ADVERTISEMENT

Explain your screen name

WildTurk

HR Heisman
Jul 25, 2011
Stealing this from themat forums. Some good responses there so I thought I would see what our board can do.

Wildturkey is something I used to hunt and drink a lot. I now do neither but the name stuck with me. What say you?

I'll say the same thing I said there. I had a wrestlescotty account. It got deactivated for some reason on themat.com, so I needed something else. Chose russelscout because it sounds like a name and brusselsprout combined. Idk. And appearently the boy scout on the movie UP has the name russel.

Someone called me this at work after I made a mistake and I thought it sounded funny.

After choosing my avatar, I wish I would have chosen the name “Prison Mike.”

I post a lot in two other forums... probably done posting in one of them as of a couple months ago. This is the only forum where I; A.) don’t have thousands of posts B.) don’t have the screen name that I use for literally everything else.

We’ve done this before I think. I went to school at Iowa St. Born and raised a Hawkeye. I was undercover behind enemy lines. Plus KJ lived the next road down from my parents and I got to know Bono from my sister being friends with his daughter. Also my sister is now friends with Dressers daughter so I’m still a little bit undercover ;)

Two reasons: First, it's a portmanteau of two teams I liked, "Menace Soccer + Iowa Hawkeyes". I had personal connections as I had the good fortune to play rugby at Iowa, and I had just been on a week trial with the Menace while playing for an indoor club when I registered. Second, the two syllables of my last name make a phrase that is synonymous with "fighting fish", which was a nickname I had back in middle school because of it. "Menace Sockeyes" being a loose synonym for that.

Is there a way of changing your name? My account on here is young enough to where I would still like to change mine to “Prison Mike” (because of my avatar...I’ve never been to prison). I am guessing I need to contact a mod or something? That’ll be odd if they don’t know “The Office.”

Is there a way of changing your name? My account on here is young enough to where I would still like to change mine to “Prison Mike” (because of my avatar...I’ve never been to prison). I am guessing I need to contact a mod or something? That’ll be odd if they don’t know “The Office.”

I am pretty sure I have Prison Mike on ignore. Sounds like the screen name of every PSU troll to me.

Someone called me this at work after I made a mistake and I thought it sounded funny.

After choosing my avatar, I wish I would have chosen the name “Prison Mike.”

I post a lot in two other forums... probably done posting in one of them as of a couple months ago. This is the only forum where I; A.) don’t have thousands of posts B.) don’t have the screen name that I use for literally everything else.
Don't second guess your name. I like Dingledorf

Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus
What are vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE)?

Vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) are a type of bacteria called enterococci that have developed resistance to many antibiotics, especially vancomycin. Enterococci bacteria live in our intestines and on our skin, usually without causing problems. But if they become resistant to antibiotics, they can cause serious infections, especially in people who are ill or weak. These infections can occur anywhere in the body. Some common sites include the intestines, the urinary tract, and wounds.

Vancomycin-resistant enterococci infections are treated with antibiotics, which are the types of medicines normally used to kill bacteria. VRE infections are more difficult to treat than other infections with enterococci, because fewer antibiotics can kill the bacteria.

Reactions: VRE
I would love to explain my user name! Problem is, I honestly do not know how I got it?? I have been reading this message Board for many years! I have been a big Iowa Wrestling fan for many more!

I never felt the need to post until the response my Brother got from you all when my father passed. Not only that, but Coach Brands wrote a hand written letter to us!!!

That sealed the deal. I was going to post a thank you and get more involved. that being said. I went to create an account. Low and behold, I already had one. Since 2008 I believe.

I go by IRONWILL which is what I was going to use. I am guessing my Brother-in-Law did the IRONBIRD thing but he doesn't seem to remember? In any case I could not change it even though there was no posts till pretty recently.

I will say again. You guys are the GREATEST WRESTLING FANS IN THE WORLD! I wish here was there or there was here because honestly we are not in the right spot anymore as far as people go.

We will be in Pittsburgh for NCAA's and The HAWKS NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP! Hope to meet and hang with many of you!

Evashevsky as in the great iowa coach Forest Evashevski but spelled with a y at the end because I am Czech and the ending is distinctive between Czechs and Poles and also my dog is Evy. 58, the only year Iowa has ever been crowned national champs in football (by one poll).

Last edited:
Sans Souci is a French phrase meaning no worries. It's also an Island on the Cedar River that has a great history in Waterloo.

My great grandfather went to Iowa then became the student body president of Yale law school. He moved back to Waterloo and practiced law, ran for governor twice as an Irish Catholic Democrat. Even with the Irish and the Catholic he was close. He died at 43 after years of being one of the most sought after orators in the country. Just bragging for the dead guy.

Back to the point, he was one of the original founders of the Sans Souci association. Privately owned Island, maybe 160 acres, twenty homes, with a hotel and the first golf course in Waterloo.

We had five generations of us on the Island before the flood of 2008. The only flood that had any effect on the housing. Waterloo and the total POS of a Mayor Hurley, who's grave I'll piss on while family is still there, ended it all.

That's the long story of Sans Souci. Rip

"It's my Island"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT