of) to watch these games. i believe all the US matches should be big Fox so i should be able to watch those matches. Gonna be a rough Summer of Soccer unless I cave and sign back up for YouTube TV
Fubo TV has all the games but yeah, it's irritating that Fox would buy the rights to these events and then not televise them in ways that everyone can actually watch them. At least they had Bass fishing on one of their networks instead.

France did not look good tonight. Offensively they were kind of a mess but they are going to have to play better if they want to make a deep run in this tournament.

Portugal with huge goal to tie it up 1-1
Well, Czechia (when the hell did it become Czechia?) scored on themselves. I'm surprised Rolnado did yell at the Czech player that hit the ball in the goal for not first passing it to Rolnado to score the goal. Seriously, there was at least one perfect scoring opportunities for Portugal get passed up because the player tried making an ill-advised pass to Rolnado so he could take the shot. It must be miserable playing on a team with that guy.

Albania played not to lose and ended up giving up two goals in 3 minutes. God I hate watching teams do that and as an Iowa fan, I've watched teams do that waaaaay too often. On the other hand, as soon as Albania realized that the purpose of the game is to score goals they put the pressure back on and were able to equalize. Just think of what they could have done if they tried to actually score goals all game.

Love soccer fans. Can't wait for '26 WC. Going to hit a few matches hopefully with Germany or Belgium, Netherlands or Ireland. Those fans like to have a good time.

So far this has been a pretty lackluster Euro Cup. Maybe teams came out in the first games and played conservative or maybe there just aren't enough top tier goal scorers on these teams but "Own Goal" leads the scoring list with 5 right now. The next closest player has 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT